• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | August 2015 - Return Of The Trophy Cards

kevin1025

Banned
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture platinum is now mine! I really enjoyed the game, but the platinum...that walking speed really dampens things.

kevin1025

Banned
How bad was the platinum? I don't really enjoy the game.

It's a simple enough platinum, you can cover one end of the game to the other in twenty or so minutes just following the main road, so it's a lot of New Game's to go after the specific goals. The 100% story completion was a bit of a drag, though, given how many things there are in order to get it, and being a little nervous that one of the non-ringing phones was answered or not. But overall, it is a pretty easy one to get, just a slow-moving one.

kevin1025

Banned
I gave up on the game once my run got glitched and wouldn't work.

What sort of glitch did you get? My 100% completion run froze three times, luckily the saves with all the story chunks and radios saved me. I also had it freeze the first time I played it, it can be rather finicky.

What sort of glitch did you get? My 100% completion run froze three times, luckily the saves with all the story chunks and radios saved me. I also had it freeze the first time I played it, it can be rather finicky.

my save just won't let me run anymore, so I can only go at the pace of a snail, and that's unacceptable.

kevin1025

Banned
my save just won't let me run anymore, so I can only go at the pace of a snail, and that's unacceptable.

Oof, that would ruin the game. Even when being in buildings and the speed walk won't work anymore, that is tough to handle. The game not having it at all is rough. My 100% run with a Youtube guide only took roughly an hour and a half since you just have to trigger them and then leave so a new game isn't so bad, but you mentioned having given up on the game so I don't know if you'd want to go back.

Sez

Please add me, this year with PS4/Vita/PS3 combo I have been winning a lot of trophies.

Last platinum was LBP Vita, probably the best LBP game. I really enjoy LBP platinums, they have the perfect difficulty, challenging but not overly frustating.

Please add me, this year with PS4/Vita/PS3 combo I have been winning a lot of trophies.

Last platinum was LBP Vita, probably the best LBP game. I really enjoy LBP platinums, they have the perfect difficulty, challenging but not overly frustating.

dammit, and here I thought I had a chance at being first this month.

lol Hannah Montana The Movie, sorry.

oggob

My July results were decent as I had a clear goal in what I wanted to achieve, that filtered into August abit also, with actually wrapping up the Platinums for the 2 Senran Kagura on Vita.

Since finishing them, I haven't decided what I really wanted to move onto, on the Vita side of things, I cleaned up NekoBuru Cat's Block (not the best, but fun for the time I spent with it), but everything is in waiting til Danganronpa Another Episode.

Need to finish up Rocket League and started on Rayman Legends, but that is a long slog also with the online challenges to increase ranks.

and let's not start with all the new games starting to come out!

Joni

Finally got through the story mode of LEGO The Hobbit on Vita, the free play luckily is less of a drag. Already finished up quite a bit of it. Hope to get the Platinum this month.

Anyway just got platinum #69, Rocket League. Very good game but the grind at the end was a pain but very manageable as long as you divide up sessions. Probably gonna wrap up GOW III as plat #70 before Until Dawn at the weekend which only has 19 trophies (most gold) and an easy platinum.
Just started playing Rocket League because I hadn't downloaded it until now(I need to be quicker about downloading PSPlus games) Wow! That game is really fun, and most of the trophies seem to be really easy to get, I'll probably be getting the platinum for Rocket League and I may even get the DLC since I want to support these devs more

Tapejara

So far my only real trophy accomplishment this month has been getting 100% in Arcade Archives Crazy Climber - which isn't saying much. I don't think I've even earned more than 40 trophies in August! Hopefully if The Phantom Pain doesn't eat away too much of my time I'll be able to have a better September.

Stanng243

I'm not sure how this month went for me. I ended up doing a lot of swimming
In my basement. Fuck Water heaters.

bpfd

I am sure that this has probably been answered before, but how do you know how many points are accumulated every month? I am on the statistics page at psn profiles and all i can see is how many trophies I have for the month.

kevin1025

Banned
I am sure that this has probably been answered before, but how do you know how many points are accumulated every month? I am on the statistics page at psn profiles and all i can see is how many trophies I have for the month.

The best way (as far as I know) is to look at the trophy progression chart, find the last day of the previous month and add up all the totals of each bronze, silver, gold and platinum, and then compare that to what your current number of points is currently.

bpfd

The best way (as far as I know) is to look at the trophy progression chart, find the last day of the previous month and add up all the totals of each bronze, silver, gold and platinum, and then compare that to what your current number of points is currently.

If that is how they do it, this thread is more work than I thought.

I tried really hard this month, I know I won't get first, but this will be my last great month.
This is also the month where I've earned the most trophies ever.

kevin1025

Banned
I tried really hard this month, I know I won't get first, but this will be my last great month.
This is also the month where I've earned the most trophies ever.

Just saw your profile, that's a massive tear! Incredible month for sure, are you hoping to crack 400 trophies? You're so close to it now.

Just saw your profile, that's a massive tear! Incredible month for sure, are you hoping to crack 400 trophies? You're so close to it now.

I have the nights off, and sunday off (and sunday all to myself) so I'll probably cut down more trophies in Dishonored, and see about getting the plat in Until Dawn.

Sez

Just got platinum on Ratchet Up Your Arse~ Vita, definitely the easier of the collection (3 out of 10) with Going Commando being the hardest thanks to the space races (6 out of 10). Overall games are harder on Vita than the PS2 or PS3 because of the controls, but still very enjoyable and i'm excited for the upcoming PS4 game.

I don't know which game play next on Vita, Tearaway or Lego Hobbit? I think Lego Hobbit is more suitable to play on the go while I would enjoy Tearaway more if I play it on home right?

What we do is go to psnprofiles.com/user/stats and we check the trophy progression bar. E.g for doing this month's stats, I'll scroll to 31st August and multiply the number of trophies by the points they're worth (15 for bronze, 30 for silver, 90 for gold and 180 for platinum). This will give the score the player had by the end of the month. The previous month's score is taking away from the current score to give the number of points scored during the latest month.

Wow! I though there was some site for that, you guys do a great work.

Except the last level in LBP1(called the bunker?) was the most frustrating thing ever lol, or dying to the wonky physics.

Hahaha that level... that level made that platinum so satisfying. After more than 2 hours trying I though the best was to left it for another day, my little brother asked me if I was quitting and I gave him one advice we all know: When you just can't do something, stop and try again the next day, youll do better.

The next day I did it on my first attempt. LBP1 also was my first platinum ever.

kevin1025

Banned
I don't know which game play next on Vita, Tearaway or Lego Hobbit? I think Lego Hobbit is more suitable to play on the go while I would enjoy Tearaway more if I play it on home right?

I would say Lego Hobbit is more of a on the go game. Tearaway I played once like that and it dampened the experience, so I played the rest of it at home and it was a far better time that way!

Atolm

Man, the Driveclub grind is insane. I have everything to get the plat but the Game Modes accolade. I did like 60 races yesterday to reach level 5 and now it asks for 150 more. Bullshit.

August so far has been my best month in a while. Got Bloodborne, The Order and Infamous First Light plat (though the last two were piss-easy) and probably will get Driveclub today or tomorrow, and I have Everybody's gone to the Rapture halfway there, I'll get this one on my MGSV breaks next week.

TheCommonDan.png

Heyyyy first time I noticed there was a trophy thread, I wanna join...just got my Killzone: Shadow Fall platinum after getting it day 1 haha. The online botzone sealed the deal.

SxP

Platinum #26: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Enjoyable game, and an easy enough platinum. The walk speed makes it a very boring affair to get the final couple of trophies though.

Man, the Driveclub grind is insane. I have everything to get the plat but the Game Modes accolade. I did like 60 races yesterday to reach level 5 and now it asks for 150 more. Bullshit.

Yeah, that's awful. There's about a two month gap between my second to last and last trophy for Driveclub, just because I wanted to spread the grind out over a longer period of time to keep myself from going insane.

Sez

I would say Lego Hobbit is more of a on the go game. Tearaway I played once like that and it dampened the experience, so I played the rest of it at home and it was a far better time that way!

Yeah, just what I thought. Sometimes I have to make long trips to my hometown (6 hours travel) so I'll save the Lego game for that. Next week I'll start Tearaway, I hope I like it.

August so far has been my best month in a while. Got Bloodborne, The Order and Infamous First Light plat (though the last two were piss-easy) and probably will get Driveclub today or tomorrow, and I have Everybody's gone to the Rapture halfway there, I'll get this one on my MGSV breaks next week.

I have the Driveclub PS+ edition (haven't played it yet). Do you know what I need to buy to be able to get the plat?

Stanng243

Yeah, just what I thought. Sometimes I have to make long trips to my hometown (6 hours travel) so I'll save the Lego game for that. Next week I'll start Tearaway, I hope I like it.

I have the Driveclub PS+ edition (haven't played it yet). Do you know what I need to buy to be able to get the plat?

You're supposed to be able to get the Driveclub plat with just that. There will be a lot of repetition though.

SxP

You're supposed to be able to get the Driveclub plat with just that. There will be a lot of repetition though.

The grind is insane with the full game, I cannot imagine how bad it would be if you had no tour events (or, way less tour events?). Maybe if you're really into the multiplayer it wouldn't be so bad...

Sez

The grind is insane with the full game, I cannot imagine how bad it would be if you had no tour events (or, way less tour events?). Maybe if you're really into the multiplayer it wouldn't be so bad...

Thanks, Then I'll wait until I buy the upgrade at least. One more question, how similar/different is to Gran Turismo? GT is my favourite game after all.

I'd like to be added.

Why is Sarah on the trophy card? Haha one of the worst characters of that season in my opinion (along with Carlos, Bonnie, Becca).

Atolm

You can get the plat just with the PS+ edition but I would advise against it, seriously. You'll go insane with grinding in just one place.

Trophies aside it's a great game but the grinding for the plat is probably the worst I've done till now.

The game is somewhat similar to GT even if it doesn't try to be a sim at all. Certain things are light years ahead of GT (like engine's sounds & on-board camera) and it's a graphic monster. I'm still stunned sometimes in Chile or Norway. You'll like it.

I took a look and it turns out all my Wolfenstein trophies are from the very end of last month. Meaning this is gonna be a looooow scoring month for me.

Nuke Soda

Some of those Until Dawn trophies are shaming me lol, I love it. Spoilers, but still funny trophy name:
You Let The Wrong One In!
I am a dumbass.

Hypron

I finally completed The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!

1Ldb8720.png

It's my 12th game completed/10th Platinum. I've been playing that game for about 3 weeks — it's a hard game to get the Platinum for, even if you back up your saves like a mofo (which I did, I can't afford to spend 300 hours on 1 game haha).

Getting the item named "Steven" was by far the worst part about it. I would replay the first level 2/3 times a minute to try to get the right boss to spawn (probably less <10% probability), and then try to get the right item to drop (16% probability). That took a solid 2-2.5 hours of mind-numbing retries. I definitely didn't enjoy that at all.

But the rest of the game was pretty fun &#8212; it's a pretty addictive game and it's such a massive technical improvement compared to the flash version it's not even funny.

It was the last uncompleted game that was on my profile from before I started caring about trophies. So I now sit on a 100% completion ratio :D. I was never able to do that on my xbox account because I played lots of games (including some that don't have functioning online modes anymore...) before I started paying attention to achievements. Now I just have to choose games carefully to be able to keep it at 100% :p

But most importantly I'm glad I managed to get this done on time for The Phantom Pain's release. I can't wait to play that game and now that I don't have any other games on the back of my mind I'll be able to enjoy it at 100% :)

Sez

487 is my best. You are almost there.

Jesus Sez 540 last month, Did you sleep! I didn't when I got 487 lol

Out of 6600+ trophies I have only 29 trophies at 3am, 11 trophies at 4am, 6 at 5am and 5 at 6am. And those trophies were very specific conditions. Some of Tomb Raider multiplayer that I boosted with europeans, Far Cry 3 I did the multiplayer with an australian guy, Gran Turismo 5 when my driver was left overnight doing an endurance race and gave me 2 trophies while I was sleep.

Sadly, 178 of July trophies were thanks to the Soundshapes sync that autopops trophies. Also I have been trying to reduce my massive backlog by playing the shorter games and leaving the long ones =S, so this is one reason of why i'm having big trophies counts lately.

I now sit on a 100% completion ratio :D...
Now I just have to choose games carefully to be able to keep it at 100% :p

Gratz for that 100%!

My first PS3 game Gran Turismo 5 (I bought the bundle) forbid me of that luxury thanks to one trophy that pretty much requires a wheel, so I never worry about that, as long as its above 90% it shows that i'm a completionist.

Midn1ght

Got the Platinum Trophy in Driveclub last night.

Proud of this one, such a great game !

Now working on getting the last one for Dying Light.

Fisty

Banging my head against the wall in FFX-2 Last Mission... thank god ive managed to put all my good dresspheres in the vault, but i still havent managed to get to the 20th floor without some damn cactaur killing my lvl 7 dark knight in one hit or trema coming around and sending me back to the beginning. Neat little game but dammit i want to finish this shit before TPP...

Nuke Soda

I finally completed The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth!

1Ldb8720.png

It's my 12th game completed/10th Platinum. I've been playing that game for about 3 weeks — it's a hard game to get the Platinum for, even if you back up your saves like a mofo (which I did, I can't afford to spend 300 hours on 1 game haha).

Getting the item named "Steven" was by far the worst part about it. I would replay the first level 2/3 times a minute to try to get the right boss to spawn (probably less <10% probability), and then try to get the right item to drop (16% probability). That took a solid 2-2.5 hours of mind-numbing retries. I definitely didn't enjoy that at all.

But the rest of the game was pretty fun — it's a pretty addictive game and it's such a massive technical improvement compared to the flash version it's not even funny.

It was the last uncompleted game that was on my profile from before I started caring about trophies. So I now sit on a 100% completion ratio :D. I was never able to do that on my xbox account because I played lots of games (including some that don't have functioning online modes anymore...) before I started paying attention to achievements. Now I just have to choose games carefully to be able to keep it at 100% :p

But most importantly I'm glad I managed to get this done on time for The Phantom Pain's release. I can't wait to play that game and now that I don't have any other games on the back of my mind I'll be able to enjoy it at 100% :)

Congrats, not even going to attempt a platinum on that beast.

MattyG

Banned
Just got the Uncharted Golden Abyss plat. I've been chipping away at that one since launch. I'm thinking of trying for either the BO: Declassified or Killzone Mercenary one next.

Oh, and here's my trophy card for the leaderboard;

Top Bottom