• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

The only one so far where I was thought "Yep, I remember this" was King of the Ring 98 b/c duh. Summer Slam 98 looks familiar too based on the PPV poster. It had to have been some point in 99 because I don't recall watching any without Michaels involved, and I definitely remember the corporation and ministry of darkness.
It could be one of the summer PPVs that you left off. I remember the Ministry of Darkness lasted for a couple of months at least.

Tenryu shooting

ChV9CnQUUAAIJsg.jpg

Vince McLandis fave Lord Gideon Grey is in the crowd at the Rev Pro show, in full gear, live tweeting the show. It's wonderful.

RBH

20160426_payback_1920x1080_tunein_ton--03d33fdb48c58044979e7ef912e87482.jpg

match_payback_1920x1080_romanstyles_NEW--ed1534b63a77b7adb6809ab5448c9743.jpg

Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

ChLHZPgUUAAji6H.jpg:large

20160418_Payback_CharlotteNattie--458dac70f8f854c92142af79d616b614.jpg

Charlotte (c) (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (w/ Bret Hart) for the WWE Women's Championship

20160411_match_payback_MizCesaro--87023364a0c978c18ace0700281eb67d.jpg

The Miz (c) (w/ Maryse) vs. Cesaro for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

20160418_match_payback_AmbroseJericho--732ea5979abb212ff0acf9d44de3e6d4.jpg

Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho

20160418_match_payback_ZaynOwens--40f631a3b4cbb9ca62d88a10052668ac.jpg

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

20160418_match_payback_EnzoColinVaudevillians--dac5dad8213e2bb38d0e60164eea2af3.jpg

Enzo & Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillians (Finals of the WWE Tag Team Championship No. 1 Contenders’ Tournament)

20160418_match_payback_DolphBaron--4c7a540edd9b9137ea3766723061ca13.jpg

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

20160425_match_payback_KalistoRyback--32e493c175e2be0b9cf8a0bb46faab8c.jpg

Pre-Show match: Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback for the WWE U.S. Championship

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Payback |OT| In a Forest for Some Reason

Kuroyume

Banned

That's a thing for some reason.

Anyway, looking forward to Reigns and AJ. Always enjoy watching AJ, and I'm interested in seeing where this Bullet Club thing goes. Is Finn showing up or what.

Rest of the card looks pretty damn good except for that Kalisto and Ryback match.

I wonder how Vince will decide who will take over Raw? Bingo game? Wheel of rassling fortune? Some dumb thing that comes to Vince mind?

PAY-PER-VIEW REWIND
Extreme Rules (this year they flipped Extreme Rules and Payback on the calendar)
Sunday April 26th 2015
Chicago, Illinois
*Neville over Bad News Barrett
*Dean Ambrose over Luke Harper in a Chicago Street Fight
*Dolph Ziggler over Sheamus in a “Kiss Me Arse Match”
*New Day over Tyson Kidd & Cesaro to win the tag titles
*John Cena over Rusev in a Russian Chain Match to keep the U.S. title
*Nikki Bella over Naomi to keep the Diva’s title
*Roman Reigns over Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match
*Seth Rollins over Randy Orton in a steel cage match to keep the WWE title

This feels like an In Your House. Probably going to skip and wait for reviews before deciding on a watch or not.

Would not mind seeing things going back to 4-6 PPV a year. Rumble, Mania, Summer Slam, Series, Starrcade.

Hex

Banned
Is Kalisto vs Ryback even a feud?

Sort of.
This will probably get the belt to the big idiot unless he is somehow in the doghouse which I doubt. Kallisto will get banished back to tag team jobber status

This feels like an In Your House. Probably going to skip and wait for reviews before deciding on a watch or not.

Would not mind seeing things going back to 4-6 PPV a year. Rumble, Mania, Summer Slam, Series, Starrcade.

It pretty much would have been.
I miss the days when PPVs were an event.
You had the Rumble. Summer Slam, and Survivor Series. Then you had Wrestlemania.
Now there are so many ppvs that most come off as over glorified Raws.

King and Honky Tonk are cousins, on air everything is fine but behind the scenes, not so much. What's their issues or Honkys with King?

It pretty much would have been.
I miss the days when PPVs were an event.
You had the Rumble. Summer Slam, and Survivor Series. Then you had Wrestlemania.
Now there are so many ppvs that most come off as over glorified Raws.

At least SOME of them had build ups to them that gave some kind of significance the name. Now you're just recycling the name over and over with no real meaning. Or like EC or MITB they just become meaningless as they become more regular.

Shit, even Survivor Series isn't really the fun it once was.

Kurita

In other news I've started watching Seinfeld. It wasn't popular at all in my country so I never caught reruns and stuff. Watched about 10 episodes, pretty good so far.

Kurita

Bragging Rights was so promising. It gave Smack Down a chance.

This was actually the first PPV I've watched live (staying up until 2 or 3am to do so) so it holds a special place in my heart even though it was just average. I actually enjoyed the Cena/Orton Iron Man.

Top Bottom