• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mickey Mouse cartoons by Paul Rudish (Dexter's Lab, PowerPuff Girls etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see if anyone can link to a mirror or source video for us who aren't in the US... Man, Its so refreshing to see this style on modern times...

Would love to see some more of the Concept art and behind the scenes stuff [I WOULD KILL FOR AN ARTBOOK!]

exE35fn.jpg

3Mjzfe1.jpg

daG26k9.jpg

K7pNlsa.jpg

Source: http://purplepeepbits.tumblr.com/

No Service was great! I cant help but wish there could be more companies and animation studios taking advantage of cartoon physics like this!

I loved all the gags around, and even the generic character design for BG characters is lush and attractive! I also would love 1080 images!!

Anyone has dug any more concept art or similar stuff? I am researching for my Character design classes...

Vinci

Danish
Preferred No Service. That said, I'm happy to see Disney finally doing something with Mickey Mouse - and something good, no less.

Holy shit that was the first time in my lifetime I saw an animated short where Mickey and Donald actually have a personality and not that fake corporate personality Disney uses to portray the characters in the parks and shows.

I kinda wish the animation style wasn't so simple though it kind feels low budget.

Leeness

Nekkid Mickey awwwwwww. Hahaha.

Also, why was Goofy such a jerk? Is he not going to be a part of these in a Mickey-friend capacity?

Lijik

The gag where Mickey becomes one with the boardwalk gate is so fucking inspired
I love these!!

EDIT- AH NO WAY!!! TARA BILLENGER IS WORKING ON THESE??? I loved the guest spots shed always have on Dumm Comics!!

daydream

Banned
Thanks GAF - I'm so glad I found these. They remind me of classic Disney shorts which to this day cheer me up like little else.

Donald's was fantastic. I really hope Disney sticks with these for a long time to come. It's been too long since the classic characters have been used.

Ah, good old-fashioned Donald dickery, just the way I like it. The whole sequence with Mickey blending in with different things on the boardwalk to escape from the girls was just inspired.

Has WordAssassin got any more insights for us? Still holding out for that Oswald appearance.

Pyrokai

Wow. These are so good. I want more of these forever, thanks. Wouldn't mind if these guys picked up some Looney Tunes either :D

Leeness

I think he was out of character, if you stick to what you see in the 1930-40 shorts. Pete would've been a better fit for the role.

Yeah. I'm just wondering why that happened haha. Because I'm assuming Goofy will be a part of the shorts as Mickey's friend at some point. So why make him a jerk now?

Rlan

I really enjoy Mickey and Donalds Designs, but not as much of a fan of Goofy. His stringy, hairy hobo look looks too "detailed", I guess?

Yeah. I'm just wondering why that happened haha. Because I'm assuming Goofy will be a part of the shorts as Mickey's friend at some point. So why make him a jerk now?

From just one short is hard to say how they will use it in the series, but I think we will see him in many different roles, with different personalities. It will be probably relegated to secondary, non-specific roles. Or you may want to think that the fictional universe in which the new cartoons take place is populated by many different "Goofies", much like the "How to.../Everyman" series.

I really enjoy Mickey and Donalds Designs, but not as much of a fan of Goofy. His stringy, hairy hobo look looks too "detailed", I guess?

They had two base models:

Original:
mickeysrevue06thumb.jpg

goofy01-1932.gif

Internet Era:
Whr0qZL.png

Leeness

From just one short is hard to say how they will use it in the series, but I think we will see him in many different roles, with different personalities. It will be probably relegated to secondary, non-specific roles. Or you may want to think that the fictional universe in which the new cartoons take place is populated by many different "Goofies", much like the "How to.../Everyman" series.

I wouldn't mind there being a bunch of Goofies and then getting Friend Goofy as well! That might be fun (and has potential for a Too Many Goofies kind of short haha).

I just hope he gets Friend status though, cause it would be sad if he doesn't.

qindarka

Banned
Not too fond of New York Weenie. Didn't seem all that funny or imaginative. Also, I hope that Mickey winning at the end doesn't become too much of a trend.

Can't watch the other even with Hola Unblocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom