• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | August 2012 Thread | Hakooma Matata

Order

Haven't got a Platinum trophy yet, but hopefully aiming for one this month!

Games I'll be working on this month:

Shadow of the Colossus HD
InFamous 2
Sly 1/2/3 HD
Heavy Rain (Only 2 more trophies)
The Sly games are really easy to plat if you've played them before

Erdrick

Just beat MGS3 the other night (again) and have started Silent Hill: Downpour. Curious to see this take on the series...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Sly games are really easy to plat if you've played them before

It's easy to plat even if you haven't played them at all, especially the first one.

glaurung

This never played them before hd collection they get worse each installment though. Dunno why they get so much love
The first and second are properly cool thieving simulators, padded with the occasional minigame.

I never got around to finishing the third one, I thought it sucked all manner of ass.

Yeah I've got most of the trophies for InFamous 2 done already, just got to finish up the Evil side, do some UGC missions and then go back and playthrough on Hard mode (;_;).

\.

hard mode is very doable. If I'm reading your post right, you haven't done evil side yet? If so you can get both done at same time. Nothing to fret about

Footos22

The first and second are properly cool thieving simulators, padded with the occasional minigame.

I never got around to finishing the third one, I thought it sucked all manner of ass.

3rd one was a massive chore only finished it because of mild OCD.

Risgroo

Find the upgrades for the flamethrower. Secondary fire is god like.

Woah. Flamethrower+melee spam= breeze through challenge mode. I've only done the first challenge, as I'm currently 5 star-ing the story chapters and collecting stuff. Forgot how fun this game is.

Footos22

3 days in to August and I still have no desire to play on either console. I have about 3 more percent to do on mgs2 vita vr missions. But really can't be bothered lol. Must be getting old.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
hard mode is very doable. If I'm reading your post right, you haven't done evil side yet? If so you can get both done at same time. Nothing to fret about

I'm actually nearly done with Evil side. My first playthrough I did was a Good playthrough on Normal and then I started Evil side right afterward (this was a while back) not thinking about Hard mode. Come to find that this time around Hard mode should be kept for Good side powers. I don't mind playing through it a third time, it's just that there are certain parts that I'm not looking forward to.

By the way, I've heard that changing the game to Hard at the very beginning sometimes causes the trophy not to pop at the end. Anyway to avoid this?

Returners

My revised goals probably just entails finishing up Call of Juarez: BiB now that I've past this stupid checkpoint I got stuck on 1 year ago. Duels suck in that game.

Rounding back to maybe mop up DNF.

Also trying to do 1 Shank level on Hard a day.

MGS2 VR Missions on the go. That's pretty much August.

Joni

Platinum #71: Assassin's Creed II. No glitches this time, but certainly not as enjoyable this time around.

I'm revising my Trophy-planning a bit. Got a review copy of Brave so I might as well go for that Platinum.

Noi

I'm in the camp that loved Sly 1, liked Sly 3 and thinks Sly 2 should be nuked from the heavens. God, such an awful game. Dragged on for way, WAY too long and and playing as either Bentley or Murray in that game was an incredible annoyance, more so when the chapter where
everyone gets captured and you only play as Bentley for half the chapter
comes along. Sly 3 gives them better mobility and makes the hub levels not a pain in the ass to travel for people not named Sly, as well as cutting the collectathon by 1/4.

Anyway, almost done with Lollipop Chainsaw. Just need to play the stages in ranked mode and get a missing wrapper or two.

I'm actually nearly done with Evil side. My first playthrough I did was a Good playthrough on Normal and then I started Evil side right afterward (this was a while back) not thinking about Hard mode. Come to find that this time around Hard mode should be kept for Good side powers. I don't mind playing through it a third time, it's just that there are certain parts that I'm not looking forward to.

By the way, I've heard that changing the game to Hard at the very beginning sometimes causes the trophy not to pop at the end. Anyway to avoid this?

Change it to hard on a different save file (like the one you're on now after you beat it). Then it should be on hard when you start a new file/game. After the intro/tutorial make sure its still on hard.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Barely did shit in July, but I randomly bought the Deus Ex DLC for something to do since I've been missing this game. I'm really close to crossing 90K, Darksiders 2 will be the game to do it.

Risgroo

Finished the challenges in Dead Space Extraction, pretty easy, but it got tiring after a while. I get 5 stars in all the chapters tomorrow, then it's time to play on Impossible. Hopefull it's not too bad.

daevv

Got 400/400 in Deadlight. It's a easy achievement game but it gets frustrating towards the end as you die over and over again. Have 400gs this month, only totaled 90 in July.

Back to my Vita backlog! Dungeon Hunter sits at 51%.

ScrubJay

Took me 30 minutes to sync 3 bronzes today. What's happening with PSN?

I've been slacking so much on trophies lately, but I did platinum Trine 2. Meh. Enjoyed the first one more. Trine 2 puzzles felt specifically geared for co-op only, whereas Trine 1 was perfectly soloable.

BHK3

Banned
Gonna try and plat LA Noire today, not looking forward to getting all those cars.

So I couldn't even get to the cars since I had to rebeat ALL of Homicide, having a trophy glitch on me 3 times and getting distracted.

I'm really getting sick of the game, why so many damn collectibles...

One of the itunes songs requires all the emblems, and I'm pretty sure you get a song from playing with someone on MGO.

Unless they modify the subtle online requirement, Konami could have a un-platinumable game on their hands.

One of the itunes songs requires all the emblems, and I'm pretty sure you get a song from playing with someone on MGO.

Unless they modify the subtle online requirement, Konami could have a un-platinumable game on their hands.

I think it's safe to say that that won't be one of the requirements.

And yeah, LA Noire sucks. The car trophy is worst because it mostly just requires you to drive around the lifeless and boring city for hours and hours.

brentech

Thats why after a few cases in LA Noire, I quickly decided to just do what I could and trade it in for max value. Didn't care to try very hard on that one.

BHK3

Banned
I think it's safe to say that that won't be one of the requirements.

And yeah, LA Noire sucks. The car trophy is worst because it mostly just requires you to drive around the lifeless and boring city for hours and hours.

Thats why after a few cases in LA Noire, I quickly decided to just do what I could and trade it in for max value. Didn't care to try very hard on that one.

Ironically I also had the most fun today with the game because of one thing.

The trophy for getting $47,000 worth of damages, I did while just crashing cars and breaking light posts listening to loud Initial D music like this and this. Was pretty damn fun.

"Not as hard as I thought"

lol, you really dont' know do you? This is probably one of the hardest plats

Give it up to Kojima to replace the iPod with an iPhone and ingame Spotify app so you can download all the mp3s.

Dat 4th wall.

sadly it won't be =(

Noi

I'm convinced that Kojima doesn't want me to get the plat for any of his games. I'm closest to MGS2, but those VR missions...

I can only take so much punishment, Hideo!
LLShC.gif

Noi

Hey, at least MGS3 is easy.

Ironically, the only one in the collection that I haven't started yet. I should really make time for it sometime soon...

Then again, I did nearly the same thing for DMC HD. Got the plat for 2, am about at 50% for 3 and have yet to start 1 at all. I love pain.

Joni

I hope they don't include the Emblem and iPod songs. It will make the difference between a 5 and a 10 on the difficulty scale.

I hope they don't include the Emblem and iPod songs. It will make the difference between a 5 and a 10 on the difficulty scale.

They're unlockable in singleplayer, why wouldn't they include them? Otherwise the trophy description would be a bit of a lie.

Oh and I just remembered that the MGO iPod track is one of the ones that you can unlock through a code, so that's why it won't count towards the trophy.

Anyway, Jonathan Mak said Sound Shapes trophies will be a lot like Dyad's, so the trophy list isn't that surprising but here it is:
http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/Sound-Shapes

Lastly, I've just 100%'d Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. Awesome game. Really looking forward to Guacamelee.

daevv

After replaying the Rayman Orgins demo again this morning solo and then with my wife in co-op I've decided to get it during the walmart sale. Going to get it on 360 though as I doubt I'll have the patience to do the time attacks for plat so i might as well up my gamerscore as high as I can while playing. ;)

Edit: None left for 360 so I got PS3. Least it has a better D pad.

I was excited about the game getting trophies but may go back to not even playing it if it's as hard as it seems. I'm not a Metal Gear fan, so any hard trophies and I'll be passing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I finished my first run in UYA

Got all weapons to level 5, ready to jump into challenge mode, get the higher versions

Start stage go to Vendor and I see this:

rKL2Ul.jpg

Da' Fuck?...

Alright it's acting glitchy... lets go buy that RY3NO...

qj5Xil.jpg

What in the blue fuck?, I can buy the Heli-Pack for 1,000 Bolts... Sure... PING Get RY3NO Trophy.... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Laughing My Ass Off, I reset PS3, want to buy the Destroyer of Worlds and Ripping People not 1, not 2, but 3 new ones!

KjBxIl.jpg

Why is the Devastator there for 150K Bolts?

Looks like I'm fucked ; ;, unless somehow it appears again
Oh wells... at least getting everything up to a certain point will good enough, hopefully patch fixes this or I'll do multiple play-throughs for 1 Gold trophy down the line

Good Job porting the HD collections Idolminds, (-__-)p

BHK3

Banned
I've been hearing of a few glitches of this port, from UYA fucking with your options and weapon vendor issues.

I got all the film reels in Noire, and I don't understand why they would just pad the game like that. The cars I understand, but why make me go around the huge clunky boring city to pick up 50 rocks for?

I3rand0

Got the platinum in Dead Island tonight. Fuck that Rootin Tootin Lootin trophy. Had to leave my PS3 on for 10 hours just to get 2 orange weapons to drop.

I just realized I haven't really touched Pac-Man Championship Edition DX since I got it through PS+.

Gonna 100% that tomorrow. Just a few time trials and score attacks left.

Ein Bear

Just unlocked the Metal Gear Solid 2 Plat! Goddamn that was an epic task to get, took me well over 100 hours easily. Feels so good to finally get it done though!

Top Bottom