• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want VFXVeteran to Review PS5 graphics-tech exclusives?

Would you want VFXVeteran to review PS5/PC graphics tech exclusives

• Yes

Votes: 112 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 53.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 39 13.7%

• Total voters

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'll be leaving these forums for awhile and do just that. I know that no matter how long between now and whenever I may start posting again, there will always be some people that hate my guts or will think I have an agenda. And that's OK. That will have to be something I deal with instead of fighting back. I'll still be watching you guys enjoy your game releases and console releases from time to time.

Take care

No need to step back man. Just reign yourself in from time to time, or simply apologize if you feel you have been overly dogmatic or aggressive with your opinions.

Not that you shouldn't be honest and forthright in your views, hell I have a decades worth of posts here showing how little I care about rubbing people up the wrong way! That said, if I feel I've been wrong I'll cop to it, because to me knowingly refusing to concede mistakes is a bigger weakness than any mistake or incorrect opinion.

Most of all, I do get that having spent years of your working life in the field its hard to give that much credibility to screen names. Real world experience is way more valuable than snark and petty sophistry, so demanding a solid case be made by those arguing against you is fair game.

That being said, at the end of the day, regardless of how much knowledge and experience you have some people are always going to think they are right and you are full of shit! And that too is fine. Personally I just try and speak my mind and allow people to take it or leave it as they wish.

I'm never going to be popular, but I can always hold my head up and say that I always spoke my mind. And that's enough for me, 20 odd years in the biz is all the validation I'll ever need.

All:

I have read the comments on this thread and have given a real hard look at myself and how people view me when it concerns portraying a professional image to the public. I have felt too comfortable with just being open and honest without any filter on my delivery of words and that has tainted my reputation on these boards (and others). And that is completely 100% my fault. Outside of open forums and being on the job, I am just as critical about my own challenges and strive for perfection. This is a double-edge sword as it's what's got me all the opportunities to work at some incredible top-tier companies but also makes me come off as a prick online. Trust me, in person, I am no such thing.

Someone mentioned that I didn't respect the 'craft' of writing code to a closed platform and he's right. I can tell that in his comment, he was somewhat made to feel bad because of the restrictions imposed on the hardware where I have just recently in the past 3 years started to understand those restrictions at Lockheed Martin's program studying their hardware-in-the-loop systems for missile travel. Regardless of how easy it is to transition from writing graphics code to realtime GPU-centric hardware, I feel he wanted to hear that I respect his craft. And I feel bad that I didn't give him that from developer to developer. For that, I apologize.

I think the issue here has always been about trying to convince the Sony guys to calm down the hype and respect that ALL games have limitations and not just platforms outside of Sony products. It's this constant back and forth with me trying to convince and they trying to refute me that's been the big problem here. After talking to @Mod of War it appears that I'm frowned upon because sometimes I need to let people be happy and proud and not nitpick the weaknesses of the graphics in these popular games. He's right. I need to take a step back and look through a different pair of eye glasses. Instead of an us vs. them mentality, I will try to look at all of you guys as one family sharing your experiences even if there is bickering and arguing among you. It's all in fun and I need to look at it that way.

I'll be leaving these forums for awhile and do just that. I know that no matter how long between now and whenever I may start posting again, there will always be some people that hate my guts or will think I have an agenda. And that's OK. That will have to be something I deal with instead of fighting back. I'll still be watching you guys enjoy your game releases and console releases from time to time.

Take care

I mean, great post and it covers a lot of what many of us wanted from you, so it's a shame that you'd be stepping away. We'd much prefer to engage with this new, updated version of you... as Neo would say "upgrades" while trying to combat the new agents, haha. Seriously, this demonstrates you understand where your pitfalls are and how to contribute positively here, which makes it a real shame it's also when you leave, makes me think of how for the movie Logan they finally got Wolverine 100% right and then... ended it, lol. Like, c'mon, guys. Sorry I keep comparing this to nerdy movies, this is how I am. I'm among those who have given you a hard time in the past but I want you to know that's just my natural persona when dealing with people challenging my world view, if anything I hoped I was among those who engaged you at a level where despite challenging you back I didn't offend you, in this very thread I even had one of the more positive responses to your idea of doing these analysis videos. Because as I've said many times your experience DOES make your voice valuable, the problem has always been surrounding your ego and how you talk to people but it sounds like you get that here. Hope you see this message and reconsider your hiatus.

longdi

Banned
All:

I have read the comments on this thread and have given a real hard look at myself and how people view me when it concerns portraying a professional image to the public. I have felt too comfortable with just being open and honest without any filter on my delivery of words and that has tainted my reputation on these boards (and others). And that is completely 100% my fault. Outside of open forums and being on the job, I am just as critical about my own challenges and strive for perfection. This is a double-edge sword as it's what's got me all the opportunities to work at some incredible top-tier companies but also makes me come off as a prick online. Trust me, in person, I am no such thing.

Someone mentioned that I didn't respect the 'craft' of writing code to a closed platform and he's right. I can tell that in his comment, he was somewhat made to feel bad because of the restrictions imposed on the hardware where I have just recently in the past 3 years started to understand those restrictions at Lockheed Martin's program studying their hardware-in-the-loop systems for missile travel. Regardless of how easy it is to transition from writing graphics code to realtime GPU-centric hardware, I feel he wanted to hear that I respect his craft. And I feel bad that I didn't give him that from developer to developer. For that, I apologize.

I think the issue here has always been about trying to convince the Sony guys to calm down the hype and respect that ALL games have limitations and not just platforms outside of Sony products. It's this constant back and forth with me trying to convince and they trying to refute me that's been the big problem here. After talking to @Mod of War it appears that I'm frowned upon because sometimes I need to let people be happy and proud and not nitpick the weaknesses of the graphics in these popular games. He's right. I need to take a step back and look through a different pair of eye glasses. Instead of an us vs. them mentality, I will try to look at all of you guys as one family sharing your experiences even if there is bickering and arguing among you. It's all in fun and I need to look at it that way.

Take care

what a wuss.
just get your review channel going, if it is good it is good. how can you lose out to tiny Cherno?

how many console generations can one man live to see in his lifetime?
life is short, mate

S0ULZB0URNE

It would be less than 3% to drop below 10TF. I'm not sure why you are so invested on something irrelevant to the thread to begin with? Why not ignore OP and this thread altogether if you are grasping at straws to try disprove OP somehow.
No it wouldn't.
Cerny said a 10% power=a couple % drop on performance which is still above 10TF's.

All:

Take care

You have a wealth of knowledge on graphical topics of that there’s little doubt but yeah you need to chill when it comes to the big Sony marquee titles. Let people enjoy them. They’re stunning looking games when you consider they’re built around the constraints of 2013 level laptop parts.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

This is why Sony gamers think I hate Sony the company. It's the Sony gamers who can't acknowledge an incredible and top tier game surpassing their own biased games. It really gets under my skin.

I will absolutely buy a PS5 if just to pick apart every "best graphics ever" game that comes to it. Believe..

thumb_images-of-conceited-meme-rock-cafe-52918469.png

Top Bottom