• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Expendables 2 - (August 17, 2012) Info & Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New pic.

The Terminator, Rambo and John McClane.

Hair is grown.

9FKER.jpg

:O

Dead

well not really...yet
When the trailer for this played last night at the theater, everyone busted out laughing when Norris showed up. :lol

strafer

Liam Hemsworth on working with 'The Expendables 2' crew and getting kicked by a famous foot

Liam Hemsworth, who has rocketed to fame following his 6.8 seconds of screen time in The Hunger Games, will be making another appearance in a adrenalized action movie this year, albeit one with a little more testosterone and a lot less social commentary. In The Expendables 2, Hemsworth plays Billy the Kid, a new addition to the shoot-‘em-up (bad guys, not steroids) gang headed by Sylvester Stallone. He’s not a kid anymore — the actor is 22 years old — but compared to the median age on set he’s practically a toddler.

Hemsworth was actually supposed to have a role in the first film, but script modifications eliminated his character. “It was a weird moment because I had celebrated with everyone,” says Hemsworth, “and told everyone I was going over to shoot this film, and then it didn’t happen.” Luckily, when it came time for a sequel, Stallone remembered to save a spot for him.

The experience of working alongside all those action icons was a bit of a strange one for Hemsworth, who had watched their movies as a child. “It was weird at first, you have to pinch yourself every once in a while,” he says. “I was working with all these guys I grew up watching—it was nuts. Once Jean-Claude [Van Damme] kicked me in the chest by accident. It was like a present, one of the most awesome kicks you could ever receive.”

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The fuck is wrong with Schwarzenegger's hair....jeez

We will not be getting another Die Hard, Rambo or Terminator on the big screen again...

Yeah, and you're ending up with this shit. Die Hard, Rambo, and Terminator were good because of the directors and talent behind the camera. Not solely because of these action stars.

The action movie of this year is:

jbvHvq88dqZvi0.jpg

Carbonox

Seeing those pictures, I dunno why but only Dolph stands out as the guy I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. It's probably cos of how much of a nutter he is in the first film. Just look at him. A fucking giant.

Love him though.

If there was ever a cast of dudes I would want to get drunk with it is these dudes.

Edit: @post above me: IRL Dolph is the one you would not want to fuck with.

It appears that a proper trailer will be coming this week. The new EX2 trailer will debut at CinemaCon this week.

Sorry I should have said my source was the LA times.

where's Jet Li?

also, seems very one-sided to have almost all the notorious action stars on one side, it shoulda been an even slice of stars for heroes and villains. heck, just make it Arnold and Stallone vs. everyone else :p

shuri

Banned
Seeing those pictures, I dunno why but only Dolph stands out as the guy I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. It's probably cos of how much of a nutter he is in the first film. Just look at him. A fucking giant.

Love him though.
Whats awesome about Dolph is that he speaks like 5 languages fluently, has a master's degree in chemical engineering and is like a 3rd dan black belt karateka. he's a great character actor, it's a bit of a shame that he didnt get a 'bigger' career; but then again Rocky 4 kinda made stereotyped him into that 'Psychotic Killing Machine' image; but its the kind of role he plays perfectly.

Bleepey

Dolph can out think, out fight, and,f you believe Grace Jones or Brandon Lee in Showdown in little Tokyo, most likely out fuck you too.

Carbonox

Whats awesome about Dolph is that he speaks like 5 languages fluently, has a master's degree in chemical engineering and is like a 3rd dan black belt karateka. he's a great character actor, it's a bit of a shame that he didnt get a 'bigger' career; but then again Rocky 4 kinda made stereotyped him into that 'Psychotic Killing Machine' image; but its the kind of role he plays perfectly.

Yeah, I have mad respect for the guy.

I still remember the story about the guys who broke in to his house in Marbella (they didn't know whose house it was) and when they looked at the picture frames, they saw Dolph, realised who he was, and legged it out of there as fast as they could. :lol :lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Indeed. As a director, though, I gotta admit...his movies aren't always very good.

Still, he is a man of men and is a role model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom