• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | December 2015 - 100ft Robot Trophy Hunting

Joni

Are you sure you synced your Trophies to your PS3? This seems like an issue where you did a factory reset and never completely synced your Trophies back.
The PSN list remains the master, so it would think you earned the trophies earlier on another system and keep those records.

Tapejara

I've got a PS trophy question. I'm not sure if this behavior is unusual or happens all the time.

I played Vanquish on a disc on PS3 when it came out and got 91% of the trophies (still missing the last mission trophy). Here it is on my PS4 trophy dashboard.

9Dv1Rrq.jpg

I got the digital version through PS+ a while ago and I decided to fire it up again. When I was doing the tutorial sessions again, it started popping trophies again for me. When I exit out to the PS3 dashboard, instead of having 91% for Vanquish, I had 1%

e5EMWF4.jpg

Also notice how the order changed? Vanquish popped to the top of this list instead of being next to Wake-Up Club. Luckily my trophies did not sync.

I then factory reset my PS3, synced trophies and then tried again. It did the same thing, wiping my 91% in favor of 1%. What is happening here? Is it not treating the digital and physical version as the same? If I want to keep my 91%, do I have to use the physical and not use the digital version? Does this happen with other physical/digital versions of titles?

To expand on what Joni said, there are two types of trophy data; "Offline" and "Online." If you recently formated your PS3 or switched hard drives all of the Offline data gets deleted. The Online trophy data is always on the server, so this is why it's recommended to sync your trophies before switching hard drives. When you play a game again it will have your trophies set to 0%. Syncing your trophies before playing won't fix this as there's no trophy data on the system for the online data to sync with. To fix this start the game so the trophy list installs on your PS3 and then sync your trophies, this will install the Offline data to the system which can then be synced with the server.

Offline trophy data will also never overwrite Online data.

Edit: also, I'm guessing Vanquish is showing up at the top because your PS3's trophy list is in Offline Mode and that automatically sorts by last game played, not last game you earned a trophy in.

Joni

Syncing before playing should fix it. I remember my first sync after setting up a new PS3 taking ages because it had to download all those Trophies. So you don't have to start the games.

Syncing before playing should fix it. I remember my first sync after setting up a new PS3 taking ages because it had to download all those Trophies. So you don't have to start the games.

I thought it might be a sync issue as well. I did factory reset my PS3 last night and then synced trophies before doing anything else. It took about 15-20 minutes to complete. After that I verified that I had the 91% in the offiline mode. I then installed the digital version of Vanquish and then when playing the 91% disappeared replaced by 1%. Right now my PS3 is offline, I'm afraid to attempt to sync the trophies again.

Faynwulf

Playing the Nathan Drake Collection and I really don't remember those Trophies being this exhausting when I first played the games.

oggob

I thought it might be a sync issue as well. I did factory reset my PS3 last night and then synced trophies before doing anything else. It took about 15-20 minutes to complete. After that I verified that I had the 91% in the offiline mode. I then installed the digital version of Vanquish and then when playing the 91% disappeared replaced by 1%. Right now my PS3 is offline, I'm afraid to attempt to sync the trophies again.

Update you profile at PSN Profiles, if Vanquish states 91% and check to see the time stamps on the trophies received, then that's what the PS Servers have...

Sync he PS3 in online mode and you should get your 91% back, then flick it to offline mode.

Don't worry about it, I've done the exact same thing a ton of times and it always reverts back to the original list after re-syncing. Some PS3 games just don't detect the old list when installing after a factory reset, so they install the trophy list over the old one for no good reason, even though the old one is still saved on the servers. All you need to do is manually re-sync the list by pressing triangle on the Trophy Collection icon and selecting Sync with Server.

NewDust

Whatever trophy data is on the server can't be overwritten. Even if your offline profile says 1% your save to sync your trophies. As a matter of fact, it could restore it to the correct percentage.

Don't worry about it, I've done the exact same thing a ton of times and it always reverts back to the original list after re-syncing. Some PS3 games just don't detect the old list when installing after a factory reset, so they install the trophy list over the old one for no good reason, even though the old one is still saved on the servers. All you need to do is manually re-sync the list by pressing triangle on the Trophy Collection icon and selecting Sync with Server.

This worked! A resync restored the correct percentage. I guess their must be a separate hidden area for trophy data that got wiped on a reset and does not restore with a normal sync.

netguy503

I have a question. Gamestop is having a increased trade in value until the 4th. They will give me $20 for my PS4 Minecraft story mode. Since I bought it w/ GCU for about $20 and I have no intention of keeping it (the episodes were way too short and this isnt a Telltale experience I want to replay again IMO) I thought this was a good way of getting my money back. My question is that there is one episode to go and I still want the plat so I was planning just to buy the last episode for $5 on PSN when it comes out BUT since I have the retail disc which seems to be the hub to access all the episodes will I still be able to download ep 5 as a separate download and still get the plat for the retail version. I have never done a telltale episode series this way so I'd like to know before I screw things up and I thought I have heard in the past that you need the first episode as a base to access the rest of the episodes. Thanks for any feedback.

A9xG3DY.gif

its been a while since I posted in one of these threads, but I am proud to say that I accomplished my trophy goal for 2015, and then some.

I originally wished to do 100 plats by the end of the year, but as fate had it, as of writing, I am at 110!

Hopefully, for December alone, I'll be high enough for a good ranking (though I know I'm nowhere near the top spot for the year)

oh well. Also, on a side note. Tearaway is a great game (just plattied last night) but fuck its stupid glitchy trophy system!

Goals for 2016:

-200 games 100% completed
-going back and getting the plats on a lot of games I skipped over (Batman: AK, the Japanese Arkham Asylum, AOTD:I, Dead Space, etc)
-trying to use the PSTV to score at least 1 platinum (either they dont work or the game freezes and corrupts)
-promised the sister we'd go back through the Uncharted Series with the NDC.

Does anyone have Playstation All Stars on Vita that could help me get the invite a friend/play a match trophy? I've tried twice with two different people already but we can't join each others party. Wanted to give this another go before I give up.

netguy503

Does anyone have Playstation All Stars on Vita that could help me get the invite a friend/play a match trophy? I've tried twice with two different people already but we can't join each others party. Wanted to give this another go before I give up.

I'll help you. I need some online trophies in that game too so if you help me that would be ace. PSN: Netguy503. Please let me know you are from here in the request. PSN is down right now unfortunately.

Joni

Platinum #122. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves on Vita. So I started the new year like I ended the last one, by hating Sucker Punch. I should really remind myself next time to keep more time between them, you know, when they inevatibly launch these game as PlayStation 2 Classics.

Nuke Soda

Got a super hard and totally not easy platinum trophy last night for The Order 1886. You guys have no idea how hard it was to go online and look up a guide and collect all the stupid trinkets I missed, it wasn't easy. ;)

Oh and my platinum count is now 5.

Earned my first platinum of 2016 in Call of Duty Black Ops 3. That was a long grind, but a pretty fun game, other than the grind for gun camos.

My trophy goal for 2016 is to earn at least 1 plat per month. I'd be happy with that. I'll never be able to get the amount of trophies to chart in the top 10 but I'm ok with that.

Next plat, Fallout 4.

netguy503

Got a super hard and totally not easy platinum trophy last night for The Order 1886. You guys have no idea how hard it was to go online and look up a guide and collect all the stupid trinkets I missed, it wasn't easy. ;)

Oh and my platinum count is now 5.

5 this month are 5 in total? If it's 5 this month, and the month is only 5 days in, good job. :)

netguy503

BTW guys, the PS Plus game for this month Patton IS the Vita version (which I guess regularly goes on the store for $29.99 lol) and has 8 gold trophies and ps3trophies.org has it as only a 7-10 hour plat.

Also, I found out last month and wanted to share that the new Treasure of Montezuma game buying it once entitles you to the PS3/PS4/ and Vita version and at least the PS4 and Vita versions included have SEPARATE TROPHY LISTS! I haven't confirmed this with the PS3 version but will be blown away if it's a separate trophy list there as well. That's alot of value for a, I believe, $5 game. I was stuck with only the Vita during my Christmas vacation so I was thrilled when I came back and installed it on my PS4 and the same trophies I got on my Vita started popping. That's the first game in awhile that has done that and I think all cross buy games should include that.

Consumer

Goat Simulator is both my first plat of 2016 and the game which propelled my trophy level to 20.
Side note:
Fuck that flappy goat trophy. I was an expert a Flappy Bird, easily scoring ~200, yet the trophy still took me ~20 mins.

Next up, AC Unity. Just gotta do the co-op and misc/collectible trophies. And holy fuck is the map littered with collectibles.
Still in the top 3 AC games.

Joni

BTW guys, the PS Plus game for this month Patton IS the Vita version (which I guess regularly goes on the store for $29.99 lol) and has 8 gold trophies and ps3trophies.org has it as only a 7-10 hour plat.
Unless you are European, in which case 'FUCK YOU. HERE IS A PSP GAME.'

Desmond

Finally going back to Borderlands 2, alternating between the Vita and PS3 versions. (If I plat this I may buy the PS4 version)

Anyone care to help me with the Revive trophy, and there may be a challenge related to trading? Or just wanna play co-op?

netguy503

Finally going back to Borderlands 2, alternating between the Vita and PS3 versions. (If I plat this I may buy the PS4 version)

Anyone care to help me with the Revive trophy, and there may be a challenge related to trading? Or just wanna play co-op?

I'll play it with you when you get the PS4 version.

Pogonip

Neo Member
I know this is a huge longshot but I'm (foolishly) trying to get the Platinum for Wipeout 2048 so it'll go along with my Wipeout HD Fury Platinum, and all that remains for me is the online trophies (and Rank 50 trophies that you can't get unless you level up to 50 by playing online).

The online is mostly dead except for the occasional weird time where there's enough players in the lobby, who are usually there anyways to boost the awful requirements to "pass" the event rather than play the multiplayer. It's ridiculously tough to do requirements like "Hit two specific people with weapons and Finish 1st" playing with randoms.

If anyone who has Wipeout 2048 here is willing or interested to help boost for those awful trophies, let me know. The minimum amount of people to start a game is 4 though, but the game is dead enough that it's likely we'd be the only people in the lobby.

Joni

I did this one during December. Tedious trophy list and a mediocre game.
I kinda disagree. It felt less tedious then most LEGO games, levels didn't require thousands of different characters for once. Chima for instance had that pointless open world so you couldn't find the next level. SHould really try to find the four I'm missing for Vita, Marvel Super Heroes, Batman 3, Shadow of Ronin and jurassic World to finish up the set.

Tapejara

Trying to grind out the last seven levels I need in Borderlands for the plat. It's pretty tedious work, especially because I've been playing it on PS Now and the input lag isn't too friendly. I think I still have it installed on my PS3 so I might as well just finish it up there.

I'm also hoping to get the Rainbow Six: Siege and Hardware Rivals platinums out of the way this month.

I kinda disagree. It felt less tedious then most LEGO games, levels didn't require thousands of different characters for once. Chima for instance had that pointless open world so you couldn't find the next level. SHould really try to find the four I'm missing for Vita, Marvel Super Heroes, Batman 3, Shadow of Ronin and jurassic World to finish up the set.

I actually preferred Chima, but I think that's because I liked the game being structured closer to a console LEGO game.

Returners

It's been so long since I've posted. No specific trophy goals for 2016.

Just wrapped Force Unleashed 2 platinum and DLC. Alternating between NG+ on Arkham Knight, Guitar Hero Live, AC Unity every given day. Probably going to tackle Ratchet Deadlocked next. Clearing out HDD space on my PS3.

Consumer

AC Unity co-op trophies are proving to be a pain in the ass -- my friends keep ditching me/losing interest. I wish I had more trophy hunting friends. Playing with random hunters is necessary sometimes, sure, but if my friends have the game, I'd rather play with them.

Oh well. The life of a trophy hunter is usually a solitary one. Guess I'll look for a PSNP gaming session.

Never knew there was a trophy thread on GAF. Guess i'll sign up :D

As always i've been juggling between a few games, but i'm mainly playing through FFXIII right now. Taking another attempt to sit through the game again after losing my save last year (dead ps3)

2016 will hopefully be the year of raising my completion percentage a bit. But it's hard with all the new games coming out...

Returners

AC Unity co-op trophies are proving to be a pain in the ass -- my friends keep ditching me/losing interest. I wish I had more trophy hunting friends. Playing with random hunters is necessary sometimes, sure, but if my friends have the game, I'd rather play with them.

Oh well. The life of a trophy hunter is usually a solitary one. Guess I'll look for a PSNP gaming session.

I'm actually doing them too and have the same problem. Hit me up.

Sapientas

I'd love to participate in this, didn't know there was a trophy community here in GAF.

I just need to post my PSN Profiles card here? Didn't see anything at the OP about it.

Haven't made much progress in Jan at all. Hooked playing Toukiden which is a crazy grind. Hoping to play AC Chronicles India next week but that has no plat.

Getting back on it a bit more this month. Will have the Rocket League plat within the next few days, and hopefully the Order plat before the end of the month. Then back to Fallout ;P

Joni

Reached level 34 through a combination of Tales From The Borderlands and PlayStation Vita Pets. They should get me to 15% with the remaining Trophies.

Fisty

Im off to a good start this month, finally finished up Dragon Age Inquisition + DLC, got the Alpha Protocol plat (might do a LTTP thread on it, absolutely wonderful game) and about to finish up Legends of War: Patton. I would highly recommend Patton for an easy plat this month, i started monday and Im on the final stretch now playing rather infrequently. Pretty decent TBS-lite, im having a bit of fun with it, and you cant beat free

Joni

Platinum 124 - Tales from the Borderlands. That was a fun ride. It is really one of their better games, especially with the humor.

Platinum 124 - Tales from the Borderlands. That was a fun ride. It is really one of their better games, especially with the humor.

I don't like the Borderland games, but i enjoyed this one. I'd even say it's on par with TWD S1.

Just got plat #99, Onechanbara Z2: Chaos. It was a mediocre game to be honest, but i had a blast playing through it. Perfect example of how a bad game can be fun to play.

One more until i reach that #100 milestone!

Top Bottom