• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.R.K

~Devil Trigger~ said:
large.jpg

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=Killzone+2+Holiday+Wallpaper+-+Part+2

Very nice!! :)

I used this for my PS3ThemeCreator 2.0 release

holidaycard2_small.JPG

SamBishop

Banned
I doubt it's just me, but final review builds have gone out to at least some of the games press. We can't talk about it until February. This pains me, as the game is balls-out awesome.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
SamBishop said:
I doubt it's just me, but final review builds have gone out to at least some of the games press. We can't talk about it until February. This pains me, as the game is balls-out awesome.
WHAT!?

Enojado

SamBishop said:

Wow, already? Figured they'd wait till mid to late January to send them out. Anything you care to tease us with???

BeeDog

SamBishop said:

Already? Guess that's why the intro has been leaked this early. I do hope they keep polishing the game, since the cutscenes still seem rough around the edges.

I dunno about that. Wasn't there just a quote saying that GG needed the extra time to squash bugs? The features are locked down, they're just ironing out SP and MP glitches and then will go gold if I recall correctly...

I suppose a non-gold version could have been sent out though.

SamBishop

Banned
Enojado said:
Wow, already? Figured they'd wait till mid to late January to send them out. Anything you care to tease us with???

Does "holy shit" work?

It's possible there's still more polish and cleanup to do, but this is what they feel is far enough along to let us pass judgment on it. I too was under the impression that it wasn't nearly far along enough to start review builds, but that's precisely what's spinning away in my PS3 right now. Apologies to the dude I shot down when he said the game could have shipped this year. Clearly somebody agrees with him.

SamBishop said:
Does "holy shit" work?

It's possible there's still more polish and cleanup to do, but this is what they feel is far enough along to let us pass judgment on it. I too was under the impression that it wasn't nearly far along enough to start review builds, but that's precisely what's spinning away in my PS3 right now. Apologies to the dude I shot down when he said the game could have shipped this year. Clearly somebody agrees with him.

Wow man thats epic. Where do you work?
Ah totalplaystation.com very nice.

Intro looks great but I'd like a little more transition between the clouds, and the start of the first mission. It'd be pretty slick to see that really large battlefield come into view. But Sony's list of things they didn't want talked about in the preview build did say the intro wasn't complete. But I don't see "Preview Build" stamped onto that footage, so who knows what build that is.

A.R.K

SamBishop said:
Does "holy shit" work?

DAMN!!!!! :D
Have you played all the way through?
How much more polish %wise than the last preview build?
Did you have a lot of 'OMG' moments? :D

tease us more!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SamBishop said:
Does "holy shit" work?

(neutral) SamBishop
killing people's dreams
(Today, 05:28 PM)
Reply | Quote

Cruzader

Banned
could someone please download the youtube HD mp4 video and share it with us? I cant get that damn stupid unlockforus code to work with FF. My PC slows down when streaming HD vids but can watch them fine when I have the actual file.

SamBishop

Banned
abdulrahim said:
DAMN!!!!! :D
Have you played all the way through?
How much more polish %wise than the last preview build?
Did you have a lot of 'OMG' moments? :D

tease us more!!

I'm still very, very early into things (it only arrived an hour or so ago), but all the other stuff you're asking is most definitely covered by the embargo, so I'll steer clear. But yes, there have been quite a few wow moments both big and small so far.

Kagari said:
(neutral) SamBishop
killing people's dreams
Reply | Quote

:D Earned that title after talking about the GDC showing of the KZ2 tech, fittingly enough. What a difference almost two years makes, eh?

ChryZ

SamBishop said:
Hm, 3h road trip to Amsterdam. Where is my crowbar?

roMonster

SamBishop said:

This should go on the back of the box.

Enojado

SamBishop said:
Does "holy shit" work?

:lol :lol :lol Yeah, "holy shit" will work just fine as a teaser. :D

DeZimatoR

Banned
SamBishop said:

85ld2rn.gif

I need to know more. Please, I can't wait till February! =/

P.S. Come on man, its Christmas, throw us a bone! :lol

WindBelow

Neo Member
DeZimatoR said:
85ld2rn.gif

lol can you please link me to the full video of that gif you just posted, thanks

SamBishop

Banned
DeZimatoR said:

I discovered the knife. I am the Angel of Death. The Destroyer of Worlds. Stabby stabby.

DeZimatoR said:
85ld2rn.gif

Don't listen to this man. Just be happy we're all pretty envious of you right about now. :D

KZObsessed

Thanx for the pic, looks badass except Garza looks like a woman with a beard haha.

And goddamn you Sam Bishop..

I guess you're gonna tell me that "Lets go!" is still Rico's line and it ain't gonna change...

Time to die indeed... *puts sniper in mouth*

*muffled* Fair well guys...

I was always under the impression that you are with the other four soldiers fighting, but from the intro i see that your actually one of the four(the controversial mowhawk dude)?

DoomGyver

FFObsessed said:
Thanx for the pic, looks badass except Garza looks like a woman with a beard haha.

And goddamn you Sam Bishop..

I guess you're gonna tell me that "Lets go!" is still Rico's line and it ain't gonna change...

Time to die indeed... *puts sniper in mouth*

*muffled* Fair well guys...

Boohoo, just in spite, I hope GG takes out "lets go" and makes Rico just stare at you for that second and a half with the dumbest look on his face.

KZObsessed

TrAcEr_x90 said:
I was always under the impression that you are with the other four soldiers fighting, but from the intro i see that your actually one of the four(the controversial mowhawk dude)?

Yep, you play as the former mohawk guy, "Sev". It is a bit confusing when it goes into third person with the shakey cam, makes it look like you're the cameraman rather than just watching a scene. I'm not a huge fan of the cutscenes so far. Plus I think, as awesome as it looks now, the ride down in the intruder would be much more impressive if it remained in first person and you could look around.

Full Recovery said:
Boohoo, just in spite, I hope GG takes out "lets go" and makes Rico just stare at you for that second and a half with the dumbest look on his face.

10glcn8.jpg

Nizz

Kagari said:
(neutral) SamBishop
killing people's dreams
Reply | Quote
:lol <3 Kagari! The "holy shit" impressions from Sam Bishop is all I need to know. I can't wait till February. If only I was working right now. I'd be trying to get a 40" Sony LCD right now in preparation for the game. My 30" will have to do right now. ;)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
KZ2 drought started a week ago. Don't watch the intro and spoil yourself guys and gals.
Watching/playing through all of it for the very first time is the real deal.
*Kaako out*

p.s. damn you Sam...not making it easy on us.

SamBishop said:
Does "holy shit" work?

Can't wait
I told you so

SSM25

Clinton514 said:
:lol I'm not watching that piece of the intro. I skimmed through the first few seconds of it. I'll wait til Feb.

I'm weak, I watched........:(_ _ _

Templar looks waaaay different.

Raist said:
Which was a Silent Hill 2 rip off.

Anywaya. Review copies out ? That early ? wtf ?

I know, can't we have it in January? PLEASE? :lol

At least the reviews will be thorough, also they will have enough time to ponder synonyms for Awesome.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Raist said:
Which was a Silent Hill 2 rip off.

Anywaya. Review copies out ? That early ? wtf ?
Is it really THAT early? Don't magazines need review copies about 2 months in advance in order to be timely?

Raist

Banned
sykoex said:
Is it really THAT early? Don't magazines need review copies about 2 months in advance in order to be timely?

Dunno. Don't think so. I thought review copies were sent by the time the game went gold. Around 1 month before release.

ChryZ

Killzone 2 Holiday Wallpaper - Part 3

24-Dec-2008 - by Victor Zuylen
Category: News

One more day until Christmas! But before we take a break from putting the finishing touches on the game (so close!), here's another set of holiday-themed wallpapers for your enjoyment.

The first wallpaper features Sev delivering presents to the ISA troops stationed on Helghan, using a jury-rigged Intruder craft:

wallpaper03_nn_lg.jpg

wallpaper04_nn_lg.jpg

Big versions here:
http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=Killzone+2+Holiday+Wallpaper+-+Part+3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom