• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yelp sues South Park creators and Comedy Central for 10 million $ over episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: FAKE NEWS, UNFORTUNATELY

Source: http://nbc.com.co/yelp-sues-south-park-for-10-million-over-episode/

I bolded Parker and Stone's reply, because it is magical.

Today Yelp Inc. filed a $10 million dollar lawsuit against the creators of South Park and Comedy Central. In the lawsuit, Yelp is seeking damages caused by the latest episode of South Park which lampooned the customer review and local business rating website.

Paul Horner, who is a spokesman for Yelp, spoke with NBC News about details of the lawsuit.

“Our company, along with its millions of users, take Yelp very seriously. The South Park episode was in extremely bad taste and not funny whatsoever. To say our critics are out there trying to get free food and using racist slurs on little Mexican children is beyond ridiculous. To compare the users of Yelp to terrorists is not only cruel, but the definition of libel and slander. I believe any reasonable court in America will agree with the lawsuit and rule in our favor.”

Matt Stone and Trey Parker, creators of the popular animated series, were quick to issue a statement of their own.

“We’ve taken a hard look at the information presented to us, and after reviewing it, we have given Yelp and their lawsuit only one star. Their lawyers delivered us legal documents in a very unprofessional manner; not bothering to smile or even a quick handshake. The writing on the envelope was barely legible and in two different colors. It is our personal opinion that Yelp could do a much better job by not suing us for ten million dollars.”

I'm pretty sure that's a hoax site. At the bottom of the page they have a link to a common "Big Lebowski 2" hoax rumor.

Arc

Not sure I understand Yelp's goal here. This will never stick in court and the episode was parody.

Edit: wait this looks and sounds fake

glaurung

Excellent response from Matt and Trey.

That was a great SP episode too.

Edit: haha it's fake.
Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin, a mascot for a Christian anti-masturbation organization, says the company is losing business because of Yelp reviewers.

It's fake.

The official yelp twitter confirmed it and also they tweeted right after the episode aired and said they loved it.

https://twitter.com/Yelp?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

That reply had me in stiches at my desk.

EDIT: Yep it's fake and Yelp twitter even acknoledged the fake lawsuit.
J6oq1IX.png

This is the second time I've seen people bambozzled by this fake news site. People really need to learn how to exercise some healthy skepticism on the Internet.

I give this OP 1 star. Very quick to post threads but the thread did not deliver on my expectations. It used imitation news sources so it did not feel very authentic. I won't be going back to OP's thread.

Yeah, this is bogus.

The Eat24 marketing/social team (which admittedly was hilariously awesome before their acquisition by Yelp) was totally playing it up.

wsbdFu7.png

RPGCrazied

Hope they lose, but yeah, South Park makes fun of everyone. They really don't target one group. All I can say is get thicker skin and suck it up.

Aww, its fake. Still my statement remains true if people want to sue South Park.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
“We’ve taken a hard look at the information presented to us, and after reviewing it, we have given Yelp and their lawsuit only one star. Their lawyers delivered us legal documents in a very unprofessional manner; not bothering to smile or even a quick handshake. The writing on the envelope was barely legible and in two different colors. It is our personal opinion that Yelp could do a much better job by not suing us for ten million dollars.”

#ded
nnI8l4X.jpg

too bad its fake

Damn this got me, though when i got to:

Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin, a mascot for a Christian anti-masturbation organization, says the company is losing business because of Yelp reviewers.

it did seem off haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom