• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | December 2015 - 100ft Robot Trophy Hunting

Tapejara

Warhawk is still alive ? :eek:

The player base has shrunk considerably of course, but last time I checked there were still some servers up. Sony hasn't shut the game down yet (nor do I think they're going to anytime soon due to it being on PS Now, but of course you never know).

Joni

Killzone 2

This one reminds me that I still have a long way to go on this one. I have the multiplayer trophies half done or something. And I have at least some DLC, but can't remember which. Looking at the Trophies, I at least have the two DLC trophies that need human players.

The player base has shrunk considerably of course, but last time I checked there were still some servers up. Sony hasn't shut the game down yet (nor do I think they're going to anytime soon due to it being on PS Now, but of course you never know).

Maybe I'll download the game again. This game was amazing with a few friends.
Never tried Starhawk tho. Is it better ?

Tapejara

Maybe I'll download the game again. This game was amazing with a few friends.
Never tried Starhawk tho. Is it better ?

I love both but they're very different games. Starhawk introduces sprinting and ADS, as well as it's whole building system. I think it's a lot of fun, but unfortunately the last time I checked there were only nine people online.

I just checked Warhawk after posting about it, and there was one full game going and a handful of near-empty servers. Be aware that this was at like 6:30am EST, so I'm not sure if things change later in the day.

mf.luder

Good haul, I've got 5 so far this month too. What's Sherlock's plat like? I've been thinking about going back to that.

I just got this yesterday. It was fun and a little awkward until I realized you could run (haha), I did follow a guide so I wouldn't waste too much time.

Wiggy

It's easy and short, can be done in just one playthrough but due to the nature of the game I don't recommend it since checking a guide spoils the real murderer.

I just got this yesterday. It was fun and a little awkward until I realized you could run (haha), I did follow a guide so I wouldn't waste too much time.

Thanks for the info guys, starting it up now. Gonna go for a clean guide-less play to enjoy, then do clean up with chapter select.

Just did plat for Witcher 3... bloodborne is next! Bring it on!

Btw: Any tips for BB plat?

I havent got the plat yet, but from what I've played ill say watch out for the missable trophies.

Card Boy

Banned
How do i get the King's Vengence trophy on in Teslagrad (Vita) the trophy is glitched and i can't seem to find a solution. I don't want to start again on PS4.....

Desmond

2016 looks to be a good year for trophy hunting. Clearing out the backlog, go the platinum for AKB1/149 恋愛総選挙 on the Vita. Bought a PS3 copy when I lived in Japan too, which I haven't touched. It's a grind.

Wiggy

Cleared more backlog with LBP Vita plat, love that game -except the arcade stuff. I have all the LBP plats now except 3 which i dont own and hear isnt so good.

Started Sherlock not too impressed but it's early days. I wish it had a 1st person mode, would make scrambling around looking for clues less clunky. Found it :p

Switching between Bloodborne, Nihilumbra and Sherlock not sure which i'll finish first, but an incoming PS2onPS4 game like Ape Escape 2/3 could put all those on the backburner.

What PS2 games would everyone love to plat most?

So many really, but the one that stand out would be battlefront 1 & 2. An emulated version of Black or Dragon Quest VIII would be nice too.

Just popped my #100 platinum. Gave the milestone to Drakengard 3. Lovely hack 'n slash with some serious weird & fuck'd up dialogue. On to #200, i guess?

kevin1025

Banned
Cleared more backlog with LBP Vita plat, love that game -except the arcade stuff. I have all the LBP plats now except 3 which i dont own and hear isnt so good.

Started Sherlock not too impressed but it's early days. I wish it had a 1st person mode, would make scrambling around looking for clues less clunky. Found it :p

Switching between Bloodborne, Nihilumbra and Sherlock not sure which i'll finish first, but an incoming PS2onPS4 game like Ape Escape 2/3 could put all those on the backburner.

I never got around to playing Ape Escape 2 or 3, even though I played the first game three or four times, so trying to platinum those would be fun!

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, SSX Tricky and Dragon Quest VIII are the major games I'd love to trophy hunt in!

oggob

Ssx tricky, timesplitters trilogy, gta trilogy and Rayman revolution are Leading my list

TimeSpliters trilogy is at the top of my list now... Everything else I was keen over has been done already.

That is excluding the games that had heavily licensed music (eg: Burnout, etc)

2016 started well for me, finished platinums for Tales from the Borderlands & Persona 4 : Dancing All Night

Joni

TimeSpliters trilogy is at the top of my list now... Everything else I was keen over has been done already.

2016 started well for me, finished platinums for Tales from the Borderlands & Persona 4 : Dancing All Night
They should just strip the soundtrack from burnout and make a Spotify playlist to use

oggob

They should just strip the soundtrack from burnout and make a Spotify playlist to use

Funny thing, I was thinking that same thing the other day... We've seen Rockstar take out single songs in the GTA games, they cop shit for it, but for something like a driving game, skateboarding, snowboard, etc the soundtracks are not built into certain aspects of the game...

So muting the game wouldn't be that much effort surely? Keep all the music credits in the game, strip them out and perhaps some game might have to tinker with the UI though.

And in the grand scheme of things, surely it's better to have the game playable, rather than fuss about the soundtrack given the options of streaming and customisable music services nowdays...

I will state this now, I will buy games with stripped soundtracks if it simple means getting them on these services!

Desmond

I've had P4D since the Japanese launch, only got 57% of the trophies or so. I just suck at hard mode so much. lol Congrats

oggob

I've had P4D since the Japanese launch, only got 57% of the trophies or so. I just suck at hard more so much. lol Congrats

Thanks!!! I struggled early on, had some trouble seeing and working in the scratches to a routine... But it seems to click at some point and you start watching the "future" notes more, because you work everything into the beat of the song...

The power ups can help out a lot, I didn't use them in the end except for specific trophies, but they can make "passing" a song simple enough.

I'll admit I found the rating system quite unfair though... You can get a good flow going, drop a handful of notes (not misses either), just some goods and you'll be back at the "not cleared" zone, like less than 2% of the entire song and its all over...

Consumer

#45 AC Unity.
Great game, but I need to bitch about the messy map. After collecting 400+ trinkets around Paris and getting the plat, the map still looks like I didn't even accomplish anything. Map's way too bloated.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hkl5qkD.jpg[/img]

Joni

Stuck on choice again. Doing LEGO Batman 3 on Vita, but kinda want to switch that up with Baseball Riot. Doing Final Fantasy VII on the PS4 but I want to do GTA3 and Baseball Riot too; and then there is the question when do I start Madagascar 3. Maybe try to finish up LEGO Batman 3 this week, Madagascar 3 in the weekend and Baseball Riot between.

#45 AC Unity.
Great game, but I need to bitch about the messy map. After collecting 400+ trinkets around Paris and getting the plat, the map still looks like I didn't even accomplish anything. Map's way too bloated.
That is really motivating. Syndicate had it less and I still hated that part.

Consumer

Stuck on choice again. Doing LEGO Batman 3 on Vita, but kinda want to switch that up with Baseball Riot. Doing Final Fantasy VII on the PS4 but I want to do GTA3 and Baseball Riot too; and then there is the question when do I start Madagascar 3. Maybe try to finish up LEGO Batman 3 this week, Madagascar 3 in the weekend and Baseball Riot between.

That is really motivating. Syndicate had it less and I still hated that part.

Ah good call about GTA 3, I should start that soon too. Just began the download.

Yeah Syndicate only had about ~112 things to collect (including the 20 missions), but the 400+ ACU grind isn't so bad if you play music in the background while you're in a state of half-sleep; it takes about 6-8 hours. It kinda reminded me of the InFAMOUS blast shard hunt, only they're marked on the map this time. Just remember to use your helix credits to purchase the cockade & chest maps, since the viewpoints don't actually show every collectible location.

Joni

Ah good call about GTA 3, I should start that soon too. Just began the download.

Yeah Syndicate only had about ~112 things to collect (including the 20 missions), but the 400+ ACU grind isn't so bad if you play music in the background while you're in a state of half-sleep; it takes about 6-8 hours. It kinda reminded me of the InFAMOUS blast shard hunt, only they're marked on the map this time. Just remember to use your helix credits to purchase the cockade & chest maps, since the viewpoints don't actually show every collectible location.

That is a relief, I'm still at an early stage though: buying the game. I think it is the last disk one that I don't own yet.

Desmond

I'm looking at my shelf here, I have all the (Japanese versions) of the Yakuza games here. The thing is the trophy lists look daunting, maybe I should just aim for 50% completion. lol

Also thinking of playing PS All Stars on Vita (have the PS3 platinum) if anyone wants to work on the online trophies, don't know if I have it in me though. lol

Returners

Yeah I'm much more conscious of online trophies these days, especially after the Gamespy closure. I still have a lot of online heavy trophy lists on my profile, and while it might be easier just to make a new profile, I don't want to give up my (now unobtainable) Resistance 2 and Section 8: Prejudice plats :p.

Games I still need to finish with online include:

Aliens vs Predators
Armored Core: Verdict Day
Battlefield: Bad Company
Far Cry 2
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (currently working on this one with a boosting group, actually)
Killzone 2
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Starhawk (no one plays this anymore)
Time Crisis: Razing Storm (good fucking luck with this one. Seriously, do not add this game to your trophy list if you're looking to keep a good completion percentage).
Warhawk

So yeah, wish me luck!

How much Razing Storm is coop needed? I'm actually interested. Finished TC4 and Deadstorm Pirates in that collection.

#45 AC Unity.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/hkl5qkD.jpg[/img]

Congrats man!

My longest plat was also World at War, 6 years 1 month.

netguy503

Btw just for people wondering about the new thread with it being close to the end of the month I'm going to mash December and January results into the February thread since the January results should be quite quick to do with the new spreadsheet.

I was actually just going to suggest you do that. With there being only one week left it seems silly to do a thread that's going to be outdated in 7 days. As long as the mashup includes all the trophy winners for that much and such like usually in separate categories (I don't care about December but I will care about January).

Joni

Btw just for people wondering about the new thread with it being close to the end of the month I'm going to mash December and January results into the February thread since the January results should be quite quick to do with the new spreadsheet.
That is at least fantastic news on January.

Tapejara

So I finished Color Guardians a few nights ago. It was platinum #43 and my second platinum of the year. Alright game. It's a pretty easy platinum, and I was lucky that the trophy for collecting all of the hidden tokis glitched and popped after I beat the game. Definitely saved me a second playthrough.

Probably not going to go for anymore platinums this month. I was thinking of playing Tales from the Borderlands, but I'm not in the mood to finish it and because I've heard it's so good I'd rather not tarnish my first playthrough by rushing through it just to get trophies.

I also started Prismatic Solid, which doesn't seem too difficult. I find it a bit boring for a shmup though.

How much Razing Storm is coop needed? I'm actually interested. Finished TC4 and Deadstorm Pirates in that collection.

There's no co-op, but there is competitive multiplayer and a ranked arcade mode. Basically, you need to play 765 matches of competitive multiplayer, earn 7650 kills in competitive multiplayer (and it has to be ranked multiplayer - also, no one plays this game) and you have to reach max rank three times. On top of that you need to do a perfect playthrough of the ranked arcade mode (but seeing as you did Deadstorm this shouldn't be too difficult). Then there's the game's sentry mode which thankfully doesn't require an online connection, but does require you to be quite precise (again, you did Deadstorm, so you've already got a bit of an edge).

If you're a completionist I really wouldn't recommend it; it takes 100s of hours. That said if you do plan on doing it, let me know!

Sounds good :)!

Returners

There's no co-op, but there is competitive multiplayer and a ranked arcade mode. Basically, you need to play 765 matches of competitive multiplayer, earn 7650 kills in competitive multiplayer (and it has to be ranked multiplayer - also, no one plays this game) and you have to reach max rank three times. On top of that you need to do a perfect playthrough of the ranked arcade mode (but seeing as you did Deadstorm this shouldn't be too difficult). Then there's the game's sentry mode which thankfully doesn't require an online connection, but does require you to be quite precise (again, you did Deadstorm, so you've already got a bit of an edge).

If you're a completionist I really wouldn't recommend it; it takes 100s of hours. That said if you do plan on doing it, let me know!

Can you start a ranked match with only 2 players?

Consumer

Congrats man!

Thanks again for the help, man! It was enjoyable to play through the missions with someone from GAF, especially a former UW resident.

Here's some co-op games I've yet to platinum if you (or anyone else) needs them as well:

-Borderlands TPS
-Dead Nation
-Dead Space 3
-LittleBigPlanet (2, 3, Vita)
-PayDay (1, 2)
-Army of Two Devil's Cartel
-Evolve
-Kane & Lynch 2
-Mercenary Kings
-R&C All 4 One
-The Crew
-Terraria
-Diablo 3

I'll also be sporadically playing the CoD BO3 campaign on veteran (no checkpoint restarts) in the very near future.

Returners

Thanks again for the help, man! It was enjoyable to play through the missions with someone from GAF, especially a former UW resident.

Here's some co-op games I've yet to platinum if you (or anyone else) needs them as well:

-Dead Nation
-Dead Space 3
-LittleBigPlanet (2, 3, Vita)
-PayDay (1, 2)
-Army of Two Devil's Cartel
-Evolve
-Kane & Lynch 2
-Mercenary Kings
-R&C All 4 One
-The Crew
-Terraria
-Diablo 3

I'll also be sporadically playing the CoD BO3 campaign on veteran (no checkpoint restarts) in the very near future.

Which version of Dead Nation?

I can help with that, and Kane & Lynch 2, though the multiplayer is dead isn't it?
There's only 1 or 2 trophies with Devil's Cartel that needs a friend I believe.

Consumer

I need that Terraria platinum so bad. I did all the extremely hard trophies and then was too burnt out by the game to go on. Might need to take you up on that one sometime.

Nice, seems you've only got kill trophies & some grinds left. I'm not very far at all, but my buddy's a proficient Terraria player (PC) so I'll try to get caught up to you with his help so we can do the rest of the trophies together sometime.

Which version of Dead Nation?

I can help with that, and Kane & Lynch 2, though the multiplayer is dead isn't it?
There's only 1 or 2 trophies with Devil's Cartel that needs a friend I believe.

I have both versions of DN; I'd rather do the PS4 version first, but it honestly doesn't matter to me since I'll do both eventually.

K&L 2 MP is dead, yeah, so I'd probably need to gather a boosting group from PSNP to help. But I mentioned it because of the co-op campaign; I need to beat it with someone on the highest difficulty. I'd be happy to do this sometime if you're interested.

Ah, you're right about Devil's Cartel; I just assumed there was a lengthy co-op trophy due to its nature. I can do the campaign solo then (or we can still do it together if you'd like).

Can you help me with Dead Nation PS4 please?

Looks like we've all got the PS4 version; we should try getting that plat sometime. There's still room for a 4th if anyone wants to join.

Returners

I have both versions of DN; I'd rather do the PS4 version first, but it honestly doesn't matter to me since I'll do both eventually.

K&L 2 MP is dead, yeah, so I'd probably need to gather a boosting group from PSNP to help. But I mentioned it because of the co-op campaign; I need to beat it with someone on the highest difficulty. I'd be happy to do this sometime if you're interested.

Ah, you're right about Devil's Cartel; I just assumed there was a lengthy co-op trophy due to its nature. I can do the campaign solo then (or we can still do it together if you'd like).

Looks like we've all got the PS4 version; we should try getting that plat sometime. There's still room for a 4th if anyone wants to join.

Dead Nation is only 2 players IIRC. There's also the Vita version :D

Consumer

Dead Nation is only 2 players IIRC. There's also the Vita version :D

Damn, you're right. Not sure why I assumed it was 4 people. In that case, you & Netguy can play together and I can try asking my cousin to play w/ me.

Good call on the Vita version; I had no idea one existed. I don't have that one, though.

Footos22

Platinum 156: Video game bender (lol) legend of Korra

Also my 10000th trophy. Wasn't even lining it up for that.

Milestone achieved.

Rated-G

Hi guys, I've been following these threads for a while but hadn't thought to post until now.

I'm really wanting to finish getting all the multiplayer trophies in Uncharted 3, (especially before Uncharted 4 comes out) but there's a lot of grinding that needs to be done for so many of them. Are any of you also interested in getting these trophies?

The community is, for the most part, dead in almost all game types except the general Team Deathmatch, which means if we get 10 people together, or even 6 (two solo team leaders and four players who can play split screen with extra controllers) we could easily boost wins in the other game types, as well as specific kill trophies in Plunder.

I made the mistake of starting the final legacy level at one point when I was very active in the game, and as I am at a low level, I don't have a lot of useful co-op upgrades but I'd be up for helping with most of those, I still need some myself.

Also if any of you need help in some Co-op games like Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, or something, I'd be happy to help, whether I have the trophies or not.

Desmond

After 7 (yes SEVEN) years, I went back and did the 20 or so events needed to attain my Burnout license and the platinum.

xbb9ft5.png

Now, to platinum Telltale's GoT or try and get New Vegas' (need 10,000 explosive damage and the Hardcore mode trophy).

Hi guys, I've been following these threads for a while but hadn't thought to post until now.

I'm really wanting to finish getting all the multiplayer trophies in Uncharted 3, (especially before Uncharted 4 comes out) but there's a lot of grinding that needs to be done for so many of them. Are any of you also interested in getting these trophies?

The community is, for the most part, dead in almost all game types except the general Team Deathmatch, which means if we get 10 people together, or even 6 (two solo team leaders and four players who can play split screen with extra controllers) we could easily boost wins in the other game types, as well as specific kill trophies in Plunder.

I made the mistake of starting the final legacy level at one point when I was very active in the game, and as I am at a low level, I don't have a lot of useful co-op upgrades but I'd be up for helping with most of those, I still need some myself.

Also if any of you need help in some Co-op games like Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, or something, I'd be happy to help, whether I have the trophies or not.

Do I need to buy DLC or something to get these trophies? I want to play some multiplayer.

Fisty

Do I need to buy DLC or something to get these trophies? I want to play some multiplayer.

Yes you need the GOTY version, all the DLC (if you own vanilla), or the f2p multiplayer with the purchased unlocks.

I would love to join in on some UC3 boosting, count me in

Rated-G

Also might drop in for UC3 boosting. How long would it take to get them all?

Yeah it really just depends on everyone's schedules. I'm central time, and I'm usually available from 10AM to 5:30PM and 11PM to 4AM on week days. Weekends aren't terrible consistent but late nights I'm usually on.

It'll definitely take a few sessions, that's for sure. And if you don't have the TDM wins trophy, that might be difficult to get now because it's the only game type that still has an active player base and it's full of really hardcore players. There are two trophies related to coop treasure drops as well, so for those the time depends on how kind the RNG is to you.

A lot of the competitive trophies can be farmed in the Plunder game type. Like say, we'd all need 50 plunder wins, so we'd alternate wins, but at the same time, it's the perfect game type to grind out trophies like the ones for 50 Assassin medals or Gunslinger medals and such. So if we each have a goal and communicate that to each other via chat or maybe mic, we could try and get a system down.

Fisty

Anyone that is interested in boosting Uncharted 3 multiplayer trophies check out this thread

ttp://www.playstationtrophies.org/f...9-trophy-boosting-thread-read-first-post.html

I will organize a boosting group. Message me on PSN, my ID is big-_-_-_-boss69

Make sure you mention the UC3 boost for the friend request. I will try to organize a time that works for everyone after i get some boosters. Make sure you read that thread i linked, it gives a great idea of what is necessary for the trophies. I will also try to grab some folks I know for more numbers/faster medal gains.

Wiggy

Got the Bloodborne plat! Very satisfying to get this one. Some chalice dungeon bosses nearly broke me, but I powered through once I got the right strategy.

Back to Sherlock now, but im still hoping for a PS2 classic i like to pop up.

Desmond

Another platinum this week. Finished off Fallout: New Vegas. I'll buy the Ultimate Edition and tackle the DLC sometime.

Top Bottom