• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Nintendo Direct" announcement: New Super Mario Bros 2 DLC [¥200 for pack of 3 maps]

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Isn't it 200 yen per pack of levels, and each pack consists of an unknown number of stages, of which 3 are randomly selected for play?

Or am I wrong?
Wrong according to Cheesemeister. 3 packs and each pack only contains 3 levels.

Velcro Fly

The more I hear about this the more I like it.

Hoping they are still working hard on future DLC. Much rather spend a few dollars every month or two on NSMB2 DLC than on crappy games or WoW.

cacildo

Well, the thing is, there was no need to make it a "nintendo direct"

Just the usual text images video on a wednesday afternoon would be more then enough to spread the news

braves01

Banned
The more I hear about this the more I like it.

Hoping they are still working hard on future DLC. Much rather spend a few dollars every month or two on NSMB2 DLC than on crappy games or WoW.

Hopefully it's like Layton and we get a new pack of these every month. Then again, Layton's free.

Medalion

Banned
I love this new Iwata-Andross thing they got going on

There were some levels in that video that made me almost excited to play NSMB2 again... almost

That Bullet Bill level especially wow

watershed

Banned

Just the usual text images video on a wednesday afternoon would be more then enough to spread the news

I believe Nintendo called this a chotto Nintendo Direct or a "small Nintendo Direct". They've done it before for individual games like Brain Training and some others. People should have known what to expect though it was poorly advertised.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
@Cheesemeister3k
#NintendoDirectJP #NSMB2 DLC accessible from the Shop button on the bottom of the Coin Rush mode menu. Won't appear until SpotPass is read.

@Cheesemeister3k
#NintendoDirectJP #NSMB2 DLC course designs are based in part on Club Nintendo survey responses. Packs to be released in JP 10/2, 200y each.

@Cheesemeister3k
#NintendoDirectJP #NSMB2 The SpotPass message to activate the Shop button will arrive by mid-day on 10/2. Next sets end/Oct. and end/Nov.

@Cheesemeister3k
#NintendoDirectJP #NSMB2 Further DLC information will be posted on the website. That's it!

Velcro Fly

I'll for sure gobble up the first offering, and then I'll base future DLC purchases on how satisfied I was with previous DLC. If the first round of DLC is great, I'll definitely spring for the new stuff. If not, then I won't.

GWX

Nintendo calls everything "Nintendo Direct" nowadays. They did presentations for single games before, too, so it's not surprising.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hyperbole aside, I'm not too fond of the DLC route Nintendo seems to be adopting. Oh, well.

What route? They made a complete game then decided to make some more levels for it after it was done. "Oh no, they made more game for me to buy." People have wanted this kind of shit from Nintendo games for a decade. Now we have it, and ABLUHU

3 levels seem like bullshit

Nintendo wants to charge more for their content, understandably, than what is the norm for micotransactions. I just think that they need to put more content/value into it.

Who wants to buy 3 levels? That's like <10 min. of value. I wouldn't even want to waste my time downloading them.

blamite

Awesome, I'll buy all of it. :lol

I bought NSMB2 on a whim, not expecting that much, and I've got to admit, even though it's more of the same, it's awesome. Great game for DLC, too. It's a shame they'll only add the new stages to Coin Ruch, though.

Nintendo wants to charge more for their content, understandably, than what is the norm for micotransactions. I just think that they need to put more content/value into it.

Who wants to buy 3 levels? That's like <10 min. of value. I wouldn't even want to waste my time downloading them.

I'd rather it be a world of levels for, say, $4. This isn't interesting to me at all.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/abej/direct20120928/index.html

Polygon Iwata is going to tell us about NSMB2 DLC. First group consists of 3 packs.
Pack 1: Go! Go! Gold Mario Pack. 3 courses, up to 30k coins. 2: Challenge the Record Pack A. Top WW scores on HP. Pack 3: Survival Panic Pack, for experts only. DLC packs are not random, but fixed 3 stages each.
DLC accessible from the Shop button on the bottom of the Coin Rush mode menu. Won't appear until SpotPass is read.
DLC course designs are based in part on Club Nintendo survey responses. Packs to be released in JP 10/2, 200 yen each.
The SpotPass message to activate the Shop button will arrive by mid-day on 10/2. Next sets to be released at the end of Oct. and the end of Nov.
Further DLC information will be posted on the website. That's it!

zroid

Banned
I guess when I regularly see costume DLC sell for $2 that makes it hard for me to be offended by 3 awesome levels for the same price.

Foffy

Banned
Hyperbole aside, I'm not too fond of the DLC route Nintendo seems to be adopting. Oh, well.

Weren't these levels developed after the game went...for lack of a better word here, gold? Like, I don't mind post-game stuff if it's seriously post-game stuff. FF XIII-2 is precisely a game that does additional content terribly, as you can see where the holes are in the title for add-on stuff. In New Super Mario Bros 2, all of that extra stuff isn't even accessed in the normal game.

RagnarokX

0ysPK.jpg

Bundle?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

If they were main-mode levels, sure. They're coin rush. They're designed for score attack. You're supposed to replay them for a long time, not "beat them then stop."

Top Bottom