• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Customization Thread | For the Love of Nintendo...

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
OMG I need Nintendo to restock those plates...

Chorazin

FUCK YES FUCK YES.

Nintendo keeps your cart tracked across all your logins. I had Boo and Power Up in my cart before they removed the ability to add them to your cart. All night I've, when I remembered to, hit submit to see if I would get lucky....

TOTALLY JUST CHECKED OUT AND GOT BOTH!!

This might mean they'll be listing the again ASAP, or some orders got cancelled and the system released them, I dunno. But keep refreshing the store page folks!

Fuck yes, awesome end to the day!

tiijj

It's probably not the cancelled ones. They shipped it really fast and it's not easy to cancel. I tried to cancel my order but they already shipped it, they haven't even gotten back to me.

Chorazin

It's probably not the cancelled ones. They shipped it really fast and it's not easy to cancel. I tried to cancel my order but they already shipped it, they haven't even gotten back to me.

Yeah, the Kanji plate I scored earlier already shipped too. I'm sure someone here would take the plates off your hands if you really don't want them. 😊

nickerous

How do I order something off Amazon japan? There is a clear faceplate on there that could be used to create custom face plates...

How do I order something off Amazon japan? There is a clear faceplate on there that could be used to create custom face plates...

Note that most game stuff on Amazon.jp can't be exported internationally, so if you want something that isn't available you'll need a hook-up in Japan or use a forwarding service like Tenso

Chorazin

Yessssss, Boo and Power Up shipped!! I worried all day that my order going through was an error and they'd cancel it. So fucking stoked!

New 3DS Kisekae Plate No. 071 (Mario Hanafuda Playing Cards)

24457285685_0d43d4bc60_z.jpg

kaioshade

Yessssss, Boo and Power Up shipped!! I worried all day that my order going through was an error and they'd cancel it. So fucking stoked!

Congrats! missed mine by a hair. Hopefully they can restock soon.

I am now convinced they do this shit intentionally for artificial scarcity, or they really are that fucking stupid.

Chorazin

Love that one!

Congrats! missed mine by a hair. Hopefully they can restock soon.

I am now convinced they do this shit intentionally for artificial scarcity, or they really are that fucking stupid.

Man, I'm going with stupid. How can they not see the plates selling on Amazon at inflated prices?

I'm still freaking shocked they put up the three most wanted plates. Never expected to see that!

Bad News: All three of the rare plates have been removed from the Nintendo Store. =(

I had setup an alert to be notified if the Boo Plates page ever changed, so I got all excited when I got the notification today. Unfortunately it was because it had been deleted. Sigh.

Chorazin

Bad News: All three of the rare plates have been removed from the Nintendo Store. =(

I had setup an alert to be notified if the Boo Plates page ever changed, so I got all excited when I got the notification today. Unfortunately it was because it had been deleted. Sigh.

I feel even more lucky now to have actually gotten one, it sucks for everyone else who really wanted one. Looks like scalper prices will continue to rise. :(

toa95

Man, sorry to hear about the pages going down... I debated ordering two boo plates but I knew they'd be limited so I only picked up one, kinda wish I grabbed two so I could have raffled one off on here or something... Here's hoping they do put them up again at some point.

kaioshade

Man, sorry to hear about the pages going down... I debated ordering two boo plates but I knew they'd be limited so I only picked up one, kinda wish I grabbed two so I could have raffled one off on here or something... Here's hoping they do put them up again at some point.

This is NOA. Their customers want an item, so theyre going to do their best to make sure they give the middle finger to them instead of an item they clearly see being scalped the shit out of...

toa95

This is NOA. Their customers want an item, so theyre going to do their best to make sure they give the middle finger to them instead of an item they clearly see being scalped the shit out of...

I wish we could be more optimistic but... Like you said, this is NOA.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
With the Boo plates gone for good I guess I'll now turn my attention to the Mario Maker and Hanafuda plates on Amazon instead.

Chorazin

Should be getting Kanji, the two Kawaii, and the Monster Hunter 4 Yian Kut-Ku plates today. Boo and Power Up tomorrow, Hello Kitty on Sunday (the GF got a suspiciously cover plate feeling package from Amazon the other day, and I had it on my wishlst....)

I have a problem.
WHICH ONE TO PUT ON EACH WEEK?!?

With the Boo plates gone for good I guess I'll now turn my attention to the Mario Maker and Hanafuda plates on Amazon instead.

Mario Maker is still in stock with Nintendo:

Hanafuda is totally worth tracking down, I love mine.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
We should totally figure out some sort of cover plate trading ring where we can swap plates when we get tired of them. For instance, I dunno if I'm gonna use my Splatoon plates ever again, and I'd love to swap 'em for another design.

tiijj

The Zelda plate is probably the best looking except for some minor things like the white/light side that wasn't painted properly and it's kinda smooth, too smooth that it's sometimes hard to grip. I gotta admit I have tons of cover plates that I haven't even opened since the zelda plate is the one always attach. I'm not even sure why I keep on buying those, damn nintendo and my weak will LOL.

I'm really frustrated with this cover plate nonsense. I've been searching months for the Boo plate at a price that isn't a rip-off. And of course people have thrown up their Boo and Power Up plates on eBay for insane prices.

Hate how anything Nintendo is bounced on with scalpers and sold for ridiculous prices.

I'm really frustrated with this cover plate nonsense. I've been searching months for the Boo plate at a price that isn't a rip-off. And of course people have thrown up their Boo and Power Up plates on eBay for insane prices.

Hate how anything Nintendo is bounced on with scalpers and sold for ridiculous prices.
Have you tried Yahoo Japan Auctions? That's where I got mine for pretty close to retail.

Chorazin

4PHwqAK.jpg

My haul from the past two days!

I have the Black version of the MonHun 4U plate ordered, and that's pretty much it from the old stuff.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Ohhh....my god. That's amazing.

Edit: interesting, I remember seeing the pink hello kitty character one on the site but they've wedged in the Disney one between it and the Pokemon sprites one. Makes me wonder if the pink one was always marked as #76 and nobody noticed the gap.

tiijj

Ohhh....my god. That's amazing.

Edit: interesting, I remember seeing the pink hello kitty character one on the site but they've wedged in the Disney one between it and the Pokemon sprites one. Makes me wonder if the pink one was always marked as #76 and nobody noticed the gap.

When it was announced it was as no. 76. I believe most people were aware that they will soon announce 73, 74, & 75 or before No 76's release date.

Also amazon jp has it.

No. 73
No. 74
No. 75

Top Bottom