• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | September 2015 - Rise Of The Machines

I bought Killzone SF season pass (it was quite cheap). I had a great time with the online and I'm looking forward to this coop thing. Is it good ? Are the trophies hard to get ?

I saw there is a drone trophy, it was the most annoying thing to farm in the main game :s I hope it'll take less than 500 kills with drone.
I remember the co-op trophies being pretty easy just took some time, I enjoyed the mode but it needed more maps/variety.

I gave up on the extra multiplayer trophies though, after grinding out the online originally doing it again was too much.

Sez

Welcome to our monthly discussion thread focusing on everything related to PS4, PS3, and Vita Trophies!

Congrats to haveabloodmuffin for being the Top August Trophy Winner!

Thanks Rtbeoh for all the work, with all the time you invest you deserve a platinum trophy!

Also congratulations to "Have A Blood Muffin" for the first place, you did like 3500 pts more than me (thats like 3 full platinum games, wow).

And happy to grab the second place, talking about trophies August-15 was my best month ever and I doubt to beat that number someday. The first 15 days of September I got 0 trophies so I will drop under the top 100.

jesus, 4th place. This month I'm expecting to be in the 100's. I only have 21 trophies this month, and they aren't going to go up much higher than that lol.

Let's compete to see who drops more places in the leaderboard this month =D!

I knew my trophy hunting last month was a bit much, but I didn't think it was that excessive/going to be 20k. It's especially sad when compared to my other months this year.

I'm currently playing and about to finish Lightning Returns. It's been a pleasant surprise so far. I already enjoyed XIII-2 (wasn't a fan of XIII) but this one is by far the best of the three for me. I wonder if those that weren't a fan of the linearity of XIII ever gave this one a chance.

Well it was excesive hehe. LR is a great game that gets a lot of not deserved hate. The main issue with FXIII for me wasn't the linearity (that was OK, like FFX), but the story, character development, pacing. It took me like 50 hours? to finally get a party and be able to choose my team and take advantage and have fun of the battle system. FXIII-2 was better, Caius was a great villain. And LR can be cheesy but I loved it, best of the series, the side quests are fun, diverse, interesting, the timer makes feel the game more challening. I hope someday they release the games on the PS4 to plat them again.

Thanks so much for continuing to create this thread. I have a lot of fun competing.

Some of you guys are absolute monsters (I mean that in the best way possible). August was a huge month for trophies, so congrats to everyone who got near the top.

I'm hoping to hit the Top 100 for September. I don't get as much time to play as I'd like, but it's been a fairly good month so far and I managed to clean up some trophies from a game I thought I was done with forever, so let's hope I can keep it up!

Sez

Total points of the top 200:

January: 395,530
February: 426,255
March: 460,425
April: 344,035
May: 373,540
June: 327,570
July: 451,295
August: 517,500

Hikami

Cool, didn't know the new thread was up. First month where I actually won't be lurking and participating instead.

Got my 5th platinum a few days ago: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Very fun game overall and fun to hunt the trophies for.. besides the one where I needed to beat the game twice to get access to some spells.

Playing through Tales of Xillia 2 now. I've never tried to platinum a Tales game since the trophies are all grindy as hell but I'm gonna give it a try with this one.
edit: This was a mistake. Screw the trophies from the Tales series, such a hassle to get.

Tapejara

Right now the post is at maximum capacity as there's a 24,000 character limit on posts, hence why the text and trophy cards spread to 3 pages this month. Additionally, I'm not sure it's necessary because if someone's looking at getting a game for trophies and hits up playstationtrophies.org it will immediately tell them the game can't be platinumed and the link to playstationtrophies.org is in the thread. Thanks for the suggestion though I'll take your feedback on board.

Ah, no worries. Didn't even occur to me that you had hit the character limit :p.

Working on Nier currently and item farming hasn't been to kind to me at all so far. I wanted to upgrade my main weapon at least by the end of playthrough one but getting giant eggs took forever.

I do like the game though so hopefully I can stick with it to get the plat.

The trophy doesn't require PS Plus, since it's not really a multiplayer thing- you just need to have someone on your friendlist who has died in-game somewhere.

Thanks!

Platinum!

giankratos.png

kevin1025

Banned
I'm probably not going to even register in this month's leaderboard, I ended up not playing anything for two weeks! Now I'm settling in to finish The Phantom Pain and Until Dawn, which are a little slow on giving out trophies.

Oh wow, I didn't know you get an exclusive theme if you get the Platinum for Bloodborne :D
Almost makes those chalice dungeons worth it :p

Hikami

2nd platinum for the month-

1b5c3d73aa.png

Getting one of the trophies for this game was such a pain.. (The chalice dungeon one)
The rest were fun to get though.

I've gotten 69 trophies thus far this month. That's so shameful I may need to commit sudoku.

don't feel so bad, I'm at 30. I've really slowed down (as I expected). Only games on my horizon are Fallout 4 and Call of Duty...and those are november. So October will be much worse than September.

NewDust

Man... Shouldn't have said I was going for top 10 this month. I believe I have only around a 130 measly trophies. But October should be stellar, already stacked some games and loads of time again.

Tapejara

Ehh. I could make one but I don't think there's much point. I already run the official GAF community and I'd rather not fracture the community more. Maybe sub groups for trophies for specific games would be better e.g a GAF community for say Black Ops III/Guitar Hero Live trophy hunting so you can find people from forums to boost with etc.

I was just curious if we were going to have one because I've seen other GAF communities pop up (DestinyGAF, VitaGAF, etc).

Trying to plat games still, but it's hard without internet. Was able to plat Arkham knight but could'nt plat Mad Max or Mgs v because of online trophies. Stupid. Still plan to plat all 3 Uncharteds hopefully. You lose interest fast when you can't actually see the trophies you're getting ):

JSoup

Banned
No plats lately, but a handful of 100%s.
Doodle Devil, Doodle God, Never Alone & Xeodrifter.

Started to get a thirst for trophies after getting a platinum in Rocket League. I have 1 trophy left to get in MGS2 HD and it's complete all VR missions, urgh. One day I'll get it but damn it takes some time.

Still working on Killzone SF DLC trophies and Guilty Gear Xrd (I'm looking for someone to play 100 "player match" btw :p )

Also I've started Mercenary King. Looks like a good game but some mission are a bit annoying, especially the gathering mission...
If you want to play coop add me ! My ID: phoenix9447

I was dumb last night and set my trophy privacy settings to friends only then didn't fix it until now. Hopefully it doesn't stop my stats from being updated for the new thread.

Tapejara

Had a hell of a lot of work this weekend so the new leaderboard's generated. Just need to set up the trophy cards, put the scores in a new table and prep the thread. I don't like solid dates because my workload has been varying a lot lately but I can 99% guarantee it by the end of Friday but I want to get it up tomorrow.

Anyone got thread title ideas themed for September/October?

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | October 2015 - Trophy Haunters.

JSoup

Banned
Wasn't there talk about getting a general community topic going so a new one wouldn't have to be made every month?

200 platinums go! I left the FOB trophy to last in MGSV specifically so it'd be my 200th and ended up timing it really well with the FOB event.

Oh and Rtbeoh, don't put any spaces or periods between the trophy cards when you make the next OP. Steve figured out in the old threads that you can put them in a continuous line and let the browser automatically format them depending on screen size instead of going through the hassle of formatting it so there's 2 or 3 per line.

netguy503

Man, all I can say if the start of this month is any indication you guys are going to have a tough time beating me for most trophies earned in October (which still needs a thread pretty please). It will probably be my first, and last, time in that position though. :(

Top Bottom