• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X website update: day/night/weather system, new chara. and more

Zero²

Hey is that "confirmation" there'll be other cities/settlements in the game, I wonder?

It certainly looks like it's made up of touched-up in-game assets.
Well going by the plot we just got if we found tatsu, it might be possible to find his burnt village and start a quest to find his family! And then find where they ended up

Zero²;153978059 said:
Well going by the plot we just got if we found tatsu, it might be possible to find his burnt village and start a quest to find his family! And then find where they ended up

Do you mean that short story linked in OP? Did someone translate it?
Woah, that's sad if the Nopon village got burnt down. I figured there'd be a Nopon village somewhere on the planet, but Tatsu happened to get lost somewhere or something and ended up in New LA.

edit: oop I just read the translation here. Ahh, the Nopon village didn't get burned, but rather the camp his family and others had set up. So the village seen in the artwork is probably still intact. I hope Tatsu finds his family. Also wow at that part with
"He dreamed of slaying a wicked god accompanied by sidekicks" ...... So it's official, Xenoblade Chronicles took place in Tatsu's mind. That explains why the Nopon are the only recurring race in X.
(spoiler tagged because there was a reference to the first Xenoblade that might be a spoiler if you don't realize it's a reference).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ahh that Nopon themed background!!

bg_blade.jpg

awwww yissss

moolamb

That's a potato-imo!

Star-belly for the win.

I think we'll see Ron somewhere on one of the alien towns he ended up being a guard for (probably the benevolent sheep race Lu's from).

So it's official, Xenoblade Chronicles took place in Tatsu's mind. That explains why the Nopon are the only recurring race in X.[/SPOILER] (spoiler tagged because there was a reference to the first Xenoblade that might be a spoiler if you don't realize it's a reference).

I don't see it that way.
Sooner or later, Tatsu had planned to leave the caravan behind. He dreamed of slaying a wicked god accompanied by sidekicks

In other words, he "dreamed of" as in 'he hoped one day to ...' It's like saying he "dreamed of one day becoming a baseball player."

Rich!

They are showing off the environments too much... makes me worry there will be nothing new to see at release...

Then why are you watching previews?

I want this experience to be the same as when I first played Xenoblade. I have seen the E3 trailers and absolutely nothing else so far, and its gonna stay that way.

I don't see it that way.
Sooner or later, Tatsu had planned to leave the caravan behind. He dreamed of slaying a wicked god accompanied by sidekicks

In other words, he "dreamed of" as in 'he hoped one day to ...' It's like saying he "dreamed of one day becoming a baseball player."

Oh you're right, I misread that. Still, an oddly specific dream there of Tatsu hehe.

moolamb

I don't see it that way.

I thought that dream was just foreshadowing the events to come in Xenoblade X. Like a prophecy in his mind.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
All im saying is that if we see a guy named
zanza is with this colony
we should probably kill him.

anaron

I initially skipped Xenoblade 1 precisely because of the faces, but after giving it a chance the story, characters and gameplay won me over. Those on the fence with this game because of the faces have it easy. Some of them may not be the best but they're still a lot better than the poorly textured fish faces we got in the first game.

I'm gonna steal that

moolamb

Some people like the faces, some people don't.

I'm fine with them. We've discussed every aspect of it. Can we move on from the faces now?

Jimrpg

I haven't played xenoblade chronicles (mainly because of availability) and I regret not getting it when it was out. But I'm so hyped for this game. This, persona 5 and bloodborne will keep me busy this year.

moolamb

^ What's that gif from?

While we're here, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the amazing music track in the first 2:27 of the recent 'direct':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjTzuqyQZlc

I'm neutral to Sawano, I think some of his stuff is pretty dogshit and heavy handed, but he also has some killer moments like these.

This piece perfectly embodies the simultaneous sorrow of a lost home and the discovery of a promised land. It's a story close to my heart, and it should be for anyone who has ever experienced the bittersweet complexities of migration.

You could also think of it as the end of a phase in your life - like the painful break-up of a long relationship - but it's the beginning of a new adventure.

That's what I hear in Sawano's more sensitive tracks.

Okay I should go to bed now.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
yeah, Xenoblade's and X's faces are ugly. But you know what, I was too busy enjoying that awesome world to care, surely will do the same with X

If you say so.

After a year of solid praise around the Wii game, I bought it and couldn't take it seriously after the opening segment. The faces have terrible proportions and I can't stand the bad animation.

Most people seem to be pretty defensive about this hangup, but the truth is that it exists. Maybe those who can't see beyond the silly first impression Xenoblade character art leads with are missing out on a great game, but thankfully there are more than enough things to play out there. Believe me when I say it's just as frustrating to be put off by something that superficial as it is for the Xenoblade defense force to grapple with the idea that it repels a percentage of us.

HunteronX

Banned
If you say so.

After a year of solid praise around the Wii game, I bought it and couldn't take it seriously after the opening segment. The faces have terrible proportions and I can't stand the bad animation.

Most people seem to be pretty defensive about this hangup, but the truth is that it exists. Maybe those who can't see beyond the silly first impression Xenoblade character art leads with are missing out on a great game, but thankfully there are more than enough things to play out there. Believe me when I say it's just as frustrating to be put off by something that superficial as it is for the Xenoblade defense force to grapple with the idea that it repels a percentage of us.

"Xenoblade defense force" - really?

Regarding Xenoblade Chronicles, you know why the faces look bad, and the animation may not be up to your expectations. It's because of the scale of the game - those polygons had to be taken from somewhere. What else did you expect from the Wii?

Anyway, the new video looks amazing. Can't wait to play this game. :)

tengen toppa gurren lagann. I suggest you watch it :p I won't spoil anything but my posting of that gif is extremely relevant when discussing moon sized mechs.

How are you not spoiling it by saying this? >.>

Anyway, few things can match TTGL in terms of mech. This game is certainly one of the few that has the potential.

I wonder if they'll go as crazy as TTGL though.

Spux666

Banned
How are you not spoiling it by saying this? >.>

Anyway, few things can match TTGL in terms of mech. This game is certainly one of the few that has the potential.

I wonder if they'll go as crazy as TTGL though.

Well.....I mean technically my posting of the gif in the first place was already the "spoiler" that I just described. I also wouldn't really call it a spoiler. There is absolutely no context behind it.

As for xenoblade I think it will be an epic mech thing in its own right. I doubt it will reach the heights of TTGL though. I think the only game that has ever matched the ridiculousness of TTGL is "The Wonderful 101".

I love how NLA contrasts a very typically ideal Southern Californian landscape with all that imposing arkship structure in the background, and not to mention, an entire planet teaming with bloodthirsty alien life forms just outside the gates.

Very cool.

alvis.exe

I love how NLA contrasts a very typically ideal Southern Californian landscape with all that imposing arkship structure in the background, and not to mention, an entire planet teaming with bloodthirsty alien life forms just outside the gates.

Very cool.

Definitely agree! That huge contrast between art design is one of my favorite design decisions/direction we've seen so far. Really emphasizes that technically, NLA and its inhabitants are the actual aliens on Planet Mira, and not the other way around.

Looking forward to seeing what other kinds of art design contrasts we'll get once all the other alien civilizations enter the picture. I'm already loving that shot of the Ma Non (?) spaceship hovering over NLA that we got in the "direct"!

moolamb

Well.....I mean technically my posting of the gif in the first place was already the "spoiler" that I just described. I also wouldn't really call it a spoiler. There is absolutely no context behind it.

As for xenoblade I think it will be an epic mech thing in its own right. I doubt it will reach the heights of TTGL though. I think the only game that has ever matched the ridiculousness of TTGL is "The Wonderful 101".

Ah I watched Tengen Toppa ages ago, didn't recognise it! Yes, W101 is as close as gaming gets to it :)

Top Bottom