• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | December 2015 - 100ft Robot Trophy Hunting

Hypron

How are the points calculated? On the October list my (Galtian) totals are almost all negative and I'm not on the November list at all.

Hypron

Sorry that's just the shitty spreadsheet messing up. Thankfully after this last month I can get a new one up and running. Also this reminds me I still need to sort the trophy cards...

All good, I was just wondering what the reason was :)

Joni

100% - Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star. It finally updated on PSN, turned out I only had 95% of the Trophies.
Funny, the games aren't automatically added to PSNProfiles, so there is now an 'Unknown' game on my profile.
And now, it is listed, but everything at 0% while showing all the Trophies as earned.

Platinumed Uncharted 1 and 2 thus month. Looking to play Uncharted 3 and finishing up Dragon Quest Heroes. Hopefully I can find a sale on Tales of Zesteria so that would be 4 plats this month.

Maybe I'll get Senran Kagura plat by the end of the month. Still need some grind :/
And I'll start Yakuza 5 next week, don't know if there are missable trophies, but I guess I'll have to beat the game several times for the plat anyway.

Tapejara

Anyone here have PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal? I need the Friendly Competition trophy but no one I know plays it anymore.

Tapejara

Minecraft.png

Minecraft PlayStation Vita Edition was my 41st platinum and my third one this month. Finally platinum'd all versions of Minecraft, but I'm debating whether or not I want to get the PS3 version to 100%.

My completion percentage is now 38.62%. I plan to finish up PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Resistance 3 and Godzilla (PS4) next, but I don't think those will be enough to propel me to 40% by the end of the year. Hopefully I can at least hit 39%.

Hypron

I just finished Until Dawn yesterday so I'm back to 100% completion:

Galtian.png

Very fun game, I played it with both my brothers and we all really enjoyed it. Platinuming wasn't really involved but I didn't mind. It's a lot like a movie and I wouldn't rewatch even my favourite movies more than 2/3 times in a short period of time.

I'm probably going to be playing The Binding of Isaac in the near future and finish everything on hard mode with all characters so that this is already out of the way for the 1001% trophy that'll probably get added with the next DLC...

JSoup

Banned
Tales from the Borderlands is turning out to be a great series and is made sweeter by the easy plat.

Joni

Minecraft.png

Minecraft PlayStation Vita Edition was my 41st platinum and my third one this month. Finally platinum'd all versions of Minecraft, but I'm debating whether or not I want to get the PS3 version to 100%.

My completion percentage is now 38.62%. I plan to finish up PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Resistance 3 and Godzilla (PS4) next, but I don't think those will be enough to propel me to 40% by the end of the year. Hopefully I can at least hit 39%.

Did it take long in gameplay hours? I'm thinking about starting it up.

Drayco21

Anyone here have PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal? I need the Friendly Competition trophy but no one I know plays it anymore.

All-Stars is one of my favorite games of the last generation- I keep meaning to reinstall it on my Vita for a second Platinum at it, and I think I'm missing that trophy there as well.

Tapejara

Did it take long in gameplay hours? I'm thinking about starting it up.

Yeah, one of the trophies requires that you play for 100 in-game days, which is ~33 hours. Every other trophy can be done quite easily, the only ones that could take some time are the End trophies, but those can be easily boosted if you find/know someone who has a world with those finished.

All-Stars is one of my favorite games of the last generation- I keep meaning to reinstall it on my Vita for a second Platinum at it, and I think I'm missing that trophy there as well.

Cool, let me know if you do reinstall it!

Joni

Yeah, one of the trophies requires that you play for 100 in-game days, which is ~33 hours. Every other trophy can be done quite easily, the only ones that could take some time are the End trophies, but those can be easily boosted if you find/know someone who has a world with those finished.

Cool, let me know if you do reinstall it!
That is a bit disappointing as one of the trophy Guides seemed to imply it would be less than ten. So that is one for next year.

Tapejara

That is a bit disappointing as one of the trophy Guides seemed to imply it would be less than ten. So that is one for next year.

Sorry, I totally forgot the PS3 version of Minecraft doesn't have that trophy in the core list, I thought you were asking about the Vita version. The PS3 version is a smaller list with lots of golds, but all of the other trophies from the PSV and PS4 lists got added as DLC, including the 33 hour trophy. In other words, the platinum for the PS3 version is doable in ten hours, but you likely won't get 100%.

I've still got it installed and need the multiplayer trophies. Add me on PSN: PrisonMikeScott

Friend request sent!

Joni

Sorry, I totally forgot the PS3 version of Minecraft doesn't have that trophy in the core list, I thought you were asking about the Vita version. The PS3 version is a smaller list with lots of golds, but all of the other trophies from the PSV and PS4 lists got added as DLC, including the 33 hour trophy. In other words, the platinum for the PS3 version is doable in ten hours, but you likely won't get 100%.
I'm on the Vita version so it is appreciated. PSTrophies grouped them all together in one forum, so it is hard to see what applies to which version.

LordofPwn

im at around 1710 points for dec right now. have surpassed my yearly goal of 500 trophies (570ish right now) passed my point total goal of 12.5k i'm at over 14k.

Still have some hanging plats i wanted to get to this year but i guess it'll help me on my journey next year.

my most bronze, silvers, golds, and platinums this year, and next year has a lot of great games on the Horizon.

Joni

100% - The Walking Dead: Season 2. Went with the bad ending. It is the one most likely to be the real start for season 3 anyway.

SamNW

Can someone help me get my SSD Ultra platinum? The last trophy I need is the shitty multiplayer one, and I don't have a Vita or second controller to do it myself.

I'd be super appreciative if someone could help me out.

LordofPwn

Shout out to OP for continuing these threads. If you have questions about the spreadsheet let me know. Well that is if you are still using the one I originally created.

LordofPwn

Haha still in use but it's being put down at the end of January. It's gotten so bad now that there's so many people and so many months to track but I know it inside out now so it's not too bad. Thank you for making it.

Nice. It needs automated through PSN Profiles or an API to track trophy totals per ID. That was the huge issue back when I took over, manual input and data retrieval. Sucked.

Joni

Platinum #120: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. It was a bit harder than I remember it being on PlayStation 3, seems like it just isn't terribly suited for the handheld. Which makes me a bit scared of starting the other Sly games. It makes 12 Platinum Trophies this year, meaning my goal to reach 150 next year is really steep.

Ledhead

I haven't done a ton of gaming this month, at least not enough to boost my trophy score. I do aim to polish off AC Syndicate as soon as I can, after which i'll tackle Until Dawn

Joni

Platinum #121: Sly 2 Band of Thieves. I hate that the names of the games don't match between Vita and PlayStation 3, just Sly 1 and Sly 2 doesn't seem as nice. Just wondering what to do next, do try Sly 3 or go for something else.

kevin1025

Banned
Just finished black ops 3 on realistic solo. Jesus. That last mission was tough.

That's wild! I've been working through on Hardened and am having a few rough patches so far, Realistic must have been nuts!

I'm also playing Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and that game is a blast. Plus it's handing out trophies like crazy!

Footos22

That's wild! I've been working through on Hardened and am having a few rough patches so far, Realistic must have been nuts!

I'm also playing Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and that game is a blast. Plus it's handing out trophies like crazy!

Yeah it says it's Brutal and unforgiving it aint wrong. Lol

Luckily most of it was OK. Sometimes it checkpoint in an area where it was impossible and I'll be in an endless death spiral as in dead before the screen even faded in The last mission courtyard was tough and in the end I just had to sprint, slide and pray to jesus after I got past the first section.

O didn't even realise coop campaign was an option so I could of saved myself bout 1000 deaths

I got Dark Souls 2 SOTFS plat today :v
And I got the hardest trophy in BF4 (Bomb Squad), or so they say... I didn't have much problem with it, just need a good vehicle and it's all good.

I'll clean Murasaki Baby tonight, but don't really like the game... It would be better if you could actually move the character with the button.

By the way, I'm looking for a coop partner for Rocketbird (vita). My PSN is phoenix9447

I got some time at work and managed to get in a bit of a rush right at the end of the year. God of War: Ascension, Transformers Devastation, and Tales from Space: Mutant Blibs attacked were all crossed off my list this week, with some other random trophies here and there. Hopefully it's enough to at least out me in the top 100.

Managed to platinum Dark Cloud just at the end of this month. Really terrible game. How Level 5 turned from that to quality games like Rogue Galaxy and Ni No Kuni I have no idea.

Fisty

One trophy away from my 6th plat this month, determined to take a top 20 spot!

FFVII
Finished up Dead Nation PS4
Life is Strange
Finished up Killzone Merc (finally 10k!)
Volume
GOW3 Remastered (my 9th GOW plat)

Joni

Done with story of wolfenstein, but those challenges will be trouble. I don't think I have enough enemies in the second one.

ColdPizza

Banned
I don't know how to join this group, but I usually only try to platinum games I really enjoy.

That being said, just finished up Batman: Arkham Knight this morning. Was a fun ride.

Joni

There is plenty. The second one is the hardest. Just make sure you get headshots and quickly.
That is a relief to hear. But there were only 32 in my walkthroughs for it, while the video's show 47 enemies. Going to try again tomorrow, today was time to start Sly 3.

Tapejara

Did some quick counting and I'll hopefully make it in the top 40-30 for this month. Three platinums (2x Minecraft + LEGO Ninjago Nindroids) and 164 total trophies for December. Even if I don't rank that high my trophy numbers have been going up, so I'm happy with that.

Have a happy New Years, TrophyGAF!

netguy503

I actually gave up (again) knowing I only had a a day or two left in the month(christmas break really screwed me but i value family/friends over trophies) so that gave me less desire to complete games and id rather have those games for next month's totals.

But I have a question (I've probably asked this before): what time does the OP decided when the trophy cut off is and what time zone does he decide that for? As midnight tonight my time is different then midnight tonight his time. I also know that these threads arent up until 1-2 weeks into the month so does he count scores up then right before he puts up a new thread or does he cut everyone off tonight at midnight (and again what timezone does he base that on)? I just want to know if I collect a trophy at say 12:01 PST tonight that that is counting for next month's total not this months. I know I should just play the games I want to play and this really isn't something that should matter but I want to win just one month of these threads. It's a goal of mine. Sadly it wont be this month and I'll probably be really low because I forced myself to stop playing the games I was lining up to plat and because of my vacation time.

Consumer

Won't be finishing 2015 with a nice 45 plat milestone, but 43 is still decent considering I began this year with like ~20. Next up for me is AC Unity, GoW 3, & Wolfenstein TNO.

Good luck & happy hunting to y'all in 2016. I implore you guys to set some 2016 trophy goals (and post them here). I find it helps keep motivation throughout the year.

My 2016 goals:
*43 --> 60 plats
*Top 1500 CA ranking
*Plat GoW collection
*Plat Jak collection
*Plat every AC game up to Unity
*Plat 3 vita games
*Plat 3 free PS+ games
(inb4 "not free")

Tapejara

Any of you guys on TrueTrophies? They sent me a yearly summary of my trophy hunting in 2015; I earned 1276 trophies, played 123 games and completed eleven games.

Since some of us were talking 2016 trophy goals I'll drop mine as well:

Hit 100 total platinums
Platinum #100 = Silent Hill 2 HD (the port is an abomination but I want a game that's special to me for #100)
Get the FF13 plat to round out the trilogy
1 plat a month
60% completion (eeeeh)

Joni

The dream would be 150 Platinums, which requires another 29. It is almost three a month so I think that is not completely realistic. I should be able to get my completion percentage to 65% and reach level 35.

NewDust

Didn't put a lot of eefort in December, but somehow ended up with around 100 tropies anyway... But I decided to start the new year with a bang! Fist platinum is in the bag. Had only one mp trophy for Driveclub Bikes left and with the servers being offline the past few days, I had to do it today :)

I've got a PS trophy question. I'm not sure if this behavior is unusual or happens all the time.

I played Vanquish on a disc on PS3 when it came out and got 91% of the trophies (still missing the last mission trophy). Here it is on my PS4 trophy dashboard.

9Dv1Rrq.jpg

I got the digital version through PS+ a while ago and I decided to fire it up again. When I was doing the tutorial sessions again, it started popping trophies again for me. When I exit out to the PS3 dashboard, instead of having 91% for Vanquish, I had 1%

e5EMWF4.jpg

Also notice how the order changed? Vanquish popped to the top of this list instead of being next to Wake-Up Club. Luckily my trophies did not sync.

I then factory reset my PS3, synced trophies and then tried again. It did the same thing, wiping my 91% in favor of 1%. What is happening here? Is it not treating the digital and physical version as the same? If I want to keep my 91%, do I have to use the physical and not use the digital version? Does this happen with other physical/digital versions of titles?

Top Bottom