• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: big website update (chara. creation, field, new music)

rhandino

Banned
Also we don't even know if the terrain will be altered at any point due to story reasons. That could happen. I imagine that the construction we see in Neo LA could be completed at some point. As different story events are completed I could see more and more of that area being finished. That leaves things open for other areas to be built up or just outright destroyed an revealing something else.
I would like to see if one can build or help build bases in the different areas... or if another ship crashes =P

Then there is the entire underground. What if we have that ala Final Fantasy 4/2(US)?
I don't want to get hurt so I would keep my expectations in check
I can't

I believe those faces would look better if the eyes weren't so glossy
Oh, in the livestream they explained that the eyes are implants or something along those lines

TriBlade

img_field02_bou_02.jpg

So GAF.. correct me if I'm wrong but Am I going to be able to get my Doll and fly freely through this structure?

This could be too awesome to be real.. Am I missing something with this game?

Well, they said you can go anywhere you see so I assume you can.

Effect

I would like to see if one can build or help build bases in the different areas... or if another ship crashes =P

I don't want to get hurt so I would keep my expectations in check
I can't

Oh, in the livestream they explained that the eyes are implants or something along those lines

Oh I know. I'm just tossing out ideas here. :)

jorgejjvr

It's there a high quality image of that new concept art? Want it as my phone wallpaper. The one with elma and the other characters

Jiraiza

Any idea if there's going to be full armor helmets? I'm a sucker for those in any game when armor appearances actually change. By no means is it because I want to hide my avatar's face!

Any idea if there's going to be full armor helmets? I'm a sucker for those in any game when armor appearances actually change. By no means is it because I want to hide my avatar's face!

that kabuki clown face would mean yes you can have head gear that hides your face

seriously dude first pic
img_chara_mira01.jpg

img_chara_mira03.jpg

I am just going to take a few hours if I have to to create a face I can live with for 300 hours

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hate when we get updates about this game...

Because I know it probably won't hit the US till 2016. :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Those environments look too good.

K-A-Deman

GAF has lost it if people are going to be whining about an optional, and honestly kind of standard bikini on an adult female character.

We've had a thread shut down in the past because of over-reacting to Toadette being 'kidnapped', not a lot is gonna surprise me anymore...

As long as the size range is reasonable and realistic, what/s the problem?

Haven't you gotten the memo? Character's aren't allowed to be sexy anymore.

If everyone on a US ship had a British accent I think that'd be a little odd...

Alternate reality where Benedict Arnold disguised himself as George Washington and surrendered to the British with the Decleration of Surrenderpendence...

Wow, Xenoblade get even more MMOy with character creation. But hooray for not being stuck with awful jrpg protagonists like Shulk. My hype levels are rising quickly.

Shulk was a pretty nice fresh breath after some of the protagonists that preceded him. The fact he actually learned from his trials and changed his mindset made him stand pretty even with the other characters (Although Melia and Dunban were still the best.)

Lyn would you come here for a minute? I have a piece of equipment that you will never ever take off for the rest of the game right here for ya.

But then how will she be able to work on the Dolls when you inevitably crash them?

I am going to be killing monsters in a rocking bikini.

As long as dudes get speedos to go along with it I'm good. Equal opportunity and all that.

I think that the actual protagonist, fully voiced, that will lead the narration could be her

I agree, looks like they're pushing Elma as the protagonist and possibly mascot.

SA94Ob1.gif

What a blessed day, let me go trough all this info =D

All we needed were some tidbits on Dolls and it would be perfect.

Its like the artists modelled every character after some dolls and not real people with real physics.

Eh, with how the rest of the game's shaping up, I wouldn't be surprised if that's kinda a motiff.

INB4
Plot twist; everyone is a fake human

Given that Shulk's Japanese VA is the default Male character, I wouldn't be surprised if we get Adam Howden as the default here. I'd bet on getting at least some British VA.

edit: oh my god and the hot-blooded voice is reyn

PLEAAAASE LET OUR CREATED CHARACTER USE REYN'S VOICE

oh also melia is the high-class female voice

Dunban for Brother, Sharla for Military, and Riki for Shounen.

img_field02_bou_02.jpg

So GAF.. correct me if I'm wrong but Am I going to be able to get my Doll and fly freely through this structure?

This could be too awesome to be real.. Am I missing something with this game?

It wouldn't surprise me if we could, with how they've set up the rest of the game.

I believe those faces would look better if the eyes weren't so glossy:

sjHsRHW.gif

As9tINF.jpg

Environments are [drool***] and those concept arts look phenomenal.

I'm still wondering what's up with the designs and brands in the eyes...

bikinis are back, a shameful boob slider, haunting music... what else do you want?

An immediate worldwide release after the Nintendo not-Direct at E3...

...Not all desires are worldly feasible.

Male Voices

Shintaro Asauma (Classic)
Kouki Uchiyama (Rival)
Eiji Miyashita (Hot-blooded)
Shinosuke Tachibana (Honor-Roll Student)
Tetsuya Kakihara (Shounen)
Souichirou Hoshi (Teenage)
Daisuke Namikawa (Military)
Toshihiko Seki (Brother)
Masaya Onosaka (Kansai)
Hideyuki Tanaka (Samurai)

Female Voices

Ai Maeda (Classic)
Rina Satou (Tsundere)
Yui Ogura (Whisper)
Shiori Katsuta (High-Class)
Maaya Uchida (Spoiled)
Sumire Uesaka (Ditzy)
Atsuko Tanaka (Military)
Ami Koshimizu (Sexy)
Ryoko Shiraishi (Kansai)
Mariko Suzuki (Traditional Japanese)

Brackets refers to the names given to the voices by the site. Do not take them too literally.

I will be forced to create a male Cross if there is romantic relationships at all so I wish they would not tease it with the voice tags, as you said not to read too much into them but :/

ozfunghi

Y'all want British voices for Neo LA residents? Ok.

Right, because everybody in NEW York, has british/Yorkshire accents.

On the other hand, maybe it's more suited for Spanish accents, considering they did opt for the American flag in the game?

Dr. Buni

"Boob slider" and bikinis. Ugh, I knew it was too good to be true. Still hyped for the game, but I wish developers would stop pandering to... some people. I don't care about how you play your game or design your main character, but this kind of stuff completely ruins discussions about the game. Just take a look at some creepy comments in this very thread.

rjinaz

Rough translations of what the voice samples say

Regarding Voice Selection(ボイス選択について)

You can choose between several voices according to your gender.(アバターのボイスは、男性ボイスと女性ボイスの中から選べます。)

Male Voices(男性ボイス)

[Hero](「王道」) - Shintarou Asanuma(浅沼晋太郎): “We’ll win like this!(これで勝利だ!)”

[Rival](「ライバル」) - Kouki Uchiyama(内山昂輝): “[I/you] still have a ways to go.(目的が果たせるのは、まだ先ですね。)”

[Hot-Blooded]([熱血]) - Eiji Miyashita(宮下栄治): “You can count on me!(よろしく頼むぜ!)”

[]「優等生」 - Shinnosuke Tachibana立花慎之介 - ”Let us strive together(共に励みましょう)”

[Sensitive]「耽美」 - Tetsuya Kakihara(柿原徹也) - “That wasn’t bad, huh?(悪くはなかったかな)”

[Delusions of Grandeur]「中二病」 - Ichitarou Hoshisou(保志総一郎) - “How terrible, I can’t control this POWER(悪いな。この力、制御不能でね。)”

[Soldier]「軍人」 - Daisuke Namikawa(浪川大輔) - “Charge! Don’t let up the attack!(突撃!攻め手を止めるな!)”

[Big Bro]「アニキ」 - Hiko Sekitoshi(関俊彦) “Glad I could help(頼られるの、嬉しいねぇ)”

[Southerner]「関西弁」 - Machiya Onozaka(小野坂昌也) - “Y’all can rely on me(よろしく頼んまっせ)”

[Samurai]「古武士」 - Hideyuki Tanaka(田中秀幸) - “Training is nothing compared to a real fight(じっせんに勝る修練はない)”

Female Voices(女性ボイス)

[Heroine]「王道」 - Ai Maeda(前田愛) - “If I keep this up, victory’s in the bag!(これくらいなら倒せて当然!)”

[Tsundere]「ツンデレ」Rina Satou(佐藤利奈)”I-it’s not like I asked you to Break[status effect] them!(くっ・・・崩したからって何よ!?)”

[Soft-Spoken]「ささやき」Yui Agura(小倉唯) - “I’ll accompany(お供します。)”

[M’lady]「お姉さま」Shiori Katsuta(勝田詩織) - “Pleased to meet you(御機嫌よう)”

[Clingy]「甘え声」Maaya Uchida(内田真) - “I fought soooo well~(上手に戦えました~♪)”

[Doofus]「アホドジ」Sumire Kamisaka(上坂すみれ) - “A perfect victory~(完璧な大勝利ぃ~♪)”

[Soldier]「軍人」Atsuko Tanaka(田中敦子) - “How do you plan to take out these small-fry?(雑魚相手に何発使うつもり?)”

[Sultry]「セクシー」Mizuami Koshi(小清水亜美) - “What a....nice reaction(この手応え・・・良かったわ。)”

[Southerner]「関西弁」Ryouko Shiraishi(白石涼子) - “Let’s wrassle this problem together(うちと頑張るろなっ)”

[Eastern]「和風」Mariko Suzuki(鈴木麻里子) - “I place myself in your care(この身、預けよう)”

Courtesy of Gessenkou from FAQS

Jiraiza

that kabuki clown face would mean yes you can have head gear that hides your face

seriously dude first pic
img_chara_mira01.jpg

img_chara_mira03.jpg

I am just going to take a few hours if I have to to create a face I can live with for 300 hours

Except I'm talking about actual helmets, not masks or makeup. I'll hold my breath.

Jiraiza

are you saying the first pic is not a helmet? smh

Well, if you want to be that way, then I meant helmets that cover your entire head and not just portions of your head. Though considering the scale of this game, there's probably hope for me.

Otherwise, I think I'll spend most of my time in the Dolls looking at the head because they look cool.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
"Boob slider" and bikinis. Ugh, I knew it was too good to be true. Still hyped for the game, but I wish developers would stop pandering to... some people. I don't care about how you play your game or design your main character, but this kind of stuff completely ruins discussions about the game. Just take a look at some creepy comments in this very thread.
I wonder if these comments about the boob slider are serious, we are all aware that women have different breast sizes arent we? And they're implying that youcan change the buldge of guys aswell?

Luckily if the first Xenoblade is anything to go by, it goes both ways.

YTA7SyJ.png

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Escalario

Banned
I swear NoE, if you don't leave japanese VA in...(´◔౪◔)✂╰⋃╯

Team Mech Tsundere ASSEEEMMBLLLEEE!

I'm torn between that and Sultry. Goddamnit Monolith why can't we have both at the same time?! WHY?!

evanmisha

Luckily if the first Xenoblade is anything to go by, it goes both ways.

YTA7SyJ.png

And there is nothing wrong with that.

#manservice

And I'm gonna co-sign the call for Japanese voices in the NA/EU release in a BIG way. Hope the disc size constraint issue won't hold it back

Diffense

Soooo hyped!

IMO, if you're concerned about the five continents you shouldn't be.

There are five main areas but they are each HUGE and obviously have tons of internal variety. Someone showed in another thread how the scale of the world is really deceiving. You can't see any details on the world map because the characters would be smaller than a pixel. Houses in NLA are dots on the Primordial Wilderness map but some are really mansions big enough for the characters to enter. I don't think some folks have wrapped their heads around this yet.

Diffense

I wonder if these comments about the boob slider are serious, we are all aware that women have different breast sizes arent we? And they're implying that youcan change the buldge of guys aswell?

Boobs and bulge are not even the same thing.The equivalent would be the ability to adjust the male chest as well.

Probably the real discussion for another thread is the crazy sexualization of female breasts by everyone. Women can't even breast-feed in peace.

Notice that the male characters in Xenoblade get far more naked than any of the female characters were without controversy.

It's a good thing I usually make female main characters anyway, because if the character creation video is anything to go by, it seems it will be the only way to make a character who isn't terminally constipated. I was also afraid we were only going to have goggly moe eyes for the females, but there's realistic ones as well, thankfully.

Top Bottom