• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFonda

PnCIa said:
Wow, that mirror scene is a straight Prey rip-off.
Yeah, they should have made it more like this

2hwjlmd.gif

BeeDog

The intro looks amazing, but hopefully you can chat with the others, or stand next to them and hear dialogue/discussions.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Can anyone explain to me what's so unique about this game? Didn't the original (and 'Nam 67) receive mediocre ratings? What's with the hype?

Honest question. I've always seen Killzone from afar, and wondered what the appeal is.

Adamant

Banned
Cataferal said:
Can anyone explain to me what's so unique about this game? Didn't the original (and 'Nam 67) receive mediocre ratings? What's with the hype?

Honest question. I've always seen Killzone from afar, and wondered what the appeal is.

Probably been covered lots of times in this thread and others but it seems to me they've done a much better job with this one than the original.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Cataferal said:

Killzone 2 is to Killzone what a monstertruck is to a kiddy-tricyclebike.

I tried way hard not to watch the video, but meh. Its insane, but it doesnt ruin anything. Its just Sev in front of a mirror, a bit of a jog, then a bumpy flight and bang the Corinth River scene we've all watched 560 times. But far out I cant wait for a demo or some HD trailers on PSN to watch on the HDTV.

k79

Banned
Good to see this topic alive again :D

Hotdamn that intro looks great. I know when i play it i'm gonna take my time to look around (fok the waypoints).

The new story was awesome as well, really enjoy reading those.

Wallpaper, awesome! Wollan's Resistance pic :lol :lol :lol

2 months to go!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've been on a bit of an unintentional media blackout for this one (outside of stuff like the occasional screenshot or animated GIF that seeps into other topics). I can't wait to, hopefully, be totally amazed come next year.

watched the intro, really cool stuff, but is it just me, but I find the switch between 1st person view to 3rd person view cutscene a little bit jarring. mostly because even in the 3rd person view, the camera still move as if it's attached to someone's head. it's really apparent in the dropship cutscenes. there's some quick cuts between fpv and tpv, camera sway in tpv as if there's a fifth man on the dropship, but they're from outside the sihp. kinda weird.

again, nothing big, just a little nit pick.

DeZimatoR

Banned
Callibretto said:
watched the intro, really cool stuff, but is it just me, but I find the switch between 1st person view to 3rd person view cutscene a little bit jarring. mostly because even in the 3rd person view, the camera still move as if it's attached to someone's head. it's really apparent in the dropship cutscenes. there's some quick cuts between fpv and tpv, camera sway in tpv as if there's a fifth man on the dropship, but they're from outside the sihp. kinda weird.

again, nothing big, just a little nit pick.

I noticed that too...I think they try to make it look like there's a cameraman next to the main characters, at least in some of the scenes. I like it, makes it look like of those documentaries where a journalist and a cameraman are right in the middle of the action :D

NameIess

It took a 2nd attempt and new hardware, but it looks like GG managed to create their Halo killer... *I know it's not a fair comparison.*

°°ToMmY°° said:
i don't want to spoil myself. will watch that vid when the game will be in my hands.

Yeah ... I haven't watched it myself. I've only watched about 3 of the gamersyde vids too. Once I saw the desert scene ... I said it's enough and have managed to hold tough.

they should have made the drop ship scene first person and controllable ala the halo jump in Crysis...this would be even more insane than that scene

I tried all I could but i had to watch that intro. Dammit, wish i could have saved it for febuary but oh well. Looks amazing.

Only thing im confused about is who you are playing? I thought you were part of the group of soldiers, but now seeing the intro I guess you ARE playing the guy who used to have the mowhawk?

Guled

I just hope that thats not the real intro. The propaganda speech the Helgast leader gave in the intro of KZ1 was awesome and I hope they do something like that again

nib95

Banned
Guled said:
I just hope that thats not the real intro. The propaganda speech the Helgast leader gave in the intro of KZ1 was awesome and I hope they do something like that again

I think it's the gameplay intro. I'm sure the actual game has some sort of opening cut-scene.

Dante

Yeah the producer on the Podcast said the cinematic intro summarizes the story nicely. That is the intro to that level.

KZObsessed

iceatcs said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/iceatcs/Killzone2XmasCard.jpg
Merry Xmas everyone! :p

AHAHAHAAAAA! :lol :lol

TIME TO DIIIIIIE RIIIICO!

PS3 wallpaper from now till launch :p

Rikyfree said:
Merry Christmas from Gametrailers: opening cinema and gameplay, enjoy, fellas. I highly recommend the HD version. Also, say hello to Templar in it.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3kc0j0FncCA&eurl=http://forum.newsgroup247.com/forum/ags/topic/1005

WHAT HAS I SEEN? GOD... IS THAT YOU?? 0_0

Looking at the character models make me really believe that this game is going to be the birth of a huge franchise. The different sides just have so much personality. Can't wait for single player and multi-player of this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom