• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Nintendo Direct" announcement: New Super Mario Bros 2 DLC [¥200 for pack of 3 maps]

hachi

Banned
I'm pretty sure there are only two levels you can start with if you want to hit 30k.

And I've been playing Coin Rush quite a lot but still haven't reached 30k. But I never look up hints or exploits online, so evidently I'm not in on the trick(s) everyone is using.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
And I've been playing Coin Rush quite a lot but still haven't reached 30k. But I never look up hints or exploits online, so evidently I'm not in on the trick(s) everyone is using.
Only DLC I've bought were Uncharted 2 maps, Motorstorm 2 tracks and Singstar songs. Always felt good. Good DLC = good.

D-e-f-

Banned
Yeah I can see Nintendo doing this to keep their evergreen software, more evergreen!

Animal Crossing could be the one title though that Nintendo nickel and dime consumers with as you could potentially sell almost anything in an AC world. $2 for 4 new towns people! $5 for 100k in in-game currency. $7 for upgrades to buildings. Endless DLC.

Excatly.

I'm afraid of what could happen with Smash Bros.

You didn't read Iwata's comments regarding DLC then, right? Nintendo is not Capcom.

They're still shelling out free Animal Crossing Wii updates. I can see why it's easy to immediately jump to the cynical conclusions and raise hell but I strongly believe they're not straight up lying to people when they say they're not into the nickel-and-dime game. There has been zero evidence to the contrary so far.

braves01

Banned

Yeah I was that way too up until like 600k or so. I probably wouldn't have resorted to the tricks if were actually getting some street passes, but I got tired of just competing against myself and wanted to hit 1 mil. However...

In the community thread someone found another way to get 30k really quickly that's even shorter than the other tricks so I might try for 9,999,999 now, especially since that 30k coin pack or whatever it's called is part of the DLC.

I just tried the method in the video above, if you want to get 1 mil. with the bare minimum amount of effort/skill that is the way to do it.

Amir0x

Banned
I knew Nintendo would adopt it eventually, but man if it was a Mario game I actually wanted that was doing this, I'd really wait hard for impressions of those maps... I'd be pissed off if I paid $2 for three maps as boring and brain-dead easy as 2/3 of the New Super Mario Bros. games are. $2 isn't a lot of money, but I'd rather spend it on a fucking redbox film if the content is going to be dick-holdingly simplistic, ya know?

F#A#Oo

Banned
I knew Nintendo would adopt it eventually, but man if it was a Mario game I actually wanted that was doing this, I'd really wait hard for impressions of those maps... I'd be pissed off if I paid $2 for three maps as boring and brain-dead easy as 2/3 of the New Super Mario Bros. games are. $2 isn't a lot of money, but I'd rather spend it on a fucking redbox film if the content is going to be dick-holdingly simplistic, ya know?

Have you seen the footage for ***** difficulty?

Top Bottom