• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X website update: day/night/weather system, new chara. and more

rhandino

Banned
Looking at those gif, god I love the concept of the same area looking different during different day times. The Savage Desert and Noctilucent Forest areas bring those Valak Mountain and Satorl Marsh memories...

You could say she's the hair to the monado in this game.
get it
aSkGO5R.gif

DJIzana

Don't know about PSO specifically, but it's been reminding me of a 3D Phantasy Star 2 for the longest time.

I just started playing PSO2 again. Thought the same thing. Too many games I enjoy playing and ones coming out that I LITERALLY have a difficult time deciding what I want to play. I've never had this happen in a looooooong time.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I just feel the need of posting this again:

cMZmuYN.gif

I'm so looking forward to spend so many hours of my life on that planet.

I just feel the need of posting this again:

cMZmuYN.gif

I'm so looking forward to spend so many hours of my life on that planet.

The skyboxes look soooo good.
Just like in the first Xenoblade, when you could see those beautiful multicoloured stars with the silhouette of Mechonis in the background. It was truly magical. I wish the camera stayed on that moon longer in that vid, it looks so beautiful.

Hrm.... I really like the way the outfits so far look, way better than Xenoblade so far.

But here's the important question(s?): Are the appearances unlinked from the stats? Can I wear anything, but have any stats? I hate when I have to look ugly as hell for better armor, or look like I got dressed in a dark closet with my hands tied behind my back because I don't have a full set yet.

Seeing these casual clothes at least makes me think we'll have a "Casual clothing" option when out of battle.

Fandangox

Hrm.... I really like the way the outfits so far look, way better than Xenoblade so far.

But here's the important question(s?): Are the appearances unlinked from the stats? Can I wear anything, but have any stats? I hate when I have to look ugly as hell for better armor, or look like I got dressed in a dark closet with my hands tied behind my back because I don't have a full set yet.

Seeing these casual clothes at least makes me think we'll have a "Casual clothing" option when out of battle.

I doubt it, it's probably just this game version's of "colony tops, bottoms" etc.

I wish the armor system was like in the Last Story.

Hiltz

I wonder how much Xenoblade Chronicles X cost to develop. Probably slightly over $20 million, huh ? Nintendo will probably keep its marketing costs fairly low, but who knows, we could at least get a TV ad out of it. That would put it at around the same cost as Uncharted with $20 million. We knows Gears of War 1 was around $10, its sequel is $12 million and Bioshock 1 is apparently close to $15 million. 1st Party dxclusives such as God of War 3, apparently cost around $44 million, Gran Turismo 5 at $60 million and Heavy Rain at $40 million ($20 million of that is from marketing costs). For known open world games, Crackdown's around $20 million, Final Fantasy XI cost $40 million, Witcher 2 is apparently $10.3 million, Watch Dogs is $68 million. Then there's Destiny. It apparently cost around $140 million... and that only includes Bungie's development cost and $1 million marketing budget not counting Activision's separate marketing costs.

Astral Dog

I wonder how much Xenoblade Chronicles X cost to develop. Probably slightly over $20 million, huh ? Nintendo will probably keep its marketing costs fairly low, but who knows, we could at least get a TV ad out of it. That would put it at the same cost as Uncharted with $20 million while Gears of War 1 was around $10 and Gears 2 at $12 million and Bioshock 1 is apparently close to $15 million. Other exclusives such as God of War 3, apparently cost around $44 million, Gran Turismo 5 at $60 million. Heavy Rain at $40 million ($20 million of that is from marketing costs). For known open world games, Crackdown's around $20 million, Final Fantasy XI cost $40 million, Witcher 2 is apparently $10.3 million, Watch Dogs is $68 million. Then there's Destiny apparently cost around $140 million... and that only includes Bungie's $1 million self- marketing budget , but not Activision's separate marketing costs.
We can't be sure, it must have been an expensive game (at least for Nintendo standards) , like, needs to sell like 1.5 or two millions for recoup.

What are the realistc expectations for this game? really, even 500k would be a surprise.

Edit: about marketing costs, they will try to push it, even Bayonetta 2 had commercials and other things, don't assume so soon it will be that cheap.

udivision

We can't be sure, it must have been an expensive game (at least for Nintendo standards) , like, needs to sell like 1.5 or two millions for recoup.

What are the realistc expectations for this game? really, even 500k would be a surprise.

It'll sell an even 100k and be a hit ebay item for the rest of it's life.

shenhaZ

Neo Member
I still don't have a wii u.

But with every trailer I'm starting wanting to buy not only a console with the game, but in addition new 3ds with xenoblade 3d and complete it again before release of the new one.

Hiltz

Edit: about marketing costs, they will try to push it, even Bayonetta 2 had commercials and other things, don't assume so soon it will be that cheap.

Your guess sounds about right to me. It's gonna hurt to see this game likely struggle to hit 500k copies.

Sadly, selling as much as 500k copies sounds like a best case scenario given Wii U's situation, but will perhaps be below that around $400-450 but as you said, it likelt needs to sell between 1.5 - 2 million copies. We know that based on what Nintendo said, a traditional Fire Emblem project on Wii U would have to sell at leas 700k copies to justify its development cost. For a 3DS handheld Fire Emblem ttle, the game had to sell at least 250k copies, but Awakening apparently managed to sell around 900k copies.

Hiltz

Still no release date?

Iwata said the game's aiming to come out some time this year. We do know that some of the localization effort has already begun with the game set to release on April 29 for Japan. Nintendo usually skips July for releasing new games, but it did release Pikmin 3 in Japan, Europe and Australia and it came out a month later for North America.

You guys are killing me with these gifs.

Just announce a release date, NoA. I'll pay you now. Release a CE (that I can actually purchase) and I'll buy it at a high price.

Vena

Its hard to say because a lot of the work on this game likely went into the tools and engine used to create it which will, later, go on to be used in other titles and Monolith Soft's expertise gets used a lot in other titles.

They'll lose money on the title barring some miracle sales phenomenon but they'll likely recoup losses or consider losses on a long term investment. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the tech made in Xeno's development was used heavily in Zelda which will sell buttloads. Then again, if this title goes on to sell 500k,at 60$ a pop with Nintendo being its own publisher, then that's 30$ million - retailer cuts.

Why is that video so compressed.

I do wonder why you can only change time at rest stops now. What kind of design barrier possibly led to this I don't have the faintest idea.

Honestly I see XenoX getting close to a million. It has a lot going for it actually, Shulk's inclusion in Smash, the actual localization of the 1st game and the subsequent praising, and it releasing worldwide close to each other. And it's not being released at the end of the lifespan, but close to games like Zelda which should give it a bit more exposure as well.

I don't think it'll see quite as badly as some people might think. Hell 1 million people pirated the original.

Btw I assume the last character to be revealed that's playable is going to be the Foxgirl.

Top Bottom