• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

16 Minutes of Quantum Break [Actual Extended] New Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
That whole game-play was staged and slow... its basically beyond two souls, heavy rain a-like.

tumblr_mckuavN2fS1r8vjbro1_400.gif

Servbot24

Banned
this is the most "next gen" looking game I've seen so far -- and it's on xbox one. I guess I don't fully understand how hardware works or what that generic term "power" means.

The is the flashiest one yet but Order definitely has higher quality assets. Just goes to show what good art direction can accomplish.

Jobbs

Banned
Am sorry but just no, just no

You are trying to sneakily say that the Xbox One shows more power than the PS4

Uncharted 4 teaser and The Order as an earlier game title is far much better looking than QB.

QB looks very clean and there is no hands on play for this game, so as far as we know, this is not the final product

I'm not trying to say anything. I'm a PS4 fan and buy all the multiplats on it. My Xbox One has collected dust for the past 8 months.

I'm telling you outright this is the most impressive console game I've seen in terms of overall presentation. Uncharted 4 can come be compared once they have some gameplay to show. I don't care about a 10 second cutscene they spent weeks on for E3. I want gameplay. Then we'll see.

Gamer345

Banned
I'm not trying to say anything. I'm a PS4 fan and buy all the multiplats on it. My Xbox One has collected dust for the past 8 months.

I'm telling you outright this is the most impressive console game I've seen in terms of overall presentation. Uncharted 4 can come be compared once they have some gameplay to show. I don't care about a 10 second cutscene they spent weeks on for E3. I want gameplay. Then we'll see.

Oh my bad

I thought you meant graphics wise, because I could even call in Infamous SS looks as good as QB

Hoje0308

Banned
The is the flashiest one yet but Order definitely has higher quality assets. Just goes to show what good art direction can accomplish.

And a gameplay video that actually looks fun. Fingers crossed about The Order, as I have the CE paid for.
Yikes!

Jobbs

Banned
Oh my bad

I thought you meant graphics wise, because I could even call in Infamous SS looks as good as QB

if you're examining only the fidelity of the textures and that sort of thing, then sure, but this is featuring all kinds of crazy effects on top of that unlike anything I've seen before. it's the reason I say it's the most "next gen" looking game I've seen so far.

It also has an incredible, dreamy ambience contributed to not just by the art design but the sound design. I'm definitely going to be watching this one closely. the potential to tell a great story with this time thing and all of that incredible ambience is very high.

OryoN

Currently the most impressive looking game I've seen on current consoles(not counting games with highly stylized visuals, since they're hard to directly compare). Original, I felt The Order 1886 held that title, but what I've just seen of Quantum Break raises the bar notably. Not only are the characters - in QB - and their animations very detailed(the main thing that wowed me most about The Order), but it has so much more going for it collectively than anything I've seen thus far. Extremely detailed environments, impressive lighting, really great realtime physics(fast too, not floaty), insane particle effects and the most incredible destruction effects I've seen to date(both scripted and dynamic). I said wow!

klaus

I see this has become the "which PS4 game looks the most impressive" thread. Nice derailing job there. Oh and good to know people are not insecure or anything, honestly!

PS: QB looks spectacular, really looking forward to it!

That platforming and using the car against the boss made this game look much better than it did at Gamescom. I was disappointed highly at GC, as this is my 2nd most anticipated Xbox 1 title, but this video redeems my hope in it.

I can't say which looks best technically and it doesn't matter. The game looks good im a play it. this gen is only getting started. Can't wait to see where we go

VanWinkle

Finally got around to watching this...WOW! That was incredible! Just an absolute pleasure to watch. Got me really hyped.

Visuals were really nice, too, and I loved that they seemed to use realtime cutscenes.

Uncharted 4 teaser and The Order as an earlier game title is far much better looking than QB.

QB looks very clean and there is no hands on play for this game, so as far as we know, this is not the final product

Look at the way you are trying to ram it down his throat, so patronising

I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of this shit on here

Damn that looks great. Loving the gameplay. Right up may alley.
Now i only need an Xboxone... This game is getting me closer to actually buying one, one day.

leadbelly

Banned
Reading comments over the last two pages, I don't think people are paying close attention to the details of the combat...

..or maybe some people play at a really simple level even when games offer some very cool strategy possibilities?

First of all, they're comments based on the demo. Maybe the speed in which the bar builds back up (it seems to build up fast) and the challenge of the enemies is such that a definite strategy is really needed in the final game.

That said, you can freeze enemies completely in their tracks, rendering them powerless (and ultimately harmless) to your attack. Sure, you could concoct some elaborate way of killing enemies and pretend to yourself that makes you somehow more 'advanced' than other players, but when you can freeze enemies, making them completely unable to defend themselves, it seems to me that would be in itself the most effective and efficient way of approaching it in terms of strategy.

I am presuming by 'simple level' you really mean finding the most elaborate ways possible of killing the enemy. It is more like taking a magnifying glass to an ants nest though, than a necessary form of strategy.

That's not to say it can't be fun however.

First of all, they're comments based on the demo. Maybe the speed in which the bar builds back up (it seems to build up fast) and the challenge of the enemies is such that a definite strategy is really needed in the final game.

That said, you can freeze enemies completely in their tracks, rendering them powerless (and ultimately harmless) to your attack. Sure, you could concoct some elaborate way of killing enemies and pretend to yourself that makes you somehow more 'advanced' than other players, but when you can freeze enemies, making them completely unable to defend themselves, it seems to me that would be in itself the most effective and efficient way of approaching it in terms of strategy.

I am presuming by 'simple level' you really mean finding the most elaborate ways possible of killing the enemy. It is more like taking a magnifying glass to an ants nest though, than necessary form of strategy.

There is more than one type of enemy and other enemies that can move when time freezes as shown in the video.

And that's just what they've shown us. You don't know what else there is in store. Unless you've played the rest of the game.and can give us some into.

leadbelly

Banned
There is more than one type of enemy and other enemies that can move when time freezes as shown in the video.

And that's just what they've shown us. You don't know what else there is in store. Unless you've played the rest of the game.and can give us some into.

I did actually mention that in previous posts. However, I realised, looking at it again, you can freeze those enemies also. Perhaps it is only for a short period of time. They do seem more challenging anyway.

My initial impression anyway was that it seems like a press-to-win button when fighting standard enemies. It looks kind of cool, but that is kind of what it is.

sinnergy

As far a special effects and the seamless integration of story telling, camera moves, no use of CGI, it is the next-gen-next-gen I have seen.

And the manipulation of objects, they way they warp, break and move etc, it is on another level. Manipulation of shaders and textures is awesome.

It's the whole package that looks next-gen.
Just shows that if you have a creative team and you work to 1 goal that anything is possible even on a machine that is 40 or 50% less on paper than your competitors are working on.

creativity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> raw power.

Everything in this video wowed me like the first time seeing Gears of War run.

Awesome job Remedy,

abadguy

Banned
Look at the way you are trying to ram it down his throat, so patronising

I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of this shit on here

Some people feel the need to inject console warz bullshit into everything and yeah it gets very annoying.

Whatever though, game is looking amazing on all fronts. But what i am waiting for them to show is gameplay of the other two playable characters.

martino

if you're examining only the fidelity of the textures and that sort of thing, then sure, but this is featuring all kinds of crazy effects on top of that unlike anything I've seen before. it's the reason I say it's the most "next gen" looking game I've seen so far.

It also has an incredible, dreamy ambience contributed to not just by the art design but the sound design. I'm definitely going to be watching this one closely. the potential to tell a great story with this time thing and all of that incredible ambience is very high.

And most of all it shows gameplay , mechanics and diversity in possibilities / situation using them !

jet1911

This looks so good. The combat part wasn't extremely exciting but the whole "time bubble" platforming was great. Incredible art design. <3 Remedy.

Gurish

Oh my bad

C'mon man, I have only a PS4 so you can't blame me for being biased, and I have platinumed I:SS and it's not even close, fidelity is on a different level (after all it is open world against very linear and cinematic/scripted experience)

The Order is a different story and it's an open debate, but not I:SS, give me a break.

rokkerkory

As far a special effects and the seamless integration of story telling, camera moves, no use of CGI, it is the next-gen-next-gen I have seen.

And the manipulation of objects, they way they warp, break and move etc, it is on another level. Manipulation of shaders and textures is awesome.

It's the whole package that looks next-gen.
Just shows that if you have a creative team and you work to 1 goal that anything is possible even on a machine that is 40 or 50% less on paper than your competitors are working on.

creativity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> raw power.

Everything in this video wowed me like the first time seeing Gears of War run.

Awesome job Remedy,

+1 here

This is why videogames rock

EvB

It looked awesome when they showed this at gamescom. It looked too good.

Have DF analysed this trailer ?

FordGTGuy

Banned

Uh... of course it isn't the final product...

The final product will look better.

The Order is a corridor game with black bars and Uncharted 4 is way off.

derFeef

My only complaints I have so far are some of the animations, especially for the platforming and "time spell" parts. But that can be ironed out by next year. Anything else looks amazing.

HUGE step-up from Alan Wake:

Transitions from cutscene to gameplay.
Character models, like holy moly.
UI.

Gurish

Uh... of course it isn't the final product...

The final product will look better.

The Order is a corridor game with black bars and Uncharted 4 is way off.

Well from what we've seen up until this point QB seems to be "a corridor shooter" as well, it's very linear, maybe The Order is even linear but not by much that you can call one game "corridor shooter" and the other not.

And i don't understand what black bars has to do with anything.

abadguy

Banned
I really dislike how "linear" seems to be considered a "bad thing" now a days or some sort of dirty word. Not every game needs to be open world. There were plenty great games that led you on a focused path and there will be plenty more.

djshauny

Banned
I really dislike how "linear" seems to be considered a "bad thing" now a days or some sort of dirty word. Not every game needs to be open world. There were plenty great games that led you on a focused path and there will be plenty more.

This.

The game looks stunning in every way.

Pachimari

What's up with all of these bumps of old threads in recent weeks? I haven't seen this many old bumps as I do at the moment in the decade I have been registered here.

Anyway, this game makes me wanna go get the PC version of Alan Wake.

You didn't see the Uncharted 4 gameplay from Playstation Experience event?

Edit : N/M. Sorry, didn't notice date at first and didn't realize this was a neco-bumped thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom