• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X website update: day/night/weather system, new chara. and more

L~A

As suggested by Kagari, I'm making a dedicated thread for today's update. Same post as the one from the other thread, but including StreetsAhead's translations.

Shot story

Some short story in Japanese about B.L.A.D.E..

Day/Night/Weather system

Video: YouTube

img_field05_01.png

img_field05_02.png

Also, confirmation that you can change the time of day by interacting with a Rest Spot.

Weather effects include Fair, Cloudy, Rain, Thunder & Lightning, Aurora, Rainbow and continent-specific effects like Sandstorms and Heatwaves.

Some concept art by RARE Engine

g_img_rareengine01.jpg

Full gallery here!

Douglas

img_chara11-02.png

img_chara11-01.jpg

Douglas (Voice: Rikiya Koyama)
A member of B.L.A.D.E. He is proficient at all military skills, but especially adept at piloting Dolls.
Despite his stern-looking exterior, he is easy to make fun of; Lyn will often poke fun at his mistakes during Doll test flights.
On Earth, he served under Elma as part of the Unified Government's Vehicle Special Ops Force (also known as the Doll Team).
He is buddy of Lao from their days in the US military.

Lao

img_chara10-02.png

img_chara10-01.jpg

Lao (Voice: Keiji Fujihara)
One of B.L.A.D.E.'s team leaders.
His fighting strength and intuition is admired even by Elma.
He is unexpectedly sensitive and passionate to his core.
He is buddy of Douglas from their days in the US military.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thanks :) Not everyone goes into the info thread (which is why we actively discourage megathreads...)

Roo

by
confirmation that you can change the time of day by interacting with a Rest Spot.

Weather effects include Fair, Cloudy, Rain, Thunder & Lightning, Aurora, Rainbow and continent-specific effects like Sandstorms and Heatwaves.

you mean I can do that anytime if I want like playing the entire game in a raining setting?
or am I reading that wrong?

if the former then that's amazing.

jfoul

Hoping to get an NA release date at E3, This game will be awesome. Hunt down some munsters in my shorts!

Zolbrod

Hmmm, you have to go to a rest spot to change the time of day, instead of being able to do it anywhere, like in the original?

That's slightly disappointing.

moolamb

These faces look a little better.

Holy shit, first post. Quoting from other thread.

Personally I'm not fussed but I can see how people could be. It'd be a shame to put effort into designing a serious-looking, battle hardened warrior woman and then watch her spring to life with an "oh my goodness it's so hard to run in these heels" animation (note: I exaggerate, the animation in today's video isn't that bad).

See, as you say it's probably an option - but if it's not I'll be entirely sympathetic with those who dislike it.

Edit: maybe they did this on purpose so people would stop going on about the faces for five minutes

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yeah, the new characters (as well as all the characters excepting Lin) are looking great.

I love the diversity in the landscape. I really liked the jump in the water.

squall23

Also, confirmation that you can change the time of day by interacting with a Rest Spot.

The rest spot is a cargo container?

Oh wait, Watch Dogs had that too.

Feindflug

Looks absolutely amazing, I still can't get how Monolith delivered such a high level of visual fidelity in a game with such an impressive scale. The music was also great btw.

RPGCrazied

I hope this comes out in the summer time, when there is nothing to play. The music is going to be so good if Xenoblade is anything to go by. I really hope we can see this in english form soon, be in screenshots or voice clips.

mrmickfran

I really hope that it'll be easier to get a certain type of weather to appear.

I'll never forget the agonizing process from sitting on that one island in Gaur Plain just to get a thunderstorm.

Top Bottom