• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl1992

From what I've read from Reddit, DO5 is planning to sue Phil D.

https://twitter.com/YourselfSuit/status/854987249695375360/photo/1

I can't say this for certain yet as I'm not at my computer, but I think that GoFundMe page got pulled.

Edit: Yup, it got pulled. Jesus, this entire saga made me feel sick. I had to skip the parts where the kids were in shot because I couldn't bear to see them getting hurt, and this is from someone who finds horror movies pretty boring nowadays. Awful, just awful.

hobozero

A good prank to pull on your child:

Get them into the car like it is a normal school day. Start driving for the airport and wait for them to notice that you are going the wrong way. Surprise, you're going to Disney World! Then you actually go to Disney World and have a beautiful family vacation where they make memories about the best prank mom and/or dad ever pulled.

”One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."
- Jack Handy

Edit: dammit, beaten to it :(

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I am not a fan of Philip DeFranco, especially when it comes to social issues, however he has done stellar work on this disgusting scandal.

I would recommend you watch all three videos.
First
Second
Third

My god, I just watched the first one but that is disturbing AF

funny, i made a post about this and it got closed for no good reason.

tried to bring it to everyone's attention and was told i shouldn't try to "attack" these guys.

didn't doxx anyone. no explanation when i pm'ed a mod either.

glad this got attention.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

tried to bring it to everyone's attention and was told i shouldn't try to "attack" these guys.

glad this got attention.

Did you just post links to his channel? It was most likely to avoid giving them clicks and because you aren't supposed to post stuff that will only piss people off or shock them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwFohJwxrp0

Jesus, just so many red flags throughout this whole video. The way the younger brothers cower from the oldest one :(

You can just bet the 'father' was just thinking about the views throughout all of this. Jesus man.

The worst thing is it's safe to presume with all the 'material goods' around the house the kids think they're in a good household. Damn.

Arkeband

Banned
I just read this on another site:

If that's true that's a whole different level of disturbing behavior.

If Philip deFranco's video is to be believed, the original mother put forth that she has bipolar disorder in her allegations, so her side of the story may also be missing some vital information.

glad this got attention.

This is a thread about DeFranco's video series and this now being 'news' (with passing mention of h3h3/Steve-O's video), the other locked threads were just GAF vs. Daddyofive.

Big Nikus

glad this got attention.

Well, mod are human beings, I guess if they didn't grasp the full implications of this story, it made sense to close the thread, because threads made just to shock and get emotional reactions are usually not really productive. But with this one it turns out it can do some good. I mean, with this story getting traction, there's more chance that these kids will be protected and taken away from their abusive parents. Perhaps this thread will get locked until we get "new news", we'll see.

Did you just post links to his channel? It was most likely to avoid giving them clicks and because you aren't supposed to post stuff that will only piss people off or shock them.
i posted a link to the controversial video and a link to the channel, in hopes that this would gain further traction here. this was before the defranco video.

if widening the circle of people that could potentially see this video of child abuse is wrong, i guess i don't want to be right, but i work in child welfare and have a moral (to call attention to) and legal (to report it to authorities, which i did) obligation here.

shutting down that thread was as good as idly standing by and letting it continue.

Budi

More disturbing? People liked and subscribed.

Yeah, even IF we would be so lucky and these vids are fake in the sense that the kids are just acting. Who wants to watch shit like that where kids are in distress and it's presented as real.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah, even IF we would be so lucky and these vids are fake in the sense that the kids are just acting. Who wants to watch shit like that where kids are in distress and it's presented as real.

I don't pretend to know anything about kids, but if he was acting there then he was awfully fucking convincing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
i posted a link to the controversial video and a link to the channel, in hopes that this would gain further traction here. this was before the defranco video.

if widening the circle of people that could potentially see this video of child abuse is wrong, i guess i don't want to be right, but i work in child welfare and have a moral (to call attention to) and legal (to report it to authorities, which i did) obligation here.

shutting down that thread was as good as idly standing by and letting it continue.

Well that is all well and good but for future reference it's still against the forum rules. You weren't the only person to create a thread on this either, the other got locked as well.

dukeoflegs

If Philip deFranco's video is to be believed, the original mother put forth that she has bipolar disorder in her allegations, so her side of the story may also be missing some vital information.

Wasn't aware of that, catching up on videos and news of this when I have breaks.

I just read this on another site:

If that's true that's a whole different level of disturbing behavior.
I'm skeptical of the biological mother's story. I hope her story is accurate because then there's hope for at least two of those kids to live with a more stable adult, but given how hard it is for a parent, particularly a mother, to lose custody, I am guessing she is a fucked up person too.
OK, it's starting to make sense.

Budi

I don't pretend to know anything about kids, but if he was acting there then he was awfully fucking convincing.

Yeah also said earlier, if this was indeed all fake. They shouldn't be doing videos in Youtube but work in Hollywood. Kids as actors and the dad as a director.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So when exactly does CPS deem something bad enough to step in? Considering how far things go on camera I wonder how often stuff gets left on the cutting room floor that results in hospital visits. You can even hear in the dad's voice when he's in "prank bruh" mode and then slips seamlessly into actual anger. It usually happens when the kids start pushing back at all or stand up for themselves which he seems to take as disrespect.

'WE SELL CODYS KIDNEY ON THE BLACKMARTER CUS OF YOU"

2zdt4lf.gif

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
A good prank to pull on your child:

Get them into the car like it is a normal school day. Start driving for the airport and wait for them to notice that you are going the wrong way. Surprise, you're going to Disney World! Then you actually go to Disney World and have a beautiful family vacation where they make memories about the best prank mom and/or dad ever pulled.

My parents did this to me as a kid. I was about 7 or so and they told me I had a dentist appointment but after a little while I noticed we were getting on the freeway. I asked about it and they just told me we were going to a new dentist. After what seemed like an incredibly long car ride (30 minutes is an eternity to a kid, especially one dreading the destination) I spot the iconic Happiest Place on Earth sign and realize we're turning in to the parking lot. I went nuts. It was one of my favorite childhood memories.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My parents did this to me as a kid. I was about 7 or so and they told me I had a dentist appointment but after a little while I noticed we were getting on the freeway. I asked about it and they just told me we were going to a new dentist. After what seemed like an incredibly long car ride (30 minutes is an eternity to a kid, especially one dreading the destination) I spot the iconic Happiest Place on Earth sign and realize we're turning in to the parking lot. I went nuts. It was one of my favorite childhood memories.

Makes me want to borrow somebody's kids. Do you have to ask before you do that?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ha, we did the same to my little cousin last month.

During spring break she came to visit us, we told her we were going to the mall but instead took her to Univeral Studios. She was happy as shit when she realized where we were actually going.

This is child abuse and CPS should be involved. Absolutely disgusting behavior. "It's just a prank, brah" What a piece of shit. I watched the H3H3 video on this and was pretty appalled. The shit cherry on top is making his kid do the fucking video outro after traumatizing him. Fucking prick.

Watching the first Phil DeFranco video. Take these children away from these disgusting people. This is lasting emotional damage and it's not remotely funny or entertaining. There's plenty of evidence out there that concludes verbal/emotional abuse is the same as physical, and is potentially worse.

I'd be okay with the good ole unscrew the salt shaker prank, but I'm not okay with exploiting kids and I'm not okay with mentally abusing them either.

depths20XX

Wtf at that adoption prank.

"Why's he freaking out? We only told him we're giving him up for adoption and giving his stuff away as his siblings mock him the whole time."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwFohJwxrp0

Jesus, just so many red flags throughout this whole video. The way the younger brothers cower from the oldest one :(

You can just bet the 'father' was just thinking about the views throughout all of this. Jesus man.

The worst thing is it's safe to presume with all the 'material goods' around the house the kids think they're in a good household. Damn.

God this is so extremely sad. The way the oldest brother beats up the younger kids and the dad just stands there watching and encouraging. And the constant yelling at Emma for just wanting to be around the camera. The oldest throws a shoe at one of the younger brothers and smacks him right in the face. Then the dad says that the kid should throw the shoe back but the younger kid doesn't want to because it'll just make his brother hurt him more. Then the kid picks up a plastic drawer and places it on top of his head for protection and the dad just laughs at him.

Tahnit

Banned
Fuck I am so enraged by this. These kids are probably getting physically abused more when the camera is off.

Someone do something to get these kids to safety. And lock up both parents.

FUCK

Auctopus

The "family lives ruined" video just sounds like several minutes of bullshit.

The repetition of apologies sounds fake af.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA child abuse is hilarious! They're just pranks ya'll! PRANKS! GONE PSYCHOLOGICAL!

Fuckin' gross man... Even if you bought the "fake" or "they're acting" bullshit those instances of those two kids getting hit falls for the lulz I guess, is way beyond that.

Every so often I watch PDP and Boogie and these videos are clear and away child abuse. Fuck off using these terrible instances of abuse as a bludgen to go after others you stereotype.

Of course that's not the only audience watching these videos. The point is, youtube especially has created a large platform with very little quality control and they have a lot of kids, like the one posted in the video who take everything some commentators say as gospel. All of those people are pretty much on the record of saying and doing shitty things all for the sake of the almighty view, and while most don't take it to the despicable level of DoF, it's still a concerning fact. This guy's reaction to the backlash is even exactly the same kind of non-apology, shift the blame bullshit we've seen proliferating all over youtube lately and we have a lot of dumb kids being conditioned to line up to fight to the death for their favorite persona no matter the terrible things said persona has done. That's how people like these guys get 800,000 die-hard subscribers.

Whether you like it or not, talking heads like PDP, etc. have helped open the door to this kind of crap due to their disregard for the responsibility that comes attached to their fame and I expect it to get worse before it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom