• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

xtQqaLM.jpg

Hasney

World of Sport ratingzzzzzzzz

The World of Sport rating for the wrestling show yesterday was 1.25 million viewers and a 7.3 market share. The number isn't high enough to guarantee the show gets turned into a series, nor low enough to guarantee that it doesn't. It's a lot lower than ITV did in the time slot the week before, but they were down all night, probably due to it being New Year's Eve.

Aiii

So not worth it
That live crowds love JBL.

Honesty, when JBL comes out, the whole place cheers for him. No joke.

That's the default mark response to anyone that WWE refers to as "legends" or "hall of famers."

Doesn't really matter which old fuck you send out there, if WWE has elevated them to that status (and I'm not saying they're wrong to do so, per se), they'll get a pop.

That live crowds love JBL.

Honesty, when JBL comes out, the whole place cheers for him. No joke.

EDIT: I don't know what good ole Meltzer said.
Yeah. I've asked my friend multiple times why they cheer him and he says "he's a legend!"

.......yeah but he's also the fucking worst

I'm also surprised we didn't get Kevin Owens coming out in disguise as Seth Rollins to try and get Roman disqualified.

9sxHPBx.jpg

RE: Sanshiro Takagi, Keiji Muto & Isami Kodaka vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, Jun Akiyama & Kota Ibushi signed for DDT Judgement!!!!!!

I wonder what kind of insanity Ibushi has roped Mutoh and Akiyama into here.

orioto

Good Art™
Did they nerf everyone who's been around Roman for the past year so he looks like a bigger star?

- Rollins is back on the midcard and they took away his mic time
- Owens was doing moonsaults and sentons in big matches and now he has to do 20 headlocks so he looks like the heel
- Rusev is still feuding with Enzo for whatever reason and they put Jinder with him because reasons

WWE's busniess strategy is like this.
You're the owner of a pub. You have a really good drink that people love. But You're not making enough money with it cause it's cheap. So you have that bad drink that is really expensive, that you want people to drink. But it's not that popular.

So what WWE does ?
They put salt and pepper in the good drink so people stop asking for it and ask the the other one.

The result ?
People just go to an other pub.

Sephzilla

Did they nerf everyone who's been around Roman for the past year so he looks like a bigger star?

- Rollins is back on the midcard and they took away his mic time
- Owens was doing moonsaults and sentons in big matches and now he has to do 20 headlocks so he looks like the heel
- Rusev is still feuding with Enzo for whatever reason and they put Jinder with him because reasons

Roman has inherited the Cena curse.

Anth0ny

I'd love to see Austin host that show instead of Rosenberg and take a gigantic shit on JBL and Heyman dickriding the billion dollar empire and shitting on all of the fans sticking around for a fourth hour on a monday night while paying $10 a month

Browny

Banned
is that the purpose of the bulletproof vest?! can't taze through that!

SLOW BURN
Weebay.gif

THEY'VE THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING.

This will be even better than the Aces and Eights reveal
which was better than 99% of WWE storylines at the time and probably still is.

Now expecting Tazjacket.gif

Sephzilla

It's the game of the year

Game of the year. It is fantastic and worth every penny.

It's easily my game of the year

I didn't think it would work, but it does. GB heavily pushes it not taking itself seriously and while it's oversold there, it's 100% true and helps to make it super fun

GOTY last year, breathed much-needed new life into the series. Worth whatever you pay (I got the full PC experience for $15 during an official sale and honestly it's worth $60)

"The Complete First Season" is coming out at the end of the month and I'm thinking about snagging it

Kaladin

So Raw last night:

The Chris and Kevin Show continue to steal the show, but we get a side of Strowman and Zayn and the rest of the roster continues to feel like it's on autopilot.

I don't think I would be tuning into Raw without Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. Even when they're just working to get to their catchphrases it's entertaining. I do love that Jericho is switching up the "Drink it in man" line each week. It keeps it fresh.

Strowman continues to be a breath of fresh air. I've been on the Strowman hype train since the jobber world tour, but this match made him look like a million dollars. Zayn was the right guy to pair him with for this because Zayn can sell and keep coming back for more with the best of them. Then you throw him in the mix with Roman and Goldberg at the end, and he's looking like he could main event sometime in this year. I wish Strowman had a chance at the Rumble, but I can see Zayn eliminating him setting up a stipulation match at Mania. Give that man the Money In The Bank briefcase though and watch the champs tremble in fear around him.

The rest of the show......kind of feels like autopilot. Baylay is doing the Raw re-hash of her NXT angle, The New Day are doing their thing just without the belts, the cruiserweights are all inferior compared to Neville. RuRu and Enzo are involved in a somewhat entertaining but going nowhere fast feud. Charlotte is a mixture of bland and terrible.

Just give 2 of the 3 hours to the Universal champs and let the CW division have the rest in a weekly Strowman gauntlet series.

Strowman continues to be a breath of fresh air. I've been on the Strowman hype train since the jobber world tour, but this match made him look like a million dollars. Zayn was the right guy to pair him with for this because Zayn can sell and keep coming back for more with the best of them. Then you throw him in the mix with Roman and Goldberg at the end, and he's looking like he could main event sometime in this year. I wish Strowman had a chance at the Rumble, but I can see Zayn eliminating him setting up a stipulation match at Mania. Give that man the Money In The Bank briefcase though and watch the champs tremble in fear around him.
Have him walk out during championship matches and people think he's cashing in, but he just comes out to squash the guys in the ring and leave

Kaladin

Have him walk out during championship matches and people think he's cashing in, but he just comes out to squash the guys in the ring and leave

I feel like they have a chance with Strowman to do what they should have done with Lesnar....and Strowman will be there each week.

They just have to make us forget about his run with the Wyatt Family.

Sephzilla

Ok, I actually kind of like this idea. Have Strowman do this so much that he actually causes the champion beg to cash in the briefcase just so the beat downs stop.

Top Bottom