• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEEP DOWN - PS4 Exclusive, Random Dungeons+Monsters, Online Only play @ TGS

Edit: Youtube vs Youtube footage.

TGS
NwnB7Pb.jpg

c26UL0F.jpg

NXl02Xt.jpg

CUA4Tum.jpg

OWv2mIi.jpg

cYwLEdw.jpg

RJcqlZm.jpg

eFVG3qu.jpg

wXUmkWu.jpg

HOy6iu0.jpg

gSUfPwu.jpg

aPeVQR0.jpg

37j9RmC.jpg

0HIQLGv.jpg

iiuh3tM.jpg

0a9apww.jpg

QPulPoC.jpg

February Reveal

Troll

Banned
Someone needs to update the exclusive list for the PS4 on that one thread. Add Deep Down and whatever else was announced at the presser. Hurry!! List wars are serious guys.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I validate that answer :p
For the animation i don't know, this could be the difference between a choregraphed scene where the dragon was always moving and doing stuff, versus gameplay where he is "waiting" for the player to play. But i mean maybe at some point he's doing the exact same thing you know.

It may just not have AI yet or could act differently depending on the scenario. From what was shown, the animation isn't at the same level.

I mentioned earlier that some of the intricate details in the environment are gone but I think that's likely due to the procedural nature of the level design instead of a hardware or engine limitation. Based on this showing and considering it seems more like a side project to test out the engine and it's the first game from the engine and it's on a new platform, I have confidence that visuals pretty close to that reveal trailer are going to be possible this gen just not with this game.

KKRT00

This is only based on what I can make out so forgive me if I'm wrong. Models, lighting, and motion blur seem exactly the same, fire is similar but not quite at the level of the trailer, and animation isn't in the same league. I had always expected the animation to not be reflective of the game so they seem to have gotten pretty close on a technical level. I'm also impressed that the framerate seems smooth in the higher quality video, which hasn't been the case from Capcom games in a long time. AA is likely post process since the high contrast edges are where it gives out. Normal edges seem relatively smooth. Maybe MLAA?

Lighting looks worse in scenes with lights going into the cave and fire doesnt lit up environments as good as in reveal.
Shadowing is much lower res than in reveal.
Dragon has worse textures and shaders than in reveal.
Lack of per object motion blur.
Environment geometry in dragon scene is much worse, also textures are worse.
Dragon's fire is much lower res, is much lower density and precision and has less sparks flying around the main fire than in reveal.
Bokeh seems to be lower res, especially in scenes from future seem to have quite low resolution bokeh.

We need more high quality footage to really judge everything, especially character models and geometry.

Soi-Fong

The game is still in fucking development. You guys seriously need to chill with judging the game based off early footage.

this is the first time i'm hearing about this, so let me get this straigth: you knew it was another memory-bs story from seeing the teaser?

Absolutely. There were static flashes all over the place, and it ended with a computer console and the sound of a helicopter.

I called it in the first teaser thread though I think there were others. The signs were pretty obvious.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Lighting looks worse in scenes with lights going into the cave and fire doesnt lit up environments as good as in reveal.
Dragon's fire is much lower res, is much lower density and precision and has less sparks flying around the main fire than in reveal.
Bokeh seems to be lower res, especially in scenes from future seem to have quite low resolution bokeh.

We need more high quality footage to really judge everything, especially character models and geometry.

I disagree on some points but like I said, it's just from what I can tell from a quick look over the Youtube footage we have. I'm not exactly confident that my observations are accurate. I couldn't even make out DoF in this footage.

Online only and Random Dungeons are really killing my interests.

It has DS gameplay elements, but is more like MH in purpose I suppose.

It is very clearly a downgrade from the February reveal, however it still looks gorgeous.

The creators of the trailer clearly knew this, since they cut the trailer in such a way to make it difficult to get a good understanding of the graphics.

Vizzeh

Banned
Breathing taking graphics tbh, this will look great on a direct feed...

I would also add to the plays likes Darksouls, assassins Creed....Deadspace!! the messed up enemies.

The game is still in fucking development. You guys seriously need to chill with judging the game based off early footage.
Nobody ever says this when early judgments are positive.

Edit: On second thought, I have, regarding this game and the Division, expecting downgrades on both. So, I'll just shut up then ;P

KKRT00

I disagree on some points but like I said, it's just from what I can tell from a quick look over the Youtube footage we have. I'm not exactly confident that my observations are accurate. I couldn't even make out DoF in this footage.

Almost every scene in future is with DoF in the trailer - 0:17, 0:54
Freeze at 1:38 and look at the floor, few second later You have also transition with high DoF.
Look at the shadows in 1:42, there was nothing with such shadow resolution in reveal.

Orca

Doesn't look as good as the original 'footage' of it, but I'm interested. I'm hoping for something similar to Demon/Dark Souls but with better online options.

Wouldn't according to that logic the reveal footage have to look the worst?

The reveal footage was running on an high end PC (Capcom released their tech documentations about that one). But I still think the final game won't look as good as the inital trailer.

You can't make all of those judgements based off of that low quality video. I mean come on...

Or have you seen a video of a higher quality? If so, where?

Unlike the original reveal trailer, this now looks like what I can imagine a game you can play looking like.

Dark Souls (and Demon's Souls) greatest strength is its level design.

I have nothing against a random dungeon crawler, but it can never be a Souls game (or vice versa).

To me it's greatest strengths were the combat and the boss battles. I never thought the level design was superior, it was the kind of encounters you had with players and enemies that worked.

weevles

I think we're still too early to make hard judgments on this. What I want to see is the gameplay in action.

SkylineRKR

The reveal footage was running on an high end PC (Capcom released their tech documentations about that one). But I still think the final game won't look as good as the inital trailer.

You can only do so much with the Ps4 hardware, the feb reveal was looking ridiculously good. Way too good for what this console has under the hood. Maybe years down this gen they can unleash some magic but not within in its early years I reckon.

chris0701

Why people still claim they need better HQ video for final judgement ?

Even 360p youtube video of reveal trailer showed tangible visual eye-candy over this TGS one.

I once assumed Feb revel trailer was done on PS4 dev kit, too. Did Capcom really announce techical stuff to show first trailer was done on high-end PC ?

Kinyou

Yeah, I still think it's fair to make the comparison, after all did Capcom sell it us as something that we can expect on the PS4.

I am not sure why the seem to have released the trailer in such bad quality. To be honest, the gameplay footage looks much nicer. Lighting and textures look excellent, and the dragon battle looks stunning. Also the animations are very good. They have a good amount of weight and momentum to them.

RoyalFool

Banned
It's worth taking into account if the first demo was "real" then it would have been running off half the ram the current system has, so if anything the demo should have looked better in this presentation, yet clearly things have been scaled back or cut altogether.

It's a kick in the balls, but the fact we are still all arguing over it shows it's clearly not a drastic enough change for everybody to spot it.

Would love the HD feed to prove me wrong when they release it (if they release it). Maybe the falling debris in the cave is triggered by an event etc.

From the comparisons posted above I see a very clear downgrade in visuals. Still looks great if you ask me, but nowhere close to the February unveil. Like someone said... it was probably running on high end PCs with a GTX680 or equivalent.

eXistor

Wow, talk about disappointing...This game went from "most anticipated" to "wait and see" in a heartbeat. Online only? Randomly generated dungeons? 2094 future shit? The game has its work cut out for it, if it wants to convince me it's worth my time. I hate next-gen's insistence on playing online all the time.

ethomaz

Banned
From the comparisons posted above I see a very clear downgrade in visuals. Still looks great if you ask me, but nowhere close to the February unveil. Like someone said... it was probably running on high end PCs with a GTX680 or equivalent.
February reveal was running in a GTX 570 + Core i7... Capcom confirmed that.

No, they still maintain to this day AFAIK that it was PS4.

I don't think this will end up matching the fidelity of that initial reveal ever in this kind of setting. Procedurally generated levels/assets, in what looks like a P2P style coop game will never measure up to hand crafted levels and assets.

February reveal was running in a GTX 570 + Core i7... Capcom confirmed that.

It is not that big a deal, it was just a tech demo, like the Agni Philosophy demo which was running on a PS4 dev apparently. Really, it is blooming annoying that they scaled back the visuals, but everybody seemed to be expecting it initially, and it has obviously come to pass. I still think the gameplay demo looks very nice though. Especially the tornado spell vs the dragon.

Top Bottom