• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I am glad Joe wasn't in that. Pollock was right, you want him to look like an unbeatabme monster when he debuts.

Imagine how he would have looked and been booked in that pile of shit.

Ithil

It seems like nearly everyone was in the Rumble for ages, but it didn't mean anything, eventually they just got tossed out like anyone else.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That is the stupidest fucking thing I've read in here ever. And you inept twats have dropped some right bombshells over the years.

How about you go away then? Because all you ever do is come in here and criticize the community on your little fucking high horse while enver contributing ANYTHING positively or negatively.

That is the stupidest fucking thing I've read in here ever. And you inept twats have dropped some right bombshells over the years.

Recall, I get it. I get your frustration. I do. Come hang out with us tomorrow after emotions over a tv show have dwindled. You're right though. You're right. Mob mentality is a thing.

Also what is the point of giving Cena a 2 week title reign. Him being the big man on campus is a compelling story. They should have had someone like Sami win and go after cena.

But no let's give Orton push #1001

Fox318

I like Orton :/

I don't have an issue with Orton but he's had his main events and he has had 20 world title matches with Cena including 1 as the main event of wrestlemania.

Orton vs Seth was good because it was a new matchup and he took risks because Vince didn't have a dumb script attached to the match.

Also what is the point of giving Cena a 2 week title reign. Him being the big man on campus is a compelling story. They should have had someone like Sami win and go after cena.

But no let's give Orton push #1001

I really wish there were more stakes to Cena's 16. I felt like a big story was brewing before Rollins got injured. Man how inreally wish those plans had planned out.

Okada admitting to watching the product that barely knows he exists makes him look like a chump though

People being marks for themselves is one of many reasons the industry won't have another peak for a while

Remember when talent let Dixie Carter boss them around for a decade and then not pay them for years more just because they got to watch replays of themselves on a station that told ECW to fuck off

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Law: "looks like Roman ruined another Rumble"

lol

I felt like they teased a mean streak in Roman tonight. He could have made the pin after the chairs bit but then added the power bomb to the table. That's not a face move.

Cena I thought had something going early on in the match with his moments of disdain and anger cropping up. That was quickly dropped and soon forgotten.

It felt like they wanted to blow their 'bunch of eliminations at once' load too often and just wound up with clutter in the ring constantly. There was no ironman story because nothing dangerous was happening. Jericho sat out of camera view for most of the match as the 'ironman' so who gives a fuck. There was zero story in the ring except when Brock and Goldberg came in and the Harper thing.

I think the theme of the night was a lack of any story telling in any of the matches what so ever. The women's match wasn't built up in any way, the gimmick in the Universal title match was meaningless and Strongman didn't do anything but make Owen's look like a chump if Roman's going against Taker at mania, the cruiserweight match was a submission out of nowhere, Cena failed to show how he overcame AJ this time round as it was nothing more than than the moves match they had before.

Compare the show to the end of the Women's match last night that some people hated. Cross got took out because she got distracted by the woman she obsessed over, then Asuka hit a flash finish because she had to outmanoeuvre two opponents. It was rushed but at least it made sense.

I felt like they teased a mean streak in Roman tonight. He could have made the pin after the chairs bit but then added the power bomb to the table. That's not a face move.

Cena I thought had something going early on in the match with his moments of disdain and anger cropping up. That was quickly dropped and soon forgotten.
If there's any good in the world, Roman turns heel against Taker.

I think the theme of the night was a lack of any story telling in any of the matches what so ever. The women's match wasn't built up in any way, the gimmick in the Universal title match was meaningless and Strongman didn't do anything but make Owen's look like a chump if Roman's going against Taker at mania, the cruiserweight match was a submission out of nowhere, Cena failed to show how he overcame AJ this time round as it was nothing more than than the moves match they had before.

Compare the show to the end of the Women's match last night that some people hated. Cross got took out because she got distracted by the woman she obsessed over, then Asuka hit a flash finish because she had to outmanoeuvre two opponents. It was rushed but at least it made sense.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

C3Y_s3IVUAA2Atk.jpg

Just need to get those other goober out of there

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What is likely at the top of the card

1. Randy Orton (will be 37) vs. John Cena (39)
2. AJ Styles (39) vs. Shane McMahon (47)
3. Roman Reigns (31) vs. The Undertaker (will be 52)
4. Kevin Owens (32) vs. Chris Jericho (46)
5. Seth Rollins (30) vs. Triple H (47)
6. Brock Lesnar (39) vs. Bill Goldberg (50)
Average age = 41

If Shane rumor isn't true and Cena loses the title to Bray, the Cena vs. Styles and Orton vs. Bray match-ups would lower the average age to 39.

What is likely at the top of the card

1. Randy Orton (will be 37) vs. John Cena (39)
2. AJ Styles (39) vs. Shane McMahon (47)
3. Roman Reigns (31) vs. The Undertaker (will be 52)
4. Kevin Owens (32) vs. Chris Jericho (46)
5. Seth Rollins (30) vs. Triple H (47)
6. Brock Lesnar (39) vs. Bill Goldberg (50)
Average age = 41

If Shane rumor isn't true and Cena loses the title to Bray, the Cena vs. Styles and Orton vs. Bray match-ups would lower the average age to 39.

I mean, almost every shoot promo from older wrestlers have said that the combination of actually learning how to work and still having the ability in the ring reaches an apex in your mid to late 30's. So, this isn't totally out of line.

The problem is guys like Triple H, Jericho, and Shane.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I mean, almost every shoot promo from older wrestlers have said that the combination of actually learning how to work and still having the ability in the ring reaches an apex in your mid to late 30's. So, this isn't totally out of line.

The problem is guys like Triple H, Jericho, and Shane.

I wouldn't mind Triple H having Finn take his "spot" and Shane bring in Samoa Joe to take his spot. Seth complains and wants Triple H. AJ Styles complains about not having a big match and Shane gives him Joe. Not going to happen, but would be fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is maybe Jericho's third or fourth best year of his career. Started last year at the rumble, this is easily the best of part time Jericho's runs, though he was actually a full timer. Best shape he's been in in a decade.

He was simply amazing tonight with his facials and heel mannerisms in both matches he participated in.

More gold medal heel work should go to Miz who also sold just about every finisher in his Rumble run like a champ.

Look at Nak/Roode. That was a great storytelling match.

So does anyone think the long standing rumour that some people on creative have been sabotaging Reigns via how they book his push might maaaybe be somewhat true.

I don't think I've ever heard said rumors

It was brought up like last year. I think it even got mentioned on the LAW or some actually decent wrestling podcast.

I don't actually think it's true but it feels sometimes like the only explanation that accounts for how stupid they book him.

Wrasslegaf, I just got home from the Rumble (I'll upload pics and vids later) and being live definitely gives a special feel to an even lackluster PPV, not saying this was, I still gotta catch it on the Network, but man, experiencing this live was awesome.

I'm curious as to how it felt from the broadcast? You guys can't even fathom the explosion of hate that erupted when the #30 hit and fucking Roman Reigns of all people was coming out. Holy shit.

Wrasslegaf, I just got home from the Rumble (I'll upload pics and vids later) and being live definitely gives a special feel to an even lackluster PPV, not saying this was, I still gotta catch it on the Network, but man, experiencing this live was awesome.

I'm curious as to how it felt from the broadcast? You guys can't even fathom the explosion of hate that erupted when the #30 hit and fucking Roman Reigns of all people was coming out. Holy shit.

It is almost impossible for live wrestling to not be a fun time...

Rumble was tedious from after Braun to Lesnar on the broadcast, I honestly think the long ramp didn't help any.

The hate for Roman came off strong, your very awesome this is bullshit chant rang clear.

Aiii

So not worth it
Haha, wat a fucking shit Rumble again. So boring, and the only NXT debut being Tye Dillinger seems only fitting for WWE in its current state. Stay losing, Vince.

Orton/Wyatt/AJ/Cena fatal 4 way at Mania or bust.

Wyatt wins at the Chamber, which puts Orton in line for a shot, and AJ and Cena getting a rematch. As someone who is going to Mania this year, that's the best possible outcome for the title match at this point in my opinion. Screw AJ/Shane, what good would that do?

Feeding Braun AND Taker to Roman without a heel turn is fucking atrocious. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Top Bottom