• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

Apparently Clinton gave one of her best speeches yet? I haven't had the chance to watch yet.
It was a great speech. For me, the most impressive part was how she kept her voice toned down for the most part. Her handlers have coached her well.

Cj_PadtWEAEB-q6.jpg

He really should have said "autumn". Ouch.

I was thinking about how awesome it's going to be when Trump loses. His lasting mark on history, the thing that makes the history books, will be that he is one of the biggest losers in American political history. It's like he made a wish on a monkey's paw.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yep, looks like Trump didn't learn why his poll numbers went down when he went overboard against Rubio. You can see he's back in the same mindset.

Prima-Donald

Alright, that's a winner. Clearly. Very good.

Prima Donald

Paul Ryan: You're country needs you
John Boehner: We need you, too

Trump: Would you not rather have your precious little...Rubio!

Ryan/Boehner: Donald, no. The world wants youuuuuu

Ryan/Boehner: Prima Donald,
First choice of the outraged,
The GOP
are on their knees
to endorse youuuu

Ryan: Will you bow out
when they protest
your name?

Boehner: Think of how they all
abhor you

Ryan/Boehner: Prima Donald
Entrap us once again

Ryan: Think of your balls

Boehner: And all the walls
'round the border!

Ryan/Boehner: Can you deny us the Trump nuclear war?
Tweet Prima Donald once more!

mo60

Yep, looks like Trump didn't learn why his poll numbers went down when he went overboard against Rubio. You can see he's back in the same mindset.

We will expect a lot of that in that next few months. I don't think he will be able to handle the constant pressure of running a presidential race where he is going to be criticised constantly.

mo60

I was thinking about how awesome it's going to be when Trump loses. His lasting mark on history, the thing that makes the history books, will be that he is one of the biggest losers in American political history. It's like he made a wish on a monkey's paw.

Sadly he's going to do way better than other very divisive and awful candidates like Goldwater. This election will be one for the history books like last year's election in Canada anyway.

GutsOfThor

If he loses, him and his supporters will be not only the laughing stock of the country but the entire world and rightfully so.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
We will expect a lot of that in that next few months. I don't think he will be able to handle the constant pressure of running a presidential race where he is going to be criticised constantly.

Right, remember right after that debate where he trashed Rubio, his numbers went down, then at the following debate he was all nice. He had been told by even his family members that he needed to act more presidential, and you can tell he realized he had gone too far. But as soon as Rubio got out then he went back to his usual self. You can tell he just CANNOT accept any sort of criticism. That's going to impact the enthusiasm people have in him, it makes him look weak and lacking confidence.

edit: The whole "Hillary is yelling" thing is such bullshit, go watch any Obama speech during his campaign in 08.

edit2: Warren isn't a very good speaker.

Paskil

Shit, Clinton's Harlem speech was better, and ballsier.

Agree to disagree on both. Hell, I liked Hillary's SCOTUS speech here in Madison more than Warren. Warren just doesn't get my policy boner worked up.

She was not Shrillary today.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are saying this because other people would say it if she had met what would qualify in their universe as Shrillary, and by saying, you are just giving voice to what they would say had she been Shrillary.

Crayons

Banned
On election day I'll invite over all my friends and have a ton of beer and other party favors and we'll celebrate the biggest loser in American political history

royalan

Warren's was better

I disagree.

Warren's speech was great for an attack surrogate. A short burst of relentless fire.

Hillary's speech was that of someone aspiring to be POTUS. She was controlled, measured, authoritative. She absolutely thrashed Trump while simultaneously making the case for herself and appealing to our better selves.

A damn good speech.

And I read somewhere that my husband Jon Favreau gave the speech a quick lookover the night before.

I disagree.

Warren's speech was great for an attack surrogate. A short burst of relentless fire.

Hillary's speech was that of someone aspiring to be POTUS. She was controlled, measured, authoritative. She absolutely thrashed Trump while simultaneously making the case for herself and appealing to our better selves.

A damn good speech.

And I read somewhere that my husband Jon Favreau gave the speech a quick lookover the night before.

Your husband?

No. Just...no. That's not what he said last night!

Yaaaaasssss.

Crayons

Banned
I disagree.

A damn good speech.

You're absolutely right. She was definitely presidential. I guess I just found it more satisfying to listen to short bursts of relentless fire from Warren. But Hillary's was more presidential. It was serious

Ugh. Free speech and all that but someone needs to tell these protestors that burning the American flag only plays into Trumps hands and negates a lot of what they're trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom