• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but can we just talk about how wild the reveal of this thing is gonna be?

I just ate a pint of ice cream surfing this thread, help!

Think of it this way... what's more likely:

A) Multiple people created fake, identical devices with no discernable flaws or inconsistencies

Or

B) It's real

I mean, the answer is obvious.

Javier

Oh man this thread

yma8yWv.gif

nkarafo

Wait,I looked at one of the patient links that was posted here. This is actually pretty cool how it works. Tthe buttons are raised from within in a screen, so they still act like traditionally buttons, but just deformable inside the screen. That is awesome!

US08723832-20140513-D00002.png
But why? How is that better than normal buttons? How isn't this a gimmick?

Also why the hell do we need buttons INSIDE the screen? People complain all the time about obstructive UI elements that cover the game screen and now we need buttons on top of that? Let alone out own fingers!

Why? Why not a clean screen? Dual screen (one for the game, one for UI elements and touch) was the best thing Nintendo did, why ruin that shit?

sammex

Wait,I looked at one of the patient links that was posted here. This is actually pretty cool how it works. Tthe buttons are raised from within in a screen, so they still act like traditionally buttons, but just deformable inside the screen. That is awesome!

US08723832-20140513-D00002.png

I called it

3024742-poster-p-1-thiskeyboardiphone.gif

Sorry to be so cynical, but you seem to have the belief that Nintendo "gets it." That they wouldn't create a device with major drawbacks and fundamental flaws. That Nintendo wouldn't replace something that has been viable for something risky.

I don't. I don't think Nintendo understands the home console market. I don't think Nintendo has a good grasp of hardware technology. I don't think Nintendo understands their target audience or how to grow their existing audience.

Now, I want to be clear that I think Nintendo is vital to the game industry and I used to love them. That's why, to be blunt, I'm fairly harsh when it comes to them. Because Nintendo has a very loyal fanbase that they seem to cater to and focus on despite the fact that their fanbase, as passionate as they are, aren't enough to sustain the company.

So I don't think having blind faith in Nintendo is smart. Instead of assuming Nintendo tested it and it's great, think for yourself about using digital buttons and physical buttons.

I have faith in Nintendo because I feel they've delivered in terms of controls, and it's one of the things they've always been incredibly conscious of in their hardware design.

But regardless, this is likely fake anyways with the treehouse retweet

Can we dead that Wii Cross image. It's bullshit. No way would Nintendo be stupid enough to stick with the Wii name for a 3rd generation running. They're not that stupid.

Are they?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't understand why a Treehouse employee retweeting it would mean it's fake, honestly. I don't see such a clear connection.

Nintendo needs to go back to the console archetype that nearly killed them in the first place. Ok.
No. NES and (slightly lesser degree) SNES are proof of the opposite of your implication. N64, Gamecube....they were victims of loss of a diverse library of games combined with being LTTP and facing entrenched champions by the time they arrived.

And other factors too, many of which stem back to Nintendo's treatment of 3rd parties during their heyday. It actually had very little to do w/ N64 and GC being powerful consoles for their time (if anything those were one of the biggest advantages of those systems).

Ivan 3414

Says who? The funny narrative we on neogaf place on the concept of "Nintendo Ninjas"? What evidence do we have of employees being afraid of Nintendo lol...

It's not about being afraid of Nintendo; it's about being afraid of losing their their jobs.

Last time a Nintendo employee revealed or confirmed sensitive information about the company, they were fired post haste. And the information wasn't near as big as a console leak.

AGoodODST

How much would a controller like that likely actually cost compared to say the Wii U Gamepad?

The last thing Nintendo should be looking at is another expensive controller that keeps their console price high. Assuming it is real of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom