• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Meet the group who is demanding to see Hillary Clinton's Birth Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/whos-de...th-certificate-baffled-astrologers-1475167293

Who’s Demanding to See Hillary Clinton’s Birth Certificate?
There is one crucial detail Hillary Clinton hasn’t divulged to the American people, and it’s driving Michael O’Reilly bonkers.

Mr. O’Reilly of Bend, Ore., is an astrologer. He knows Donald Trump was born at 10:54 a.m. in Jamaica Hospital in Queens on June 14, 1946. From that, it’s possible to divine that the GOP candidate “has a very strong Mars vibe going on,” he says.

The red planet’s position in Mr. Trump’s natal chart—the precise layout of the heavens at the moment of birth—resonates with Americans fed up with Washington, says Mr. O’Reilly. Mars exudes the Roman war god’s temperament, and Mr. Trump is “basically channeling that energy.”

Mrs. Clinton was born Oct. 26, 1947, at Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Ill., according to the Cook County Clerk. After that, astrologers must play gumshoe to get any closer. There’s decent historical evidence for two times at either end of the day. The Clinton campaign declined to answer questions, ensuring the mystery will continue.

“The craft of forecasting is really impossible unless we have a birth time,” says Mr. O’Reilly. “But the public demands it.”

Astrologers agree candidates’ birth charts are critical to understand their personalities, foresee how they may respond to adversities and perhaps forecast who will win.

Natal charts are usually circular—looking roughly like a dart board—inscribed with numbers, astrological symbols and lines representing the relationships of heavenly bodies. Even mere seconds matter.

At a political event in Concord, N.H., in the 1980s, New Hampshire astrologer Celeste Longacre said she approached Mrs. Clinton, who told her she was born at 8 p.m.

The resulting evening chart, astrologers say, shows strong Gemini-Uranus influences, suggesting an erratic or unpredictable nature. Yet fast-forward the chart to 47 seconds after 8:00, and that could indicate a nurturing disposition.

The morning time astrologers often use for Mrs. Clinton—8:02, which a now-deceased seer once claimed to have confirmed, legend has it—shows Mars in the sector that rules her career along with influences from Mercury, indicating a politically ambitious individual with a strong public presence and could also suggest she is scandal-prone. It would make her a double-Scorpio, indicating extra secretiveness.

To hedge her bets, Ms. Nimark also uses a 12-noon chart, a common practice when birth time isn’t known. She expects Mrs. Clinton to prevail based on positive indicators in her charts and the planetary conditions on inauguration day.

Many celestial soothsayers suspect she is deliberately withholding records to throw people off. “She may herself not want to give out the exact time of birth,” says Ms. Nimark. “There’s always something a Scorpio is hiding. They play things close to the chest.”

That said, astrologers didn’t need natal charts to know Election 2016 was destined for turmoil, says Arizona astrologer Raymond Merriman. Disorder was presaged by a celestial dance between Uranus, known for revolution and disruption of the status quo, and Pluto, associated with destruction, death and rebirth, says Mr. Merriman, president of the International Society for Astrological Research.

Figured Donald Trump's campaign came from Uranus

FStop7

Banned
“The craft of forecasting is really impossible unless we have a birth time,” says Mr. O’Reilly. “But the public demands it.”

I don't think "sheltered life" is enough to describe this guy.

Astrology, heh.

Yes, how can we possibly know anything about Hillary Clinton's personality unless we know the exact moment of her birth?

Is she secretive? Is she detail-oriented? Is she even tempered? Is she ambitious?

I guess we'll never know.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
At this point people's bull shit about the candidates does not surprise me anymore.

Leunam

Natal charts are usually circular—looking roughly like a dart board—inscribed with numbers, astrological symbols and lines representing the relationships of heavenly bodies.

Fitting.

Leave it to Oregon with its hippie-dippy, crystal-reading moonbats to say Hillary is "sneaky" for not publicly revealing her exact time of birth for astrology purposes. These guys are fucking nuts... must be retrograde Sagittariuses in Venus' third house.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
To hedge her bets, Ms. Nimark also uses a 12-noon chart, a common practice when birth time isn’t known.

Why? The modal birth time is between 8 and 9am. This is not scientific reasoning.

Alienfan

There's something I really don't get about groups that demand this, okay maybe I can understand (but not agree) that it's important the President was brought up in America or spent the majority of their life here (which Hillary has), but why does the country they came out of a vagina matter? It's actually ridiculous when you mull it over, these types of people are insane, a birth certificate means shit all

PBY

Banned
There's something I really don't get about groups that demand this, okay maybe I can understand (but not agree) that it's important the President was brought up in America or spent the majority of their life here (which Hillary has), but why does the country they came out of a vagina matter?

Because we live in a path-dependent world full of arbitrary rules and contradictory norms.

Kyzer

Banned
That said, astrologers didn’t need natal charts to know Election 2016 was destined for turmoil, says Arizona astrologer Raymond Merriman. Disorder was presaged by a celestial dance between Uranus, known for revolution and disruption of the status quo, and Pluto, associated with destruction, death and rebirth, says Mr. Merriman, president of the International Society for Astrological Research.

Ah, of course. I had a feeling this was the case. Im good with intuition, because im a pisces.

Why? The modal birth time is between 8 and 9am. This is not scientific reasoning.

SensibleChuckle.gif

I'm kind of surprised WSJ published this, you'd think they'd want to avoid making the GOP seem more ridiculous right now, even if this is obviously a crazy fringe group.

Honestly not surprised by this. I've done canvassing and phonebanking in previous elections and every so often an undecided voter will ask about the candidates' zodiac sign.

AxelFoley

I guess this is gonna be a thing for every Dem candidate for president from now on. I mean, even white women ain't safe from Birtherism.

Miletius

It's fairly harmless in the end. Came in expecting to be like *forehead slap* came out with a more of a shrug. Unless it turns out she's born in the shadow of Venus or something, i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom