• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro II Gameplay Debut Trailer

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This better be posted on green light soon. I want this on Steam next to my other games.

I want to investigate if Greenlight will accept free games. I'm not entirely sure it will, but it's worth checking out.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I'm sorry guys, but that trailer depressed the hell out of me. All the manhours that went into this could have been spent helping the homeless or youth literacy programs or teaching kids how to code or something.

I really am regretting that post about now.

I'm sorry guys, but that trailer depressed the hell out of me. All the manhours that went into this could have been spent helping the homeless or youth literacy programs or teaching kids how to code or something.

Haha, and it's all your fault :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Dude, go play some Petz.

I want to investigate if Greenlight will accept free games. I'm not entirely sure it will, but it's worth checking out.
Maybe there's some kind of technical workaround. If source mods and games not listed in the steam store exist, then there might be a chance! /hope

El Sloth

Banned

Hahahahahahahahaha

Oh man this post. Classic GAF.

Drencrom

Shut up hippie, it's straight-up dawg time!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yea free is cool and all but why not put a small price on it and try to get it in an Indie Bundle or something?

Because it would turn into a legal mess if any money was made from this game. It's using GAF's name and logo, and it was contributed to by more than 100 people. And no one signed a contract.

The only solution would be to donate everything to a charity.

TheMink

ibiL40G4E6JBBa.gif

FACE

Banned

Fuck the homeless, it's straight-up dawg time!

How does it feel knowing you've affected the lives of a large amount of people by making a retort about a pedophile accusation, particularly one very talented and dedicated aspiring game designer/artist that deserves to succeed?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Maybe there's some kind of technical workaround. If source mods and games not listed in the steam store exist, then there might be a chance! /hope

One thing I want to run by Jocchan is putting it up on Greenlight, and giving 100% of the proceeds to charity.

I'd gladly buy it. Not even kidding here.

The issue isn't whether or not people would buy it. Never was. Jocchan, Danthrax and myself couldn't figure out how to split the proceeds proportionate to time spent working on the game, and it wouldn't be fair to those that became too busy to contribute, or contributed proportionately less. Do those who left the project get nothing? Do those that joined late get less? It's not something we wanted to worry about, so we made the decision early on not to receive compensation for downloading the game. Routing the funds to charity, on the other hand, would be awesome.

Pick one charity that we can agree on, and send all sales proceeds their way.

Because it would turn into a legal mess if any money was made from this game. It's using GAF's name and logo, and it was contributed to by more than 100 people. And no one signed a contract.

What about that gaming charity?

Excellent...can't wait to play this game.
I still wish I got to do something to help its development, but I'll be happy just playing it!

AlexBasch

The issue isn't whether or not people would buy it. Never was. Jocchan, Mik and myself couldn't figure out how to split the proceeds proportionate to time spent working on the game, and it wouldn't be fair to those that became too busy to contribute, or contributed proportionately less. Do those who left the project get nothing? Do those that joined late get less? It's not something we wanted to worry about, so we made the decision early on not to receive compensation for downloading the game. Routing the funds to charity, on the other hand, would be awesome.

Pick one charity that we can agree on, and send all sales proceeds their way.

Yup, the posts after mine explained it quite quickly, it was my bad to just assume that you could stick a price tag on the game and be done with it.

Then again, the charity option would be great, the "I'd buy it" thing would be more on the side of giving to charity and pushing the game to a more wide distribution, I'd be glad to see this in a Indie Bundle thing, for example.

Heh, can someone explain this?

What hath thou wrought?!?

Haunted

That's it, no more Executive Producer/Based on a post by/Special Thanks in the credits for you!

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Actually really like this idea. (Staunchly opposed to Child's Play or EFF. Both do great work, but gamers are too quick to leap to something that aligns with a gamer-focused worldview.)

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
un-fucking-believable. I've been following this shit since day one. I'm daamned near speechless. Kudos to all involved.

Top Bottom