• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 cover revealed

Orca

I hate how the games try and portray things as as a "real" sport. Who wants to worry about budgets in a pro wrestling game? Wish their games (and production in general) were presented more self aware and "in" on the whole facade.

Yeah, I'd rather be able to book matches as squashes where one wrestler can hit their finisher at will and the other can't get momentum at all, or set up endings that you then need to fulfill - opponent must be counted out after going through the announcer table, pinfall must be after two finishers, must kick out of opponent's finisher then land your own, etc...

Luschient

6uF7lzw.jpg

lol, it's like WWE is like "you fuckers see how hard it is to run this thing?? do you??!!"

Rafus

Rollins is a good choice. He is more of a "franchise" superstar than AJ or Nakamura, for example.
I'm sure they considered Roman, but step back because of the possible bad reception. But hey, at least it's not fucking Dean Ambrose, ugh...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hate how the games try and portray things as as a "real" sport. Who wants to worry about budgets in a pro wrestling game? Wish their games (and production in general) were presented more self aware and "in" on the whole facade.

I wish they went all the way with it honestly. Theres been a lot of wrestling sim games Football Manager style before, would be cool if they did it right in 2K. If there was a more competent developer behind this I could see this actually being good but this is going to end up being half baked and disappointing

IronLich

Just confirm the Kurt Angle pre-order already. We know he's there, we know 2K wants him to be there, so cut to the chase!

MYeager

I do. One of my favorite wrestling modes is Manager of the Ring mode in Final Fire Pro Wrestling which allowed me to bargain contracts, steal wrestlers from other countries, set up TV contracts and select arena pricing, merchandise sales, and select even what style I was trying to promote. Then in the matches try to have well liked matches in order to boost my ratings and revenue. It was a gameboy advance game.

Any idea what the single player/"story" content is this year?

I picked up 2k16 recently just to run through the Austin Showcase and it was a pretty good nostalgia trip (got me to sub to the Network for a month to watch the real versions of lots of those matches).

Saw a rumor that they might focus on Undertaker for that this year.

BiggNife

These days? I'm not sure. I think AJ has definitely gained mainstream attention. He's been around for over a year.

AJ is a year or two away from getting a WWE cover, I think. As it is, I still think Rollins is more well known by the average consumer than AJ is.

dreamfall

I like Rollins a lot, but they couldn't have gone with a better photo for the cover?!

I still haven't gotten around to buying the Season Pass for 2K17 and I do want to check out the content. I wonder how the X and Pro will add to the game visually! Will there be a new showcase?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I like Rollins a lot, but they couldn't have gone with a better photo for the cover?!

I still haven't gotten around to buying the Season Pass for 2K17 and I do want to check out the content. I wonder how the X and Pro will add to the game visually! Will there be a new showcase?

The photo is fine, the 2000 Photoshop layers is probably what youre having issues with :p

Alfredo

Nice that it's finally one of the newer guys instead of relying on older part-timers or whatever. And I guess the little trailer might be playing into that a little.

...I hope the story creator is finally coming back. 2K17 had the "Create-A-Video" feature which was kind of like that, but a huge pain in the butt to use.

No PC either. Probably in the Spring again for the superior version. And by superior version, I mean mods.
I bet they'll do the same shit they did with 2K17. Release the PC version half a year later for full price, and with DLC/season pass still sold separately. Get fucked, 2K.

Not thrilled by this. Never been a big Rollins fan, and I'm not convinced that his brand is strong enough to have the games marketing ride on him. It's whatever, though.

LionPride

Banned
A lot of people have wanted a sim style wrestling game from somewhere that wasn't just a simulator for a minute

Top Bottom