• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hybrid by 5th Cell (Scribblenauts) Beta Sign Up - XBLA

El Sloth

Banned
Was completely baffled at first, but now I'm starting to get a hang of the push and pull of the matches with flying and retreating. It's a lot of fun so far! Wish more people had mics though. Thanks again for the code, Jackson!

I agree the Overlord mode isn't very fun at all. King of the Hill is awesome though.

Any gaffers wanna get in a group?

GT: Sloth112

MMaRsu

Banned
Anybody still have a code?? I just bought some Gold so Im down for some fps games online like this. Also bought a headset :).

Jackson

The wait time is due to a some matchmaking bugs we know about and some we don't (because we've never tested on this scale and this is an older build since it takes a month to cert for beta). And the limited amount of people in the beta right now.

It also has to do with the faction splitting, but the final game has a unique solution for that issue. The worldmap is actually virtual, meaning if you attack North America and I attack Europe we can still match make together, even if we're both Paladin. So trust me when I say that's not he issue.

The main reason for this beta is to learn about what to tweak on our matchmaking and also what to balance on items from a larger population. :)

Also... More codes!

T79MY-V7YVX-QTXW9-M4PJW-MWYWZ
T79VF-7YCDC-Y92PG-Y67DH-4RP9Z
T79XC-37CH9-3TGY6-6MJ3K-7HCFZ
T7C63-YVPYY-DYHGF-P3V4J-6H2FZ
T7C9C-CC993-Q4DYY-PDJ6F-XRW9Z
T7CCD-VVPHR-FYFFH-K4K6F-C3HRZ
T7CRR-RYC4V-QKGPT-QCYJX-XJH6Z
T7CWC-DVKYX-VJHRW-D32YJ-4X7MZ
T7D2J-GW6M3-DQ933-K2WGK-DPKWZ
T7DVH-H4C2R-H2RHG-34X36-QG7MZ
T7F6C-7FX9D-THWXP-JG32K-24CQZ
T7FPW-F7QVM-2MTDD-PR2GT-PJ2QZ
T7G4H-CYTRX-PJXF3-CCJHH-67JVZ
T7GFJ-7RJ9M-447RY-H6TV9-G92PZ
T7GJ7-6GTWH-QM7YT-WX9VM-2WJXZ
T7H62-F7YDW-4TFCX-V6DJW-4PXWZ
T7HKQ-GGMT3-TGDFK-KWT4G-KK76Z
T7J42-CTP47-H6WHT-YFTRY-G9HVZ
T7JF2-KRMXY-VP4FM-27KKJ-CJPKZ
T7JGF-XQ77C-76YVG-PVWVW-MGJFZ

MMaRsu

Banned
The wait time is due to a some matchmaking bugs we know about and some we don't (because we've never tested on this scale and this is an older build since it takes a month to cert for beta). And the limited amount of people in the beta right now.

It also has to do with the faction splitting, but the final game has a unique solution for that issue. The worldmap is actually virtual, meaning if you attack North America and I attack Europe we can still match make together, even if we're both Paladin. So trust me when I say that's not he issue.

The main reason for this beta is to learn about what to tweak on our matchmaking and also what to balance on items from a larger population. :)

Also... More codes!

T79MY-V7YVX-QTXW9-M4PJW-MWYWZ
T79VF-7YCDC-Y92PG-Y67DH-4RP9Z
T79XC-37CH9-3TGY6-6MJ3K-7HCFZ
T7C63-YVPYY-DYHGF-P3V4J-6H2FZ
T7C9C-CC993-Q4DYY-PDJ6F-XRW9Z
T7CCD-VVPHR-FYFFH-K4K6F-C3HRZ
T7CRR-RYC4V-QKGPT-QCYJX-XJH6Z
T7CWC-DVKYX-VJHRW-D32YJ-4X7MZ
T7D2J-GW6M3-DQ933-K2WGK-DPKWZ
T7DVH-H4C2R-H2RHG-34X36-QG7MZ
T7F6C-7FX9D-THWXP-JG32K-24CQZ
T7FPW-F7QVM-2MTDD-PR2GT-PJ2QZ
T7G4H-CYTRX-PJXF3-CCJHH-67JVZ
T7GFJ-7RJ9M-447RY-H6TV9-G92PZ
T7GJ7-6GTWH-QM7YT-WX9VM-2WJXZ
T7H62-F7YDW-4TFCX-V6DJW-4PXWZ
T7HKQ-GGMT3-TGDFK-KWT4G-KK76Z
T7J42-CTP47-H6WHT-YFTRY-G9HVZ
T7JF2-KRMXY-VP4FM-27KKJ-CJPKZ
T7JGF-XQ77C-76YVG-PVWVW-MGJFZ

Hmm cant grab these codes, it says the offer is not valid.. :D

El Sloth

Banned
Had my first rage quit!

King of the Hill with double shotty + meta armor + defense boost

With both of my teams mates backing me up with the swarm guns.

It's a pretty messed up combination.

JambiBum

I can't get over the fact that in a game with jetpacks the movement is pretty restrictive :(. I like everything else about the game except for that. It hurts it for me.

From what I've seen I didn't think the matchmaking was split by the map, is it actually split by continent at the moment?

It's the faction splitting I'm worried about. Given some team of 3 Paladins, the matchmaking system *has* to pull from the Variant player pool to make an opposing team. Any other game would be able to pull from their entire player base. Are you confident the game can overcome that?

Gowans

SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS (3/6) ......

I wonder if a lot of this comes from splitting the players. Again had to wait for the Paladins

So we wait in the lobby for three paladins for ever an someone gets bored n leaves :(

Edit: yup it happened, third time in a row, 20mins and jut got in a game.

Jackson

From what I've seen I didn't think the matchmaking was split by the map, is it actually split by continent at the moment?

It's the faction splitting I'm worried about. Given some team of 3 Paladins, the matchmaking system *has* to pull from the Variant player pool to make an opposing team. Any other game would be able to pull from their entire player base. Are you confident the game can overcome that?

Matchmaking is only split by faction. The worldmap has nothing do with it.

Host migration is not in the beta, but will be in the final game.

We have systems in place that are not in then beta to help the faction split issue. :)

Also there's some bugs with matchmaking in general that we're seeing (hence the beta!)

This should probably not be possible, the lockdown potential of the SWARM is too good especially when you have someone with a sniper to pick people off.

Edit: I guess I should point out that I am monkyofdoom, so I am not claiming OP because I lost or anything.

CCIoY.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS (3/6) ......

I wonder if a lot of this comes from splitting the players. Again had to wait for the Paladins

So we wait in the lobby for three paladins for ever an someone gets bored n leaves :(

Edit: yup it happened, third time in a row, 20mins and jut got in a game.

This has been my experience for every session I've played with the game so far. It takes me on average about 10 minutes to find a game. Most of the time, I simply don't have the patience to stare at a loading screen for 10 min waiting for people to join the game.

10 minutes doesn't SOUND like a long time, but when you're just staring at a static "Waiting for Players" screen, 10 minutes is an eternity.

Gowans

45 mins and played two games, done with the beta for tonight then.

Yeah they'll need to fix it quick while in beta or the beta will drop like a rock.

Xater

I am not having as many issues as some here, and I think the game is actually pretty interesting. Committing to you movement is a big deal and strategic positioning can be really important in king of the hill. I think I like this game.

Top Bottom