• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 cover revealed

cordy

Banned
Turn the 15 to an 18 on your cover and you already own it.

Nah, 2K15 was when they had the transition and back then the Shield was still a team. I haven't played any of the games with anything past that point so all the new superstars and additions I don't have any idea about.

GavinUK86

Does it come with WWII German artifacts?

XS5LK.gif

enewtabie

If Rollins gimmick was what it was in the commercial. To destroy WWE history, it would be great. Commercial was pretty good tbh.

WatTsu

Rollins isn't my first choice but I like it more than the last couple covers.

Curious if they'll do another CE focused on a particular wrestler. I could see an AJ-focused CE selling gangbusters.

(Then again I hope not because I'd like that and Best Buy completely dropped the ball with my NXT Edition preorder last year, so.)

CookTrain

If they're splitting the brands, they NEED to let us have online co-op for it. One player running Raw, one running Smackdown.

Hasney

If this replaces Universe modes customisability, I can see a lot of people being pissed though. My friend at work has 4 different shows.

If it's true that is going to be pretty amazing. Especially if you can sign a bunch of created guys and see if you can make more money eventually than the "main show". I also wonder if you can rename the brands like you could in the past. Lots and lots of interesting ideas.

Lol modern 2K wrestling games but I hope GM Universe is real.

Like, I know it'll be busted but it's better than Universe mode's shitty restrictions.

I hate how the games try and portray things as as a "real" sport. Who wants to worry about budgets in a pro wrestling game? Wish their games (and production in general) were presented more self aware and "in" on the whole facade.

A lot of people love this stuff though. They really need to create a separate product for people who just want the All Stars experience or just build in a complete arcade mode.

Makes sense, it is a perfectly WWE decision to have him on the cover 2 years after he was a thing.

Really gives the game that legit genuine WWE feel, making bonehead decsion at every pass just like Vince does.

A lot of people love this stuff though. They really need to create a separate product for people who just want the All Stars experience or just build in a complete arcade mode.

Even then, if you want to present a "realistic" wrestling simulation shouldn't it involve booking feuds and 5 star matches? Not sure why people like to play this "shane McMahon/Daniel Bryan" commissioner role when their roles in reality are complete works.

komarkaze

I'm surprised they went with a main roster guy like Seth Rollins instead of the only other main roster guy they put above everyone else, Roman Reigns. Maybe the Roman unpopularity that they never acknowledge on TV is something they do acknowledge for video game sales? Or are they probably just saving Roman for next year so they can factor his recent and future accomplishments like retiring Taker, beating Brock, and bringing Raw ratings back to Attitude era levels?

CookTrain

Absolutely. I'd be all for that.

i think the reason for no Roman is 2K chooses these things, not as much WWE. Look at Goldberg. He wasn't on the WWE radar but the game put him there. 2K are probably a little more savvy to the fact that Roman is not so much the way to go.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I'm legit surprised they didn't just slap Roman on the cover.

Absolutely. I'd be all for that.

i think the reason for no Roman is 2K chooses these things, not as much WWE. Look at Goldberg. He wasn't on the WWE radar but the game put him there. 2K are probably a little more savvy to the fact that Roman is not so much the way to go.

Honestly if they put Roman on the cover its another thing he would get booed for, while vince is to sturbborn and still trying to push his own agenda with Roman and not learning a single fucking thing from it

Top Bottom