• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE News: Bradshaw is a Nazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

John Bradshaw Layfield reportedly caused a stir at this weekend's "Passport to Pain" show in Munich, Germany. JBL did a Nazi salute in the ring and goose stepped to get heat from the crowd, and a fan who took it to heart ended up ejected from the arena for trying to attack the wrestler. This is illegal in Germany, but no word as of yet on any legal repurcussions towards JBL or WWE.

Wow.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wow - talk about living the gimmick. Wonder if this will get him kicked off MSNBC or whatever business channel he does those stock tips for.

Malakhov

Banned
How can you even think about doing something like this in Germany? There's so many peeps from the older generation that still feel guilty for what happened and you go around and do such a stupid thing there in front of thousands of people? That's just retarded, I hope he gets booted off.

pops619

Here's some more on this whole situation...

Despite it clearly being a wrestling angle for the sake of entertainment (and a tired one at that, everything from Seinfeld to That 70s Show has provided a spoof) Bradshaw is taking major criticism for his Nazi salute during his match in Munich over the weekend. Fans have threatened to not only report his actions to CNBC, but to contact the German authorities to encourage prosecution.

In terms of the lockerroom, most were generally disgusted by his actions and it certainly appears they were not "scripted" by WWE management but rather Bradshaw taking license with his character. Of course, the lockerroom is very anti-Bradshaw right now in general, so a negative reaction had to be expected. Nevertheless, no one was proud of what he did.

ShadowRed

Banned
"Fritz Von Erich would be proud of the cheap heat."

Hey man I can stomach your right wing propaganda, barely, but you better leave the Von Erich's alone. You mess with one of us you mess with all of us.

Neo_ZX

I wonder if Vince made him do it. They stoop to new lows every day. Hopefully this is the last we see of this useless fatass 'big man'

His only good promo was at the Mexican border. No one cares about his worthless career. Just put him in a tag team and end it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looks like Eddie Guerrero is in some trouble, too. He apparently didn't like the treatment the Munich(?) crowd gave him and flipped them off, saying "Germany Sucks!" or something like that, and he wasn't supposed to.

I'm thinking about sending an e-mail to CNBC about Bradshaw, too. Don't ever watch it, just want to see him gone. :p

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
ShadowRed said:
"Fritz Von Erich would be proud of the cheap heat."

Hey man I can stomach your right wing propaganda, barely, but you better leave the Von Erich's alone. You mess with one of us you mess with all of us.

:lol

Chrono

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
your not the only one :lol :lol :lol ..... dammit

:(

Heh I browsed some of the ga threads on goodcow's site.. and saved some smilies.
ga_toothy_smily.gif
goodcow =
ga_thumbs_up.gif

We can :lol away now thanks to goodcow.
ga_lol_smily.gif
ga_lol_smily.gif
ga_lol_smily.gif
ga_lol_smily.gif

Guzim

UPDATE!

Earlier today, WWE.com posted the following apology regarding the controversial incident at a WWE show in Germany a few days ago where John Bradshaw Layfield did Nazi gestures as a way of drawing heat:

WWE and John Layfield deeply regret Mr. Layfield's actions in the ring at our event in Munich, and apologize if it has offended or upset our fans. Mr. Layfield has been reprimanded for his actions.

As of a few hours ago, the statement has been removed from the site. No word on why.

WWE management told Bradshaw not to do the Nazi gestures again. He did them without permission of the company but he has not been fined or punished in anyway yet.

Most feel that the real impact of his actions will happen this week, both at the hands of WWE and CNBC where he works as a financial analyst.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
http://www.nynewsday.com/business/sfl-0608nazigestures,0,4527867.story?coll=nyc-business-headlines
Making gestures associated with Nazism during a World Wrestling Entertainment match in Germany last weekend has cost a prominent performer his moonlighting job as a financial analyst on CNBC.

The network announced Tuesday that John "Bradshaw" Layfield was fired from his job as a CNBC contributor. Layfield was hired last month after serving as a guest analyst for Fox News Channel, which began featuring him regularly last year following the release of his book Have More Money Now.

In an apparent attempt to draw a crowd response during his match against WWE champion Eddie Guerrero in Munich, eyewitness reports said Layfield goose-stepped around the ring and raised his arm numerous times in an Adolf Hitler salute. Such actions are illegal in Germany, although no criminal charges were brought against the 13-year wrestling veteran after the show.

In a statement, a CNBC spokesman said Layfield was fired because, "We find his behavior to be offensive, inappropriate and not befitting anyone associated with our network."

WWE also responded to the incident through a statement on its web site: "WWE and John Layfield deeply regret Mr. Layfield's actions in the ring at our event in Munich and apologize if it has offended or upset our fans. Mr. Layfield has been reprimanded for his actions."

Such sanctions were not released, although it's believed Layfield was set to meet Tuesday with WWE owner Vince McMahon.

Layfield, 36, was recently elevated to a main-event position on the WWE's Smackdown roster after his character was changed to portray him as an anti-immigration zealot, with Mexicans usually the targets of his prejudice during weekly Thursday telecasts on UPN.

bjork

So... it's n ot cool to do Nazi stuff, but to be "an anti-immigration zealot, with Mexicans usually the targets of his prejudice" is fine?

Gotcha.

I wish he was fired from the WWE isntead of CNBC. We don't want him, and there ARE some of us who remember him trying to Americanize Taka Michinoku... first Kane's origin is all fumbled, now this one too...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I hated his angle to begin with.. at this point, they could just as easily push Eddie and him hating each other over Eddies mother.. but whatever.

I would like him to get the boot from the WWE for this, but I shudder to think of RVD becoming some sort of rapping anti-tejano music heel who tries to destroy latino heat because he cant salsa dance or some other rediculously stupid angel the WWE will go for.

I liked watching him when he guested on Fox News for the financial shows, and on CNBC. Seemed like a pretty smart guy. Although I heard that Nazism isn't quite tolerated in current day Germany...

Ahahahaha.

Eat shit Bradshaw.

Seriously his Angle is failing big time. What the fuck is wrong with Vince ? He gets a Hard On for a J.R character which is destroying Smackdown.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I hope that the WWE follows CNBC's lead and fires Bradshaw. Heels do some pretty stupid things to get cheap heat, but that's crossing the line.

Dekajelly

Haha... reminds me of Mark Bosnich who did a Nazi salute on the football pitch, and look what has happened to him, a coke snorting loser, banned from football.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Fight for Freeform said:
Hmmm...everyone seems to hate Bradshaw.

Isn't that a sign that he's a good heel? :p

There's a difference. Bradshaw gets go-away heat...much like X-Pac used to.

FightyF

Banned
Can't disagree with you guys there. But if this negative heat is used properly, it can mean ratings. Ie. Goldberg comes in and kicks Nazi ass. JBL is bladed for maximum effect. Other wrestlers join in on the beatdown. 1 hour spent on this magnificent beatdown...I'd watch all 60 minutes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom