• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Customization Thread | For the Love of Nintendo...

lovely customized 3DS as a Christmas gift for their fiance

tumblr_o018pdSqcQ1qzp9weo4_540.jpg

http://tinycartridge.com/post/136058428837/tristians-special-fire-emblem-new-3ds-bundle

I'm guessing you can't get the AC HHD or FE fates plates without buying the actual console
You can, you'd have to import them, and they might be HTF. I find it easier to search them by number, some places call them Cover Plates, others call them Kisekae Plates (or a combo of the two).

The HHD plate is #62, the FEif plate is #61. Isabelle/Shizue is #13.

ETA: beaten like a chalkboard eraser.

tiijj

Wow thanks guys, are there any you can't get separately ?

Yeah a few, on top of my head as of right now the two that comes with the Pokemon 20th anniversary (Charizard and Blastoise), the two ORAS plate, there's also the Disney magic castle 2, and the La Nouvelle Maison du Style 2. There could be more but those are the only ones I can remember right now.

Chorazin

You can, you'd have to import them, and they might be HTF. I find it easier to search them by number, some places call them Cover Plates, others call them Kisekae Plates (or a combo of the two).

The HHD plate is #62, the FEif plate is #61. Isabelle/Shizue is #13.

ETA: beaten like a chalkboard eraser.

I picked up the FEif plate for $32 on Amazon yesterday. Plenty of sellers with Prime shipping, too. Should be readily available, at least before the game comes out.

Treated myself to the Hanafuda plates today, they'll be here in around 2 weeks I suppose. Merry Christmas to me, still need the Mario Maker plates though!

I love it, but they're glossy. :(
Idk, maybe I'll still get them.

How do you know this is glossy, looks like it'd have to be matte like the mario maker one

Chorazin

These damn cover plates are addictive. I have the two with the HHD bundle, the Fire Emblem one, and I just ordered Japanese 12, 71, and 23. I also have 24 on order, but Amazon is being weird about it. It was in stock at time of order, but it's been listed as Shipping Soon for the past 6 days. Asking CS for help didn't do me any good. Guess we'll see!

tiijj

No 76 is the My Melody plate out Mar 24.

ntWCTV5.jpg

It's only been a little over a year and they have 73 plates (plus some promo and bundle only plates) available. Imagine if the Nx have a cover plate lol.

The last one with Pokemon sprite is no 72 so there should be No 73, 74, and 75 coming before Mar 24. LOL

Chorazin

With the success of these plates km sure the NX will have them. My Melody is totally adorable!

Just got all but the Fire Emblem plates today (swapped it out immediately for the awesome Felt one) and I have the wood grain Mario coming later this week. There are a bunch more I would totally buy if they weren't so pricy.

Impotaku

Oh man, they have the Korean exclusive power up plate. Why does something tell me they won't ship to the uk.

Anyone after a Boo plate i suggest you do it now as those are holding a stupid price at the moment.

Impotaku

Having to pull in a favour, no idea if they will agree but i simply must have that power up plate.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Chorazin

Yeah i'm in the same boat. They sold out in an hour! D:

They're just gonna be flipped by scalpers, seeing as the Boo plate has an average price of $150 on Amazon.

FUCK! I wish I didn't even know they were for sale at all, they're my two most wanted. Not even for the rarity, I love Boo and I think the Kanji plate just looks so cool.

Koppai

YS4Ce4W.jpg

So now I just need the Pokémon sprite plate and the Mario Hanafuda, and maybe that rainbow Yoshi one and I will be set for a while. This brings my total up to 11 cover plates.

Kyogre (Japan exclusive)
Groudon & Kyogre
Triforce
Kirby
Pikachu
Splatoon
KK Slider
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Boo
Mario Maker 8 Bit
Power Up

:)

Chorazin

Kanji plate went back in stock for a hot second, GOT ONE!

Gonna suck to have to buy these piecemeal but fuck it, $21 is better than the scalper fees.

TheWorst

I've never seen those Power Up plates before. Are they new? I like them. Doesn't matter, seeing as I missed them. Boo as well :(

Chorazin

Can't even add Boo, Power Up, or Kanji to your cart anymore. I think the dream is dead for today. :(

Super stoked I lucked out and got a Kanji! I can live without Power Up, but hopefully they restock Boo soon.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
And Nintendo said nobody in the US wanted the N3DS.

Does anyone have a complete list of all the cover plates NOA has offered on their online store? Interested to see what I've missed out on.

Chorazin

Barely anybody wants it all over the world. Have you not seen the sales breakdown? :)

N3DS XL is dominating it by a large amount in all regions.

Which is a shame, IMO the regular n3DS feels amazing in hand. It's my favorite Nintendo handheld of all time now, easily.

I wish Nintendo had some sort of stock notification for their site. Now I'm going to be paranoid that they're going to come back in stock and I won't notice again.

On the bright side, I'm really glad I didn't spend $150 for those Ambassador plates a few months ago. I almost went through with it, but I'm definitely glad I decided against it now.

Chorazin

Me too. There's something about the quality of the plastic that you don't get with the XL. It's like it's completely solid where the XL feels hollow.

I love how the cover plates fit so well, they don't feel like a add on, they feel integrated. Smart move to screw them in on the bottom!

The bottom of the n3DS rests in the natural shelf my hand makes when I grab it, the n3DS XL made it an awkward hold. It's honestly completely turned me around on the platform, I never played my XL because of how I hated holding it!

Top Bottom