• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: big website update (chara. creation, field, new music)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I see empty lots (without houses) in the city. I wonder if the will more houses and the city will expand as you go through the game. I also wonder if you could have your own house.

Moondrop

Banned
Wow, Xenoblade get even more MMOy with character creation. But hooray for not being stuck with awful jrpg protagonists like Shulk. My hype levels are rising quickly.

random25

I see empty lots (without houses) in the city. I wonder if the will more houses and the city will expand as you go through the game. I also wonder if you could have your own house.

Well, looking for life points may increase the number of residents in the city.

Edit:

It's my opinion and experience. I just want options.

That's fine, I thought you meant you wanted the dub to be British like Xenoblade.
But your comment is still a gross over exaggeration. As an American who hears mostly Americans all day I can say the only annoying American acting is bad acting. There are a fuck load of games, movies and TV shows with great acting. Saying you'd prefer British over American because American would be annoying because "they are quite often annoying" sounds to me like you just don't like the American accent or you are basing this entirely off of Anime style voice acting.

With ten voices to choose from for each gender, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for not all of them to have American accents. Give me a British or Aussie voice as an option. Or how about some non-native accents for a change? French, Eastern European, German etc. Would be a breath of fresh air.

You can't ask for a diverse voice cast and then lump all of Eastern Europe together. :D

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's fine, I thought you meant you wanted the dub to be British like Xenoblade.
But your comment is still a gross over exaggeration. As an American who hears mostly Americans all day I can say the only annoying American acting is bad acting. There are a fuck load of games, movies and TV shows with great acting. Saying you'd prefer British over American because American would be annoying because "they are quite often annoying" sounds to me like you just don't like the American accent or you are basing this entirely off of Anime style voice acting.

I don't watch anime at all. If there is enough diversity in voices I will not mind. If not I will play as a clown in underwear and having the typical "trailer" (or Pablo Francisco :D) voice.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
For this game a diverse voice cast would be fine and as much as I love the English dub of Xenoblade this time around I think Americans should be the voice actors for the cast, I don't wanna hear British Wakka in New LA.

Carlius

Banned
werent people at one point complaining abouit the variety in the environments? on the trailer thread? well, there it is. the lack of variety is game breaking...lol

I feel that it's not going to end pretty because of this picture... :\

EDIT

I don't want to stir up debate. It's just a feeling I have. I'm happy that we'll be able to create a female caracther though.

I am going to be killing monsters in a rocking bikini.

EhoaVash

Glad the armor in this game look good. In xenoblDe it was atrocious looking

Also damn this game has many. VA just for the player ..yeah this is gonna take a while to localize :(

Gze9ogl.jpg

"Greeting fellow Hoo-Mahns. It is a great day for Bree-Thing, yes?"
hahahaha

Male Voices

Shintaro Asauma (Classic)
Kouki Uchiyama (Rival)
Eiji Miyashita (Hot-blooded)
Shinosuke Tachibana (Honor-Roll Student)
Tetsuya Kakihara (Shounen)
Souichirou Hoshi (Teenage)
Daisuke Namikawa (Military)
Toshihiko Seki (Brother)
Masaya Onosaka (Kansai)
Hideyuki Tanaka (Samurai)

Female Voices

Ai Maeda (Classic)
Rina Satou (Tsundere)
Yui Ogura (Whisper)
Shiori Katsuta (High-Class)
Maaya Uchida (Spoiled)
Sumire Uesaka (Ditzy)
Atsuko Tanaka (Military)
Ami Koshimizu (Sexy)
Ryoko Shiraishi (Kansai)
Mariko Suzuki (Traditional Japanese)

Brackets refers to the names given to the voices by the site. Do not take them too literally.

look, I know i shouldn't take them too seriously... but it just seems like the way they classify the voices for each gender...

With ten voices to choose from for each gender, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for not all of them to have American accents. Give me a British or Aussie voice as an option. Or how about some non-native accents for a change? French, Eastern European, German etc. Would be a breath of fresh air.

I highly doubt the western version will have all these voice options... Japan as a whole clearly puts more effort into the VO, and VO actors there are way more recognizable. I think during localization they will not put so much money into hiring ALL these different VO actors...

Yeah.

"Only 5 continents? I want variety in the environments like in Xenoblade!"

There are more continents i can't imagine that they have been working for 5 years on the game for only 5 continents. There are also some areas missing from the trailer from 2014, I am almost certain they are hiding the rest of the continents.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If it's just grunts and laughs and whatnot we may not even see a new selection of voice options. They don't re-dub Link for example.

Bulzeeb

Wow, Xenoblade get even more MMOy with character creation. But hooray for not being stuck with awful jrpg protagonists like Shulk. My hype levels are rising quickly.

character creation has been know for a while, they even make it a focus on some treee hosue footage during E3 last year

Jarmel

Banned
If it's just grunts and laughs and whatnot we may not even see a new selection of voice options. They don't re-dub Link for example.

Actually thinking about it, I have to imagine the VA work is more extensive than just grunts. How do you do a 'Rival' grunt or 'tsundere' grunt? Some of these VA options don't make sense unless the VA work is more complicated than previously seen.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Already mentioned, but if you go on the website you can already check the voice samples and it's definitely not laughs and grunts.

There are more continents i can't imagine that they have been working for 5 years on the game for only 5 continents. There are also some areas missing from the trailer from 2014, I am almost certain they are hiding the rest of the continents.

Each continent has more areas, some visible here (the images are also in the OP, but there you can see from which continent is every image) and some of them not yet shown, as mentioned in the last videos. 5 continents doesn't equal 5 areas. But yeah, probably there are some secret continents/planets/areas in the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope on of the VA classes like High-Class or Spoiled has the nobelwoman's laugh of O HO HO HO HO HO!

So, is anyone going to translate the info in the quest board video?

Haha, I actually skimmed this thread to see if you would post about the quest board.

Damn, this is information overload! I wanted to blackout this game until it releases here, but I can't help but look over some of this stuff now! The excitement!

Haha, I actually skimmed this thread to see if you would post about the quest board.

Damn, this is information overload! I wanted to blackout this game until it releases here, but I can't help but look over some of this stuff now! The excitement!

LOL I guess I did start that thread. But yeah, that's info that's really relevant and has the potential to really reveal something new. We already knew about character customization after all

Effect

Amazing update. This game is going to be so gooood!!!! I really hope the english voice actors are decent. I hope we heard more information regarding the localization soon. Especially if it's going to have multiple languages or just Japanese/English with other languages being subtitled.

LOL I guess I did start that thread. But yeah, that's info that's really relevant and has the potential to really reveal something new. We already knew about character customization after all

It is pretty important info and I'm curious about it myself. I can't claim to know what it actually says, but watching the videos do give me some indication that they've streamlined it with at least a waymarker(?) for individual quests. And I assume, due to the nature of quest boards, it centralizes quest accepting and completing quests using it rather than going to the npc.

It is pretty important info and I'm curious about it myself. I can't claim to know what it actually says, but watching the videos do give me some indication that they've streamlined it with at least a waymarker(?) for individual quests. And I assume, due to the nature of quest boards, it centralizes quest accepting and completing quests using it rather than going to the npc.

I mean yeah obviously. I'm really curious if it's an alternative and you can do both for many if not all quests, or if quests will be exclusively one or the other

Top Bottom