• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League |OT| Tell Me...Do You Still Bleed?

ManaByte

ManaByte ManaByte in this thread, seeing only the things he ( she ? plz don't come at me because I assumed your gender) want.

season 1 friends GIF
You don’t know what you’re talking about and are now resorting to personal attacks on this forum.

They had to resubmit Sucker Punch SEVEN TIMES to avoid a NC-17 for sex, but they cut the scene entirely to get a PG-13. Emily Browning explained it:

I had a very tame and mild love scene with Jon Hamm. It was like heavy breathing and making out. It was hardly a sex scene... I think that it's great for this young girl to actually take control of her own sexuality. Well, the MPAA doesn't like that. They don't think a girl should ever be in control of her own sexuality because they're from the Stone Age. I don't know what the f**k is going on and I will openly criticize it, happily. So essentially, they got Zack to edit the scene and make it look less like she's into it. And Zack said he edited it down to the point where it looked like he was taking advantage of her. That's the only way he could get a PG-13 (rating) and he said, 'I don't want to send that message.' So they cut the scene!"

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You don’t know what you’re talking about and are now resorting to personal attacks on this forum.

They had to resubmit Sucker Punch SEVEN TIMES to avoid a NC-17 for sex, but they cut the scene entirely to get a PG-13. Emily Browning explained it:
Britney Spears Ugh GIF

I'm not talking about that (and personal attack ? Really ? And what your friend said isn't a personal attack ?)

Wow, so we've reached List Wars now huh?

What does Zack's dick taste like?
But I guess this one is ok for you ?

You just avoid my reply when I prove you are wrong (like with Jay Oliva, or your favorite film critics with more than 30 years of experience that misinterprets a term so basic that he lost all credibility)

NahaNago

I hope this movie is decent. I'm getting some papa john's pizza, popcorn, and coca cola to just marathon this movie. My hype level is high but my expectations are low. I don't like the dark direction of superman, batman is meh, and the new design of the enemy plus darkseid looks weird to me. I just need to slowly lower my hype for the movie for optimum enjoyment.

ManaByte

You just avoid my reply when I prove you are wrong (like with Jay Oliva, or your favorite film critics with more than 30 years of experience that misinterprets a term so basic that he lost all credibility)
Show us on the doll where Scott Mendelson hurt you.

I hope this movie is decent. I'm getting some papa john's pizza, popcorn, and coca cola to just marathon this movie. My hype level is high but my expectations are low. I don't like the dark direction of superman, batman is meh, and the new design of the enemy plus darkseid looks weird to me. I just need to slowly lower my hype for the movie for optimum enjoyment.

Do you like Batman telling the Joker he'll "fucking kill him"?

Last edited:

ManaByte

You still have nothing constructive to say ?
Again you are trolling, maybe because as soon someone stand up to you, you run out of arguments ?

Jay Olivia was one of the leaders of the SnyderCut movement. I'm not debating with a Snyder Cultist after all the fucking hell I went through with those people.

SvRPVs7.jpg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You really think Sucker Punch should’ve been released with a NC-17?

It should have been PG-13 as it was intended to be. Even in its full original cut its a really soft R and that hinges on theme as opposed to anything actually objectionable in it. The action scenes are stylized and bloodless and its a remarably chaste film considering its set in a "brothel".

The way the MPAA cuts changed the impression/meaning of events was the catastrophe though. The way it was characterized as some misogynistic exploitation trash was painfully unfair, and that really must have hurt *BOTH* Snyders because its so not what the movie is about.

ManaByte

It should have been PG-13 as it was intended to be. Even in its full original cut its a really soft R and that hinges on theme as opposed to anything actually objectionable in it. The action scenes are stylized and bloodless and its a remarably chaste film considering its set in a "brothel".

The way the MPAA cuts changed the impression/meaning of events was the catastrophe though. The way it was characterized as some misogynistic exploitation trash was painfully unfair, and that really must have hurt *BOTH* Snyders because its so not what the movie is about.

You don't think that the average movie-goer in 2011 might have interpreted a character who wears a school girl outfit having sex with John Hamm in a negative way?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Jay Olivia was one of the leaders of the SnyderCut movement. I'm not debating with a Snyder Cultist after all the fucking hell I went through with those people.
Mmmmmh, so all of the people who like Snyder are bad ? If you are not able to do the difference between a stupid person and a normal fan, I'm sorry for you. But:
BREAKING NEWS: TOXIC FANBASE EXIST IN.... ALL FANBASE !

And no, I'm not saying it's ok. Those people are stupid.
But Jay Oliva isn't like that, you just take this as an excuse to not respond to my message. Because you have nothing to say appart from bad trolling and hate propagation.

ManaByte

Mmmmmh, so all of the people who like Snyder are bad ? If you are not able to do the difference between a stupid person and a normal fan, I'm sorry for you. But:
BREAKING NEWS: TOXIC FANBASE EXIST IN.... ALL FANBASE !

And no, I'm not saying it's ok. Those people are stupid.
But Jay Oliva isn't like that, you just take this as an excuse to not respond to my message. Because you have nothing to say appart from bad trolling and hate propagation.

Hey did you know the Stalin wasn't so bad if you looked at what Hitler did?!?!?

Whataboutism is whataboutism

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You don't think that the average movie-goer in 2011 might have interpreted a character who wears a school girl outfit having sex with John Hamm in a negative way?

Its a movie that demands you actually pay attention to what's going on, and understand allegory and fantasy. Its way, way smarter than your average blockbuster in its original cut, and the theatrical version is butchered by cutting the intro sequence showing how BabyDoll accidentally caused her sister's death*.

Without that, its unclear as to why she'd accept the high roller's advances (in "reality" accept the lobotomy).

Mind you most people don't seem to get that Babydoll's whole arc is just a fantasy projection of Sweet Pea, that she's just another figment like the rest of the world.

Watch the DC, with what I just wrote in mind. Its really not that subtle!

*Its so sad that the misinterpretation that the stepfather killed her is enshrined to this day on the movie's wiki page. That is not how it plays out, its purely a product of MPAA interference by editing the gunshot.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Hey did you know the Nazi's weren't so bad if you looked at what Stalin was doing?!?

Whataboutism is whataboutism
Wow, so now you are talking about Nazi and Stalin ? W.T.F.
You compare the people who love the work of Zack Snyder to... those extremist ?

And thank you for editing your message, I saw what you posted first and I was about to smash you for this.

Anyway, show me ONE THING where Jay Oliva has been horrible to someone that didn't liked the work of Snyder, I'm waiting (but we both know you have nothing, so you'll probably try to move the conversation elsewhere).

ManaByte

Wow, so now you are talking about Nazi and Stalin ? W.T.F.
You compare the people who love the work of Zack Snyder to... those extremist ?

No I was trying to illustrate to you what Whataboutism is, which is what you are doing to excuse the Snyder fans for threatening to kill people online for not sucking Zaddy's dick.

ManaByte

Its a movie that demands you actually pay attention to what's going on, and understand allegory and fantasy. Its way, way smarter than your average blockbuster in its original cut, and the theatrical version is butchered by cutting the intro sequence showing how BabyDoll accidentally caused her sister's death*.

Without that, its unclear as to why she'd accept the high roller's advances (in "reality" accept the lobotomy).

Mind you most people don't seem to get that Babydoll's whole arc is just a fantasy projection of Sweet Pea, that she's just another figment like the rest of the world.

Watch the DC, with what I just wrote in mind. Its really not that subtle!

*Its so sad that the misinterpretation that the stepfather killed her is enshrined to this day on the movie's wiki page. That is not how it plays out, its purely a product of MPAA interference by editing the gunshot.

The 24 hour news cycle doesn't care about context when they have a clip from a movie where it appears that an underage girl is having sex with John Hamm.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No I was trying to illustrate to you what Whataboutism is, which is what you are doing to excuse the Snyder fans for threatening to kill people online for not sucking Zaddy's dick.
And I'm trying to show you that not everyone is like that, in France we said this:
"don't put everyone in the same basket"

But maybe I'm asking too much and you can't do the difference

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The 24 hour news cycle doesn't care about context when they have a clip from a movie where it appears that an underage girl is having sex with John Hamm.

I'd be very curious to see Snyder's actual director's cut because apparently even the extended version is a compromised, half-way house between the two.

Either way, I still feel like its a movie worth defending and talking about because even if its not entirely successful, its definitely an interesting piece of work.

ManaByte

I'd be very curious to see Snyder's actual director's cut because apparently even the extended version is a compromised, half-way house between the two.

Yea even the Unrated DVD doesn't have all of the NC-17 stuff the MPAA objected to. Maybe #ReleaseTheNC17Cut?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The funniest scenario that could happen imo, is the film is legit great.
I hope it's more of BvS style, so I'm prepared to see the critics slash this movie but who know ? BvS Ultimate Edition has been received a lot better than the theatrical cut so... maybe ZSJL has a chance to shine in the critics eyes ?

Madflavor

If it ends up being great and turns a great profit for WB, I wonder if pressure is gonna be on to let him make his JL trilogy.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If it ends up being great and turns a great profit for WB, I wonder if pressure is gonna be on to let him make his JL trilogy.
I'm with you, we can hope.

GIVE ME MORE OF THIS. MOOOOOOOOOOORE haha.
Also, from Sean Chandler: Tomatometer-approved critic
"A highly entertaining and emotional superhero epic. This version is better than the theatrical cut in every single way.
March 15, 2021 | Rating: A"

This is smelling good for the general reception !

VulcanRaven

I hope WB doesn't REALLY believe people are going to subscribe to HBOMAX to see this thing... I mean really?

They do know torrents are a common thing, right?
I'm sure people will. This month will be big for HBO Max because Godzilla vs. Kong is coming too.

Last edited:

Ionian

Not obligatory at all, like who is this bumbling retard and why should he be listened to?

Only a massive BBC flim critic whose name also appears in the title of the video. Spooky shit!

EDIT: C'mon batsy, you didn't even have to do detective work for this one.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
"Zack Snyder’s Justice League is the superhero movie event of the decade; epic and exciting, it lives up to the hype, and features a standout performance from Ray Fisher as Cyborg along with must-see teases for a sequel we can only hope becomes a reality. 5/5"

"Zack Snyder's Justice League is DC's version of The Lord of the Rings. Epic, grand, and full of heart, Justice League is simply every fan's dream movie come to life. 5/5"

"If you are a DC Comics fan, you are going to love Zack Snyder's Justice League. 5/5"

"A truly epic comic book movie, which features a tremendous amount for fans to chew over, Zack Snyder's Justice League is the film which should have hit screens back in 2017. 4/5"

"Yes, it is better than the 2017 version, but just slightly, because it is also a 4-hour-long Zack Snyder DC superhero movie, with everything that entails. [Full Review in Spanish] 3/5"

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

The reviews are starting to come:

ManaByte

It's not a WB movie. It's a HBO Max Original. HBO paid the $70M to finish it and they get the subs from it.

WB is busy starting the post-production on The Batman (which finished filming the other day), starting the promotion of The Suicide Squad (trailer very very soon), and then beginning to film the DCEU reboot The Flash next month.

ManaByte

The reviews are starting to come:

No top critics yet, just fansites including Comic Book Debate, which is one of the founders of the SnyderCut movement.

yG2nQZd.png

VulcanRaven

The Batman is coming next year and they are rebooting Superman so I think WB has already moved on. Also there has been talk about Joker 2. Maybe there will be some Justice League spin-offs on HBO Max but I doubt there will be more.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So, if you liked previous entry of Snyder, you'll like this movie.
If you didn't liked Zack Snyder style, you probably won't like ZSJL but still worth a try, to counter balance ManaByte ManaByte , here more:

unknown.png
unknown.png

Pretty much what I was expecting, in fact it's even better as BvS is only at 28% so this one is much better received.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It takes an extraordinarily diverse skill set to direct a great comic-book movie. You’ve got to be a visual-effects wizard; a maestro of story and pace; a popcorn humanist who can find the relatable dimension of a bunch of freaks in capes and breastplates and spandex; and enough of an artist to tie the whole thing together into an indelible Big Vision. It’s no wonder that in the years since Hollywood got eaten alive by comic-book culture, the superhero movies that have achieved a genuine sweeping transcendence can just about be counted on one hand: “The Dark Knight,” “Spider-Man 2,” “Black Panther,” a few others.

To that hallowed list I would now add “Zack Snyder’s Justice League,” the thrillingly restored four-hour-long director’s-cut version of the 2017 DC Comics extravaganza
. The new movie — and make no mistake, it really is a new movie — is , a team-of-heroes origin story that, at heart, is classically conventional, yet it’s now told with such an intoxicating childlike sincerity and ominous fairy-tale wonder that it takes you back to what comic books, at their best, have always sought to do: make you feel like you’re seeing gods at play on Earth.

ManaByte

I didn't know Gamespot did movie reviews but here is their review:

3/10

Oh man and they even included a link to their Twitter account. I hope they lock it private after that.

For better or worse, the superhero niche of pop culture is full of bizarre cultural artifacts, from the comics themselves to the TV and movies they inspire. Zack Snyder's Justice League--more colloquially known as "The Snyder Cut"--is just another in a long line of puzzling cape-and-cowl franchise moments. The four hour long re-cut of the 2018 box office bomb, complete with extra scenes and re-shoots will land on HBO Max on March 18 and--well, if you've ever been brave enough to ask the question "is it possible for a superhero movie to feel like watching paint dry?" This one's for you.

It will be easier to recount the parts of Justice League that actually do see some benefit from the re-cut treatment first. Villain Steppenwolf has been given a design overhaul that looks much better than its theatrical counterpart and an entirely new subplot dealing with his motivations has been added for extra context and it does work, for the most part. DC Comics big bads like Darkseid and DeSaad have been added as well, granting the bizarre MacGuffin fetch quest and resulting CGI punch out some gravity. This, however, makes up about twenty total minutes of the extra-long runtime and most, if not all, of the extra villain scenes are done with a distracting mishmash of old and new VFX that give them a dated video game cut-scene feel.

Snyder's bizarre choice to render the movie in a 4:3 pillarboxed aspect ratio gives it the feel of a sloppily cut together amateur fan video--the sort of thing you might have encountered in a Quicktime player back in the early '00s on someone's Final Fantasy villain fan shrine. This effect is exacerbated by the relentless use of slow-mo musical stingers. The first hour has no fewer than three scenes where what would have been a ten-second blip is smeared out into a minute or more, complete with its own mournful, dirge-like soundtrack. The back half trades in music for voice overs, exclusively from the perspectives of fathers and sons, but the function is the same--racking up runtime in the most unenjoyable way possible.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That's why you specifically tagged and targeted me after the mod said to stop instigating.
I didn't mean anything bad, I'm just here to counter balance like I said.
In the end we are all winner if the movie is good, because that's the point, having a nice entertainment.

live long and prosper star trek GIF

Edit:

2017 ended at 40%. So not a high bar to clear:
Gw2LIaD.png

Idk what your think but 40% for JL 2017 is still way too high imo ^^ and seeing BvS at 28% really break my heart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom