• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

Explain?

SIERA works, too.

Looking only at ERA and predicting a team from there isn't really healthy.

FIP is a perfectly good stat, and it can be illustrative in certain situations, but it's idiotic to think it's some be-all, end-all measure of a pitcher's quality.

It's a composite of homers allowed, walks allowed, and strikeouts, which are certainly not the only important things when it comes to pitching.

Edit for your edit - Looking at any single stat is a silly way to measure the quality of any pitcher (or hitter, for that matter.) They all mean and show us something, but none of them are the whole story.

SRTtoZ

I'm sure you will be fine without him but as a Yankee fan it makes me feel much better knowing we don't have to go through Ortiz anymore. He always came up big against us.

Zetta

Fantastic game by Tanaka

seinfeld.gif

Caja 117

CG shutout in Fenway on less than 100 pitches

We
Are
Dead

With
No
Ortiz

Game lasted 2:21, thats could be a record for Yankees -Sox games.

I was There tonight ...towards the end when Yanks got two more runs, a scuffle between a yankee fan and a Sox fan happened, it ended with 2 red sox fan taken out of the park, Im pretty sure one of them was Sanjuro.

Too bad for Sale, How many runs the Sox has score in all of his starts? Less than 10?

I was There tonight ...towards the end when Yanks got two more runs, a scuffle between a yankee fan and a Sox fan happened, it ended with 2 red sox fan taken out of the park, Im pretty sure one of them was Sanjuro.

Too bad for Sale, How many runs the Sox has score in all of his starts? Less than 10?

Not joking. They've only scored 4 runs combined in Chris Sale's 5 starts.

Dude's gonna end up with a 5-11 record and a 2.3 ERA

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Late on this but whatever.

Altuve gets a pinch-hit base hit then TOOTBLANs when down by run.

Reddick then Beltran both get base hits. WHICH WOULD HAVE TIED THE FUCKING GAME.

God...

Sanjuro

Guy. You think you're better than me, kid?!

Athletics lefty Sean Manaea exited yesterday’s game after just two innings due to left shoulder tightness, per Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. The departure of yet another of the Athletics’ top starters is troubling enough, but Slusser adds that Manaea’s velocity was topping out at 90 mph on Wednesday — a far cry from the 95 mph at which he usually tops out and from the 92.5 mph he’s averaged thus far in 2017.

pitchers suck

Malo

Banned
Sung Ming Kim

On July 31, 2016, #Yankees GM Cashman compared Aaron Hicks to JBJ. Since then:

Hicks: .284/.367/.510 (155 AB)

JBJ: .217/.303/.387 (230 AB)

🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom