• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPirate

Banned
Fizzle said:
killzone2e3

I also feel like we should talk about this picture. This Stat's page looks nice.

That makes me miss the beta soooo sooo soooo much.

Getting those ribbons :'(

First thing I'm going for is the 10 pistol kills to get that magnum.

Edit: I mean 10 pistol ribbons.

Fizzle

DrPirate said:
That makes me miss the beta soooo sooo soooo much.

Getting those ribbons :'(

First thing I'm going for is the 10 pistol kills to get that magnum.

Edit: I mean 10 pistol ribbons.

Are the avatars from a selection or can you upload your own?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fizzle said:
img10.jpg

I also feel like we should talk about this picture. This Stat's page looks nice.
Awesome, I like the pretty images displaying stats, but I hope they have a simple non flash-tarded site.

DeZimatoR

Banned
Hazaro said:
Awesome, I like the pretty images displaying stats, but I hope they have a simple non flash-tarded site.

This.

I hate the Killzone site with a passion as it is now. Its really slow, and as you said, Flash isn't needed. I hope they overhaul it in time for the game's launch.

That stats page looks awesome though. <3

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Gibb said:
You can't even view the killzone pages correctly on your PS3.. hope they'll fix that too.

It's pretty retarded indeed that you can't view the stats-pages of a PS3-game on a PS3... someone must've been asleep or on drugs or something.

kenta

Has no PEINS
That stats page is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow, as is the entire site

Like really really really slow

Considering how well the launches of Warhawk, LBP, Home, WKC and SOCOM have gone, I'm not hopeful at all that it will change before launch

Kittonwy

Banned
kenta said:
That stats page is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow, as is the entire site

Like really really really slow

Considering how well the launches of Warhawk, LBP, Home, WKC and SOCOM have gone, I'm not hopeful at all that it will change before launch

Warhawk was basically broken at the beta stage, same with SOCOM, LBP was playable, on the other hand the Killzone 2 MP beta ran pretty well most of the time, there will be hiccups but the 32 player netcode is already pretty solid.

lupinko

As much as I enjoyed being a part of Warhawk's beta, it was indeed terrible, game kept freezing and locking PS3s, stat tracking was broken, ugh.

Great to hear that KZ2's MP beta was solid.

Az

I have Killzone 2 preordered with Gamestop and still have not received my demo code. I really hope that I won't get screwed on this. I have February 16th and 17th off due to holidays so I can enjoy the demo.

hitoshi

FINALLY

kz2gafwm8.jpg

Killzone's intro was my all time favourite, I think I've seen it at least a 100 times. But this...oh my god, they topped. Everything. I'm only at 3 hours into the game but...it a new kind of FPS. Sure, scripted as hell like COD4, but the atmosphere, the weapons, and of course, the graphics... can't find words.

It could have been a mediocre at the best with all this hype and expectations after the infamous video, but it's really an AAA game. I'm not sure yet that it's classic or anywhere near that, but Sony must have really pulled all the strings to make it happen.

{Mike}

Banned
hitoshi said:
FINALLY

kz2gafwm8.jpg

Killzone's intro was my all time favourite, I think I've seen it at least a 100 times. But this...oh my god, they topped. Everything. I'm only at 3 hours into the game but...it a new kind of FPS. Sure, scripted as hell like COD4, but the atmosphere, the weapons, and of course, the graphics... can't find words.

It could have been a mediocre at the best with all this hype and expectations after the infamous video, but it's really an AAA game. I'm not sure yet that it's classic or anywhere near that, but Sony must have really pulled all the strings to make it happen.

Do you have a debug PS3?

andycapps

hitoshi said:
FINALLY

kz2gafwm8.jpg

For a second here I thought they sent you a build from May of 2008, then I remembered you're in Europe! :lol Wow, ok, yeah I hate you. :D

BlacKMaRK

Banned
AzRim904 said:
I have Killzone 2 preordered with Gamestop and still have not received my demo code. I really hope that I won't get screwed on this. I have February 16th and 17th off due to holidays so I can enjoy the demo.

didn't the website say codes will not be e-mailed out until 2/3/09?

Posted pictures in NeoGAF buy thread. Although its not really a purchase :lol

Game works on debug and normal console.

I like it but I already played the preview some time so I already knew that.

Its just a very very solid shooter, love it lots more than Resistance 2.

Dante

hitoshi said:
FINALLY

kz2gafwm8.jpg

I keep hearing the intro is like one of the most amazing intros ever.....

EazyB

Banned
I'm a stats whore so seeing that stats page has me all hot and bothered. How does it compare to something like Bungie.net? I'm not expecting it to have all the features Bungie has added over the years but there's a ton of neat stuff there that I wish more developers emulated.

Sin

hitoshi said:

You've seen nothing yet. :)

Enojado

KernelPanic said:
Say it ain't so :-(

That's not necessarily a bad thing. We've already seen some awesome scripted moments - blowing up the bridge after you land and blowing apart that building with the Helghan inside it.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Full Recovery said:
Yes, and the codes are not valid until 2/5/09.

Heh, aw. I was unrealistically hoping I'd get to play it sooner than later. Just a little more though and it's all mine :D

Enojado said:
That's not necessarily a bad thing. We've already seen some awesome scripted moments - blowing up the bridge after you land and blowing apart that building with the Helghan inside it.

Of course.

I was referring more to endless respawning enemies and other such cheap tactics.

I was under the impression that the AI is dynamic enough so that you'll never play a level the same way twice.

Enojado

KernelPanic said:
Of course.

I was referring more to endless respawning enemies and other such cheap tactics.

I was under the impression that the AI is dynamic enough so that you'll never play a level the same way twice.

COD's endless respawning is one of the biggest reasons why I am not a huge fan of that series. It would be a shame if KZ2 had it, but none of the videos suggests that's the case and none of the previews mentions it. So, I'm pretty hopeful that doesn't exist in KZ2.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Enojado said:
COD's endless respawning is one of the biggest reasons why I am not a huge fan of that series. It would be a shame if KZ2 had it, but none of the videos suggests that's the case and none of the previews mentions it. So, I'm pretty hopeful that doesn't exist in KZ2.
Magical spawn closets! How dare you not like them!!?!?! :lol

Elbrain said:
Magical spawn closets! How dare you not like them!!?!?! :lol
To be fair, a hidden spawn point constantly spewing out identical, faceless enemies until some unknown line is crossed is a very healthy and realistic way of looking at the War on Terror.

is this some FUD attempt? I thought someone already said months ago that other than one instance the first level, there's no infinite respawn in the game. (well, I guess they were talking about preview build, so like 6 levels into the game, one infinite respawn point, not too bad imo)

Kittonwy

Banned
hitoshi said:
FINALLY

kz2gafwm8.jpg

Ze preciouz, we wantz it.
gladtomeetya.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom