• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Customization Thread | For the Love of Nintendo...

Hey does anyone else here have the felt Mario Cover Plate? I think I got something on it and need to clean it, is just water and soap going to be the best way to go about it. Once taken off the 3DS of course :p

rpmurphy

Ashley theme on both of my 3DS's for today!

Although the NA version does not have Ashley's voice on the intro, which sucks.

ramparter

Banned
Just saw this on NoE twitter https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/661468377773305856

Don't if it has been shown before, one of the best I've seen.

CS4B_BoUEAI6ts3.png:large

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Here's the cover plates I decided on when purchasing my N3DS back in September, Isabelle face not included.

t4U8gfgl.jpg

OIxYT8Pl.jpg

klx61hCl.jpg

GWhqI2Kl.jpg

I also have the No. 23 (The White Engraved Mario Set) but I haven't done a proper photo shoot of those yet. :p

A7Px2Qel.jpg

Impotaku

You are on a dangerous slope, it starts with a few & then keeps building.

Nintendo have me, i'm beyond saving lol. Have to keep them in a big plastic storage container.
IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

It's going to get to the point where i can change it every day for a month and have a different design YAY.

That triforce plate looks better on the white 3DS imo. The edges are white and it really clashes with the black unit. Too bad they just didn't dye the plastic black :/

The cover plate is painted black but the plate itself has a lighter color. The problem with that is that the sides are not painted/there are exposed plastic.

I think that's what sixteen-bit meant, here's what the side looks like.

Yeah. I guess I could try filling it in with a paint marker or something, but overall, I was disappointed.

Got th Mario Maker one today, it's out in Australia

This looks soo good, may be my fav looking on yet.

Soo happy it's a matte finish, was worried it would be gloss.

I've got 4 (SMM, 3D Mario, 3D Yoshi, Hanafuda) sitting at Tenso! I don't know why I keep buying them since I'll probably never take the Majora's Mask one off!

Got th Mario Maker one today, it's out in Australia

This looks soo good, may be my fav looking on yet.

Soo happy it's a matte finish, was worried it would be gloss.
I'm so glad that these are matte. I was pretty sure they were going to be glossy from the launch pictures.

Anyone got the new Yoshi one yet? I'd like to know if they're matte or glossy.

RaidenZR

I got my Hanafuda and Mario Maker sprites cover plates today (glad there's not a Mercedes Mario on that last one). Currently rocking the hanafuda so I can see shy Boo from time to time. Really happy they're matte, too!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
j7MCNej.jpg

If you're not aware, in the UK Nintendo is giving out a free Christmas theme at GAME Nintendo Zones (I'll guess Nintendo Zones in other European countries may also have this promotion).

It's actually a bit different from the one available on the Theme Shop, it has 2D art of various Mario characters rather than the 3D renders of Mario and Luigi, and the Super Mushroom is a 1-Up Mushroom instead.

The Christmassy Super Mario Bros theme is classy.

TheMoon

j7MCNej.jpg

If you're not aware, in the UK Nintendo is giving out a free Christmas theme at GAME Nintendo Zones (I'll guess Nintendo Zones in other European countries may also have this promotion).

It's actually a bit different from the one available on the Theme Shop, it has 2D art of various Mario characters rather than the 3D renders of Mario and Luigi, and the Super Mushroom is a 1-Up Mushroom instead.

The Christmassy Super Mario Bros theme is classy.

the same theme can be had in Germany at Nintendo Zones (McDonald's) btw.

I can confirm that those Yoshi plates are matte and that they look really damn cute.

lnqW6wOh.jpg
Thanks for this, looks neat. Where did you buy it from?

Re. that Nintendo theme, is there a workaround by renaming your wi-fi network etc. to try and get this? I remember setting up a Best Buy network at home before to get Animal Crossing gifts.

TheMoon

Re. that Nintendo theme, is there a workaround by renaming your wi-fi network etc. to try and get this? I remember setting up a Best Buy network at home before to get Animal Crossing gifts.

Since you get a theme shop redemption code, you'll need a EU 3DS for this anyway. So unless you have that, no point in trying.

TheWorst

Got it from Amazon France. Was buying a Mega Yarn Yoshi on there and couldn't resist.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I understand that it's for the PAL system. I was asking so I could try and get these on my nieces' PAL systems.

I know McDonald'd Germany detect whether you're accessing it from Germany or not (since I've tried doing that before to no avail). GAME UK's current Nintendo Zone IDs are unknown after they changed them to prevent the workaround from working.

Top Bottom