• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | December 2015 - 100ft Robot Trophy Hunting

Anyone else fucking sick too death of how developers of open world handle their trophies?
Most open world games are full of useless fucking tat as it is, but this "collect EVERYTHING" attitude towards their trophies is just so mind numbingly fucking bollox.

Yeah, currently going through Mad Max and while a suprisingly half decent game would of been so much better if it was not for above issues, should of been more like wind waker but with sand, considering it is a desert (sea bed) there is a awfull amount of fucking tat within short locations of each other, yes it would of had less too do my way, but it would of been more authentic and less "fuck the player, make him own the game longer"

I'm sure you already know but please keep an eye on your scavenging location (and possibly) other stat(s) if you're determined to get the plat.

Wiggy

Been playing Demon's Souls since platting bloodborne. I like it, Soul tendency is giving me a headache though, don't get it :/.

Also this may be the longest December ever. Why not just make it a continuous thread with OP monthly updates?. I come here for trophy talk rather than to compete so maybe im missing something though.

Dingotech

I'm sure you already know but please keep an eye on your scavenging location (and possibly) other stat(s) if you're determined to get the plat.

Yes I agree with this! In fact see my post on this page complaining about how my challenges glitched.

I've been playing the game again taking my time to ignore all scavenging locations until the very end.

netguy503

Been playing Demon's Souls since platting bloodborne. I like it, Soul tendency is giving me a headache though, don't get it :/.

Also this may be the longest December ever. Why not just make it a continuous thread with OP monthly updates?. I come here for trophy talk rather than to compete so maybe im missing something though.

Then why comment as this has just been a continuous thread which you say you want. I wish it was still December. The weather was so nice in California. The only thing I wish is that the OP would be honest with us with more about a realistic post date for these threads for him (ie I never expect these threads until the 15th now of every month but now it's almost four days past that so something at the start of each thread from him like "hey guys do to my work load don't expect these threads until yada yada yada of every month"). If that was stated in every OP version of these threads I think that would help keep people informed and not guessing about where is the thread which may/ may not be getting annoying to him by now. Maybe that's why he hasn't posted by now. Whether he takes my suggestion or sees it as another attack we shall see but that's just my advice. I think that would aliveate some stress for him. Again, this is supposed to be a fun hobby not a chore.

I also would like an update on the system he was going to have place in January that would of helped get these threads up much faster. What worked/ what didn't/ any roadblocks he encountered that maybe the community can help out with? I do admit that not posting at all when you are the OP is kinda sketchy but I hope he is well. Maybe we're just going to have a combined January/February/March thread as their are only 10 days left in this month.

Tapejara

IIRC, the more often you die in body form, the further the world tendency shifts to black and the harder the game gets. However certain events only open up when the world is in black tendency. White tendency works by slaying bosses in body mode, making the game easier and also opening up events.

I basically avoided the world tendency in my first playthrough by staying in soul form and using the cling ring (found in 1-1), which grants extra health in soul form. Always meant to go back and play around with the different world tendencies.

Wiggy

Then why comment as this has just been a continuous thread which you say you want.

To throw my two cents into the discussion, if thats ok netguy?. Also I could do with a title change. December is miserable in the UK so I don't wanna be reminded of it :p.

IIRC, the more often you die in body form, the further the world tendency shifts to black and the harder the game gets. However certain events only open up when the world is in black tendency. White tendency works by slaying bosses in body mode, making the game easier and also opening up events.

Ah thanks, I thought it was something like that. Gonna have to get my head round for the plat.

Wiggy

Plat 131 Demon's Souls. Helpful person on reddit saved me tons of stone grinding time.

It was also trophy 9001, annoyingly close to having a plat on a milestone :| haha.

130 was Bloodborne so I'll plat Dark Souls (or try to) next and keep this From Software roll going.

I guess Dark Souls 2 after that, where I can switch back to PS4 which is nice. Although it seems to have bad rap, anyone played/platted it here and say what's so bad about it?

LordofPwn

There's not one person in here with enough technical skills to figure out a way to automate this yet?
currently i do not know of a site that does trophy splits per month, which would help a lot. would most likely require access to an API. there would need to be a database.

If anyone knows anybody at PSNProfiles it would be a huge help.

options are:

build something from scratch using a PSN API, would need to also have a submission form to be added to a database. (lots of dev time, not sure if it can be a collaborative process)

Piggyback of an existing system like PSNProfiles, which may involve collaborating with someone on that team.

If i knew a way to automate it easily i would have done so when i was making the threads.

As far as trophy earning I've platinumed the Witness, completed firewatch and am finishing up Dark Cloud, may end up with 3 platinums this month.

netguy503

I'm currently wanting to boost the 6 player gold trophy for the PSN PS4 game from the last flash sale, Primal: Extinction. Anyone who has the game my PSN: Netguy503. Please no blank friend requests.

Tapejara

I'm currently wanting to boost the 6 player gold trophy for the PSN PS4 game from the last flash sale, Primal: Extinction. Anyone who has the game my PSN: Netguy503. Please no blank friend requests.

You're going to need people to boost just about every trophy on that list lol.

Drayco21

Platinum #18:

e0w9KeY.png

I'm free now.

I'm finally free!

(Until I go back and buy the rest of the DLC for those lists, but at least now I can move on to the rest of my ever-growing backlog without feeling the need to go back to finish this one)

Cornbread78

Is it bad that I have no intentions of going back and getting the last couple trophies I missed in The Order 1886. I don't think I can stomach trying to search through the whole game again for a few missing items to look at when there is no way to know what I am even missing.... so stupid.

netguy503

Is it bad that I have no intentions of going back and getting the last couple trophies I missed in The Order 1886. I don't think I can stomach trying to search through the whole game again for a few missing items to look at when there is no way to know what I am even missing.... so stupid.

I'm at the chapter the gardens which I hear is the most frustrating part in the game so my desire to finish it died a bit. How close am I to the end?

Drayco21

I'm at the chapter the gardens which I hear is the most frustrating part in the game so my desire to finish it died a bit. How close am I to the end?

That chapter is pretty much the last major gameplay sequence that I can remember; after that is a little longer, mostly cutscene and some walking around, the final fight, and you should be done.

Cornbread78

Not too much further to go. Just as an FYI, the difficulty doesn't matter in the game, so do yourself a favor and put it on easy when you get to the final chapter and save yourself the heartache and frustration. That part is much worse... The gardens were easy one I found that stupid cross bow and used it...

KanameYuuki

Heyyoooo, I just got Freedom Wars plat, gotta say I seriously love this game, such a fluid and fast combat, music is top notch, crafting looks kinda scary but it's pretty easy, and when online works it's a blast but too bad it's not so populated.

Now onto the weak points, first one must be the story, it is such a waste, the setting and concept of the game is so interesting, but just like FF Type-0, in game story is too strange and shallow.
2nd. Not enough abductors, I think there are like 7 different kind of abductors, I wish there was more variety, although, they deserve props for the ones we got, playing against all of them it's entirely different and they have enough attachments to give them more life.

There is so much potential for a sequel, I supposed the reason why I enjoyed it so much it's that it is my 2nd Monster Hunter type game (If you count FF Type-0 too, first if not), so really looking forward to God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Will those 2 be sold separately or as a bundle?

Joni

Still got two days left to get my second Platinum of the month and stay on schedule. Either a speedrun on God of War Vita or finishing up Hitman Go should solve that. Should also help get my goal of level 35 already this month.

JSoup

Banned
options are:

build something from scratch using a PSN API, would need to also have a submission form to be added to a database. (lots of dev time, not sure if it can be a collaborative process)

Piggyback of an existing system like PSNProfiles, which may involve collaborating with someone on that team.

If i knew a way to automate it easily i would have done so when i was making the threads.

Or, make a leaderboard on TrueTrophies, have everyone join it, done.

JSoup

Banned
Does that work on giving monthly rankings?

Not the way you all want, currently. For now, it would be:

1. Note where everyone is on the first of the month.
2. Compare to where everyone is at the end of the month.

While not everything that people are asking for, it's still better than the nothing we've had for months.

netguy503

Cross posting this from the vote to play thread as I thought more would be interested here. Do you like this new trend in games? First firewatch and now this? I don't.

LOL Broforce confirmed to have only 9 trophies and no plat while the Cactus game I voted for had a confirmed plat and it's trophy list leaked during the vote to play so everyone could see. The general public fails us again. Happy PS Plus day! This is almost as bad as firewatch.

http://www.exophase.com/game/broforce-ps4/trophies/

Also, we still haven't heard from the OP of this thread about what happened to this month? That's very odd. I can tell you that has stopped my desire to gain trophies this month. If we aren't being ranked and have a race for the winner of the thread each month...what's the point? That's what was so fun in this thread for me and about this community and why I kept coming back.

Joni

Cross posting this from the vote to play thread as I thought more would be interested here. Do you like this new trend in games? First firewatch and now this? I don't.

LOL Broforce confirmed to have only 9 trophies and no plat while the Cactus game I voted for had a confirmed plat and it's trophy list leaked during the vote to play so everyone could see. The general public fails us again. Happy PS Plus day! This is almost as bad as firewatch.

http://www.exophase.com/game/broforce-ps4/trophies/
It has 315 points, just like Firewatch. It means it is a standard small games.

Also, we still haven't heard from the OP of this thread about what happened to this month? That's very odd. I can tell you that has stopped my desire to gain trophies this month. If we aren't being ranked and have a race for the winner of the thread each month...what's the point? That's what was so fun in this thread for me and about this community and why I kept coming back.
Yeah, getting annoying. :'( Maybe if we could see where we can build further on his automation.

Footos22

Platinum #130 - Hitman GO: Definitive Edition.
That makes me level 35 as well.

Just got that myself. Easy ass platinum. Like 18% of ppl on psn has it lol. Platinum 160. Chucked me over to level 41 in the process. Now to care on with dark souls 2 ps4.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty sure the guy just got tired of tabulating the results every month, i would take his place except i don't actually know the system
troll.gif

Also guys i'm missing the "Flip Flop" trophy in COD: advanced warfare PS4 and doing it solo is incredible hard, i can make it past wave 25 consistently but later rounds are hell. If anyone is still missing that trophy i wouldn't mind trying it together, just saying.

Not the way you all want, currently. For now, it would be:

1. Note where everyone is on the first of the month.
2. Compare to where everyone is at the end of the month.

While not everything that people are asking for, it's still better than the nothing we've had for months.
That's not great but it at least adds some automation to it. We might as well switch to that for March if someone would take it over.

netguy503

Pretty sure the guy just got tired of tabulating the results every month, i would take his place except i don't actually know the system
troll.gif

Also guys i'm missing the "Flip Flop" trophy in COD: advanced warfare PS4 and doing it solo is incredible hard, i can make it past wave 25 consistently but later rounds are hell. If anyone is still missing that trophy i wouldn't mind trying it together, just saying.

Yes but as OP he should at LEAST come in and say that so we know where things stand/so someone else can take over if need be. He hasn't replied in so long. It's not very professional to leave alot of us hanging like this wondering what's going on.

That said, I can't wait to start earning trophies again tomorrow ( I stopped in Feb because who knows if scores where being tallied/ I mean they might not be in March either but since it's a bigger month hopefully we have a new system in place by the end of it and someone else steps up if need be). I definitely have Hitman go as commented upthread and the Heroes game ready to be fast platinum'ed I just wanted my score to count when I do (I already wasted Trine 3 on this month when I thought we were still keeping scores. Oh, well). Also really looking forward to Heavy Rain tomorrow (and I get it at a discount as I bought Beyond Two Souls and some say it might be as low as around $10 with said discount).

Also, I need those Advanced Warfare trophies too. PSN :Netguy503. Just please no blank friend requests so write a short message telling me your from GAF if you want to add me.Thanks.

Yes but as OP he should at LEAST come in and say that so we know where things stand/so someone else can take over.. He hasn't replied in so long. It's not very professional to leave alot of us hanging like this wondering what's going on.

Jesus Christ dude, you couldn't come across like more of an entitled man baby if you tried. Do you even know what professional means?

OP, if you do still lurk, please remove me from the OP and list. I'm out.

JSoup

Banned
Jesus Christ dude, you couldn't come across like more of an entitled man baby if you tried. Do you even know what professional means?

...he wasn't whining and didn't say anything the rest of us haven't been saying since at least last October. If you take on a responsibility, you follow through. If you can't, you say as much. That's how adults work.

Footos22

Its just a forum leader board. Netguy, I don't know why you care so much. You do sound like an entitled baby and it has nothing to do with being "professional" All you seem to do is moan about no new thread. Make your own if you're gonna cry about it all the time. Good luck with that though.

Steve couldn't even keep up with it and he did it for 3 years + its become a monster. If your unemployed and have nothing better to do i'm sure you'll find the time. You can easily find out your own points on PSNProfiles if it means that much to you.

Tapejara

So, I have an idea:

Why don't we make it so everyone has to submit their own score at the beginning of each month through a Google Doc? This would cut down on the amount of work the OP has to do, and it would ensure that those who signed up to be part of this friendly competition but don't participate anymore aren't counted. The only thing is people could lie, but I suppose if someone has an unbelievable score we could just check on PSNProfiles?

Edit: And for example the Doc could be formatted something like

Code:
GAF Name | PSN     | Trophy Score (Points) | PSNProfile
Tapejara | poodude | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx| PSNProfiles.com/poodude

So, I have an idea:

Why don't we make it so everyone has to submit their own score at the beginning of each month through a Google Doc? This would cut down on the amount of work the OP has to do, and it would ensure that those who signed up to be part of this friendly competition but don't participate anymore aren't counted. The only thing is people could lie, but I suppose if someone has an unbelievable score we could just check on PSNProfiles?

Edit: And for example the Doc could be formatted something like

Code:
GAF Name | PSN     | Trophy Score (Points) | PSNProfile
Tapejara | poodude | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx| PSNProfiles.com/poodude
I'm alright with this idea too. The question is do we want to do this or just forget the work and use a simple TrueTrophies leaderboard?

That is no fun if it is only full leaderboards, it is impossible to catch up to some people here.
Yeah that's fair. I wonder how many people will be willing to grab their own numbers. I guess we can try though.

Do either of you want to make a new thread for March?

netguy503

...he wasn't whining and didn't say anything the rest of us haven't been saying since at least last October. If you take on a responsibility, you follow through. If you can't, you say as much. That's how adults work.

Thanks for defending me (I wasn't going to respond as that's petty) but that guy liquid solid has had it out for me for a long time and I don't know why. Yes I haven't been the only one asking, yet I always get singled out? That's funny, right?

Anyway, I like poodude's idea. Maybe it can work. Will we still have a winner for the month/ our trophy cards showed off?

Top Bottom