• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hybrid by 5th Cell (Scribblenauts) Beta Sign Up - XBLA

jtrov

Wanted to try this for a little bit after downloading the beta last night, but the servers weren't up yet.

Can't wait to get home so I can see how this plays. So interested in the concept and the social element as well sound interesting.

I don't know if it has a group function, but if it does and anyone wants to group up, just send me a friend request.

GT:jtrov

Gowans

Downloaded on my US account, playing on my UK gold account but the server won't connect? Is it up yet or is thy where it needs the US account?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Got the email and I'm tempted to download it, but I doubt I'll have time to play it at any great length.

Anyone want the code?

Thanks for the code! Downloading now, if anyone wants to play later GT is Nightmare22m. So what faction is everyone going with?

totowhoa

Banned
Got accepted! :D I have to buy a Live account this weekend though. :p Edit: If for any reason I don't I'll be sure to give my code away here too. Pretty sure I want to give this game a spin though :D

Emitan

Really liking it so far. It very strongly reminds me of the idea I had for a deathmatch lightgun game years and years ago. Too bad I didn't have my own game dev studio to make it :(

EDIT: bugged game. i'm invisible and no one can move. We have full connection bars.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Chose the Paladins. Really digging it so far, pretty good at it to boot. Probably gonna pick this up, hopefully I can convince my main group of gaming friends to get it as well. There are three of us, so the game has the perfect number of players!

On a side note, is there any point in not picking the machine guns? I've yet to see someone try to snipe. The game seems to be totally about movement and map control, so sniping doesn't seem very viable. Not that I mind.

Between this, CS:GO, and TOny Hawk HD this year's summer arcade releases are probably all I'm gonna buy over the summer.

three game down. I are bad at this but getting better.

Not sure... so far, will be better when the servers are populated, but right now,it takes a whlie to get into a game. There's something intriguing about it, but I have some issues. Enemies are hard to see, it's hard to find a match, and it's confusing. I'm not sure if I'm a moron, or the controls are un-intutive, as I often mean to flip over a barrier and accidently fly somewhere else. Maybe I've just been spoiled by ME/Gears one button cover systems, where this is a three button cover system. There's a retreat button too, but I don't know how usefull that is, as I seem to die a lot when I'm out of cover. Moving while jetpacking is important, but I think the game tends to reward spazzing out as you fly around, instead of tactical movements. Using grenades takes too many clicks, it should be a hold to aim and release to throw instead of a "Tap power, then tap shoot to throw." I'm still not sure what the point of the "World war" is, right now it just seems like a poorly explained layer of complexity.

Actual shooting is fairly satisfying, a lot of flanking going on, that seems to be the most important strategy. Having a well balanced team is key too. At one point we had some dudes boxed in, but they wouldn't come out of cover, thankfully I had a nade for the triple kill. having at least one player with the enemy highlight power is also pretty damn important.

Weapons, not even the snipers, have a lot of zoom, it encourages you to get closeup somewhat.

Slayer doesn't seem to be the dominant gametype here, overload and king of the hill were the most common matches. You pretty much always have a killstreak going, but they aren't a huge help.

Emitan

Can you be more specific on steps to reproduce this?

Every time I joined a game I would be stuck at where I spawned. I think I was desynchronizing from the host because my team mates would act like they were playing (strafing, shooting, etc) but were stationary from my perspective.

All I was doing was joining games in the Texas region.

EDIT: Restarting the game seemed to fix it.

Chose the Paladins. Really digging it so far, pretty good at it to boot. Probably gonna pick this up, hopefully I can convince my main group of gaming friends to get it as well. There are three of us, so the game has the perfect number of players!

On a side note, is there any point in not picking the machine guns? I've yet to see someone try to snipe. The game seems to be totally about movement and map control, so sniping doesn't seem very viable. Not that I mind.

Between this, CS:GO, and TOny Hawk HD this year's summer arcade releases are probably all I'm gonna buy over the summer.

Tri burst SMG is a beast, 3 round burst, really accurate. I had some success with the sniper too in a KOTH game, I set up away from the hill and sniped as people got into position. There's not enough zoom to go for headshot, so it was a lot of body shots.

Gowans

I hope at the start of the game in the full release they show which friends are in which faction before you choose.

This game is... weird. Not anything like I thought it would be. I feel so confined when playing it. I don't really like the fact you have to move from cover to cover in order to move anywhere. I'll give it a shot again later on, but initial impressions aren't positive.

Rokam

First impressions:

-Double Barrel Shotgun is extremely potent, but since the majority of people are using weapons that are better at range it's useless as getting close to people just spells instant death.

-Just had a round where it was 2v3 (my team only had 2) went 15-1 and we won the match by quite a bit. Got 2 1/2 levels out of it, which is nice that it rewarded me so well for that, didn't even complete the bonus mission. Sniping is pretty damn good in this game even with the basic sniper. Either that or the other team was amazingly terrible.

-As I stated earlier in the thread I'm not very good at shooty games and honestly haven't played one in a long ass time. So could someone explain to me how Overlord works?

-Is there a way to get specific weapons or is it random?

-Got a bug a few times where the game sits at the loading screen and is at full, and I can hear the match going on in the background. Took about 30 seconds to a minute to finally put me in.

-Interested to see all the abilities, currently the shield seems to be the best when sniping as you can draw in close if they're being pansies and take them out with the secondary weapon.

VariantX

seems like if the game fails to connect to the server while you're in that loadout menu, all you can do at that point is exit out to the dashboard and start the game over. Theres no option to go backwards at all. Other than that, my first two games were a lot of fun

jtrov

So far I'm finding it hard to find a match. However, when I find one, I'm really enjoying the gameplay side of things.

Decided to join the Paladins as it seemed the game was recommending it (I'm guessing based on people mostly choosing the other faction). Been rolling with the shotty and the defense boost ability (forget the in-game name) with great success. Been moving around the map, stalking and getting behind the enemy, then activating my defense ability and destroying anything in my vicinity. Game feels tight and responsive and the concept works well, despite not being able to actually move "freely" around the map. Really enjoying it so far.

Can't wait to put more time into the game, but so far it's looking like a game I'll be anticipating for it's full release.

Played one round, and I totally enjoyed it.

Maybe it's just first impression glory or something, but this seems, to me, to be the shooter that changes it all for me. The combat is actually fun, interesting, and requires some form of strategy.

Rokam

Haha just got the gambler this should be fun. Getting much better with shotgun, pretty much have to keep moving until you can catch the other team offguard.

Emitan

The grenade that hacks bots is amazing. Captured a few of them at once and watched as the other team was ripped to shreds by their own allies.

Rokam

So does the swarm hurt teammates? I used it and accidentally nuked myself but wasn't sure it'd hurt them too.

Oh my, forgive me if I'm wrong here but did the dev really pick red and green as the colors to identify teams?

As a color blind chap, I'm finding the game extremely difficult to play. I can't make out who the bad guys are.

Need a colorblind mode here, stat.

Jackson

T69CH-63GMG-WKQXM-GJW93-X23YZ
T69D9-4GWPG-JJ2CX-3KP92-C2TPZ
T69JY-Y2KX9-GY3FD-792XK-JJC7Z
T69TY-WCKWT-4VQMH-GVT63-4FDFZ
T69VX-GYWW6-QKXMR-WQ46V-9QX2Z
T6C4F-TG49H-DYFJV-X9DTV-HT42Z
T6CCF-M9GRQ-YCQ2J-QRXWD-WDDTZ
T6D26-D7DVT-C2DRV-T3DQ2-JPFGZ
T6DGY-GYHJ6-7MGF4-MKK97-RXW3Z
T6DXM-XQ4K7-Y79XW-DH4Y6-H9RPZ