• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: big website update (chara. creation, field, new music)

anaron

I think I figured out the big twist!

The humans we see are actually androids who took over earth, which explains their doll like appearance. The big bad is actually real humans who were driven out of earth when the androids decided they were dangerous. Or something. That's why there barely are any plot details, nor any actual pics of the main enemy.

Yeah that sounds about right.
Considering Takahashi, this is actually plausible. Lol

I see no Fei Fong Wong hair.

I think I can make a decent Elly though.

I was very pleased to see that one of the pre-set options is essentially Elly with different colouring

QGBEehF.jpg

The humans we see are actually androids who took over earth, which explains their doll like appearance. The big bad is actually real humans who were driven out of earth when the androids decided they were dangerous. Or something. That's why there barely are any plot details, nor any actual pics of the main enemy.

Why do I have a feeling that you're somewhat right...

ozfunghi

Well I'd bet quite a few would have Dutch accents, considering it was New Amsterdam first, but yes, at its founding, NYC would probably have many people with British accents. However, that changed over time as we can all observe today.

This takes place in 2054. New LA is part of an American ship. So yes, there should be Spanish accents, among many regional American English accents.

My point being that it is absurd to expect mainly British accents in a game about a group of American evacuees of Earth. We have a wealth of dialects and accents to choose from within the States. No reason to go British just because almost every other fantasy video game does.

The point was, that you can't deduct what accents you would mainly find, just from the name of the city, or what "old" city it refers to. Who's to say Neo LA wasn't called Neo Amsterdam first? Or has any real connection with LA at all (like York/New York)? The main argument (and stupidity of Monolith Soft) is that they are using the US flag (like we both stated). So you would indeed expect American accents. But not because the city's name is Neo LA.

I don't really care either way, i just know that the Xenoblade voices were some of the best RPG voice accomplishments i've heard and i wouldn't mind if the same team did the same for this game. Regardless the flag.

ika

The point was, that you can't deduct what accents you would mainly find, just from the name of the city, or what "old" city it refers to. Who's to say Neo LA wasn't called Neo Amsterdam first? Or has any real connection with LA at all (like York/New York)? The main argument (and stupidity of Monolith Soft) is that they are using the US flag (like we both stated). So you would indeed expect American accents. But not because the city's name is Neo LA.

I don't really care either way, i just know that the Xenoblade voices were some of the best RPG voice accomplishments i've heard and i wouldn't mind if the same team did the same for this game. Regardless the flag.

Yeah, I agree. In fact, all the people at NLA are speaking japanese right now and nobody is complaining. Hell, you can even choose a "Samurai-accent" for your avatar lol! It'll be fine to me if all the voices are british. And don't even start on how all those alien races can speak english (no matter the accent) or japanese with no problems just two months after humans crashed in Mira (or the other species that are fighting in the intro and didn't find us yet - late game spoilers :p-). It's just a game.

Raide

The Pro's of this being a Japanese focused titles is that we might get some amazing cross-over items. Special masks, anime mech parts or voices etc.

The Con's for the above is that we won't get any of it in the US/EU. :(

JDSN

Banned
Shame there arent the usual afro haircut with a prominence of anime L'Oreal hair, but its a pretty damn good selection.The bone structure of face gives me a lot of hope for making something great.

Converse

Banned
Holy sweet fuck, those environments. I laugh at all the 720p faces bullshit, this is one of the best looking games I've ever seen. I absolutely cannot wait to fly around these worlds in a god-damned mech.

img_field02_shiro_01.jpg

img_field02_bou_03.jpg

img_field02_yako_03.jpg

img_field02_bou_01.jpg

img_field02_gen_03.jpg

Look at that. I used to dream about games like this.

moolamb

Hell yes!!! This game!!!

I actually enjoyed it when everyone was distracted by boobs in this thread. Got pretty bored of facists...

bomblord1

Banned
QGBEehF.jpg

Question to people who have an issue with the faces (I am not one of those people). Does this face look bad to you? IMO it looks fine, great even but I don't see the big issues with the other faces so I'm curious.

TheMoon

I mean, from the overview video it definitely seemed like you could still receive quests directly from NPCs as well

Really? I didn't get that sense. But good, if so.

It was very clear. The translated video even covered this in more detail. The quest board is for Simple Quests. The NPC-based quests are the more involved ones.

Zero²;151745387 said:
Since it's sawano, we will probably see an album release ^^

Takahashi confirmed it by saying he's looking forward to buying the OST on twitter.

Sanctuary

Faces look great, haters need their cateracs popped tbh

Not all of those faces are equal at all. Some actually look good, while others are still hot garbage (the first five). If you can actually adjust the eyes, then even the first five would look fine.

Which I find odd since the game isnt about faces. Haters going to hate on anything when its a good game not coming out for their system of choice.

Yeah, that would be the easiest excuse huh? Too bad you liking the faces doesn't mean the only people complaining do not have a Wii U. Most of those environments look great though.

Damn, I wish they had included the song from the previous trailer, it was absolutely wonderful.

But all this info is making it increasingly more obvious that I'm going to love spending 300+ hours in this world.

Kouriozan

I fear I will end up wearing the best looking armors and neglect the stats.
I was a bit sad in Xenoblade Wii when I had to mix and match different armors part, it looked horrible but it was the best stat wise when you find stuff in the wild.

TheMoon

Yeah people really have no idea how huge these continents really are. Just a fraction of a continent could take a long while to explore, and that one fraction could be completely different from the rest of the continent. People really need to stop focusing on the "5" and start looking at the bigger picture. These are huge landmasses with different landscapes sprinkled about.

Yea just looking at what they've shown off and then checking the map to see how tiny those snippets are on those maps and how differen they already look... plus we only see surface areas. The world is very vertical this time. And who knows how many caves there are. They could be hiding another whole "continent" behind a cave that you unlock access to through a story event.

So it really is reverse Battlestar Galactica, eh? :D

QGBEehF.jpg

Question to people who have an issue with the faces (I am not one of those people). Does this face look bad to you? IMO it looks fine, great even but I don't see the big issues with the other faces so I'm curious.

No, the only problematic face is Lin because of her babyface cheeks that make her look like a china doll.

bomblord1

Banned
Yea just looking at what they've shown off and then checking the map to see how tiny those snippets are on those maps and how differen they already look... plus we only see surface areas. The world is very vertical this time. And who knows how many caves there are. They could be hiding another whole "continent" behind a cave that you unlock access to through a story event.

So it really is reverse Battlestar Galactica, eh? :D

No, the only problematic face is Lin because of her babyface cheeks that make her look like a china doll.

Alright thank you

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was a bit sad in Xenoblade Wii when I had to mix and match different armors part, it looked horrible but it was the best stat wise when you find stuff in the wild.

Embrace the ridiculous outfits, and embrace the stats!!

rhandino

Banned
The good thing about gems in Xenoblade is that stats of the armor itself were most of the time worthless, once I got to
The Fallen Arm
I didn't need to change armors since I was making broken as hell gems =P

anaron

Just for future reference regarding character creation, from the treehouse footage it is confirmed that you can at the very least:

adjust skin tone, blemishes, cheekbones, and eyes, eye colour

65aC6OV.jpg

S2Pr6xV.jpg

1M1P4WI.jpg

NPGT9wA.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The good thing about gems in Xenoblade is that stats of the armor itself were most of the time worthless, once I got to
The Fallen Arm
I didn't need to change armors since I was making broken as hell gems =P

With how rare some of the drops were though, you ended up mixing and matching a lot. Especially if you want slotted Heavy Armor gear.

Just for future reference regarding character creation, from the treehouse footage it is confirmed that you can at the very least:

adjust skin tone, blemishes, cheekbones, and eyes, eye colour

Yeah, you can basically tweak any aspect of the pre-sets that you like. Some people have assumed that you only have the pre-sets, or only minor changes to the presets, but you can actually change everything as much as you want, eyebrows, eyes, skin tone, make up, etc etc etc.it's a pretty comprehensive character customization system from what I've seen.

Yeah, that would be the easiest excuse huh? Too bad you liking the faces doesn't mean the only people complaining do not have a Wii U. Most of those environments look great though.

Environment, gameplay, contents, monsters, exploring and story are way more important than perfect faces.

woopWOOP

You can be a ninja clown? If the game also has a chubby slider, that'd be perfect.

Also I really can't stand the eyes of that black haired girl in the white suit. Hopefully the game has a few more partymembers so I can boot her outta the party asap.

Normally I almost always go with a male character, and I was probably going to use the English voices, but if Nintendo does dual audio in the west like with the first game, I now have to make a female character and use the Japanese voices. Because damn, Ai Maeda as one of the options. That's my childhood right there. I'll totally play as Mimi running around beating up giant monsters.

anaron

Ha, I knew Ai Maeda was familiar but I had totally forgotten she played Shion. Love it.

Let's get Lia Sargent back up in hur

Which I find odd since the game isnt about faces. Haters going to hate on anything when its a good game not coming out for their system of choice.

But it is coming for my system of choice.
It still has the ugliest characters since the invention of gaming.*
*Right after Delsin
Edit: First look at a DLC character.

JCX

Not sure why it's stupid of Monolithsoft to deliberately create a game about the last remnants of the U.S. (Although I wouldn't be surprised if colonies from other countries show up in X). It'd be very strange if say, China, chose "New Los Angeles" as a name for one of the few space colonies it's sending to preserve their culture and humanity. Of course you couldn't be 100% certain, but that would be strange.

That said, if you're confident that they did a good job with Xenoblade's British English voices, then there's no reason why they can't do just as well with American English voices.

I really hope there's more to the map than that. Not that it's not big, but it would suck if they just spoiled all the continents like that.

Does the website confirm if gorgeous piece is Tanaka's?
fWLU58j.jpg

It totally looks like his stuff and it's exactly what I've been waiting to see

It's Yoko Tsukamoto. I think Tsukamoto was the designer for Lou (blue goat alien), can't remember for sure though. Definitely not Tanaka.

Top Bottom