• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thud

I know it's just the 1st PV, but think Production IG can pull off this remake for those that watched the original?

Not in this way.

However if it will get people to pick up the novels or the older series that's already a win. At least it doesn't look atrocious like Berserk, so this will still be somewhat enjoyable.

I hope they keep the alcohol is my friend line tho.

I know it's just the 1st PV, but think Production IG can pull off this remake for those that watched the original?

The original OVA series is kind of bland from a production standpoint, but this new anime is looking kind of bland as well, just a shinier kind of bland.

What I'm most curious about at this point is what exactly the new anime intends to cover given its release format: a 12 episode TV series in spring 2018 and then 3 movies (each a compliation of 4 episodes) in 2019. Considering the grand scope of the original, they're going to have to restrict the story's focus to accomplish much of anything.

No, but that's mostly down to it being unlikely to match the 100+ episode count.

Can't say I'm terribly fond off the new character designs (Kircheis in particular looks way too off), but the overall presentation looks alright. As long as I get my semicircles, I'll probably enjoy this.

Taruranto

Koi to Uso 12

OycbYHm.jpg

MikibJR.jpg

OK...

wat

Uuuuuuh.

Honestly this could have been 20 minutes of "Go read the manga for the rest" and it would have been a better "ending".

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 25:

It is time for a field trip to the land of water and I suppose this would be a more rewarding experience for long time fans of the franchise given all of the history that has been spouted off about the place.

jonjonaug

I mean...LOGH is straight up my favorite anime. The entire runtime of the older show is around 50-60 hours or so, and the total runtime of Production IG's announced series plus films will be around 12. I don't see how it could measure up.

casiopao

Uukhhhhh. That VA triggered me.T_T Also Kircheis hair is not even wavy like ocean of flame. What the hell???

I am sooo going to keep getting triggered while watching the show here.T_T

Also, those CG ships is lame. The Brunhilde don't need that huge thrusters. It is famous for its slick but highly modern design mgrgrgrgrgrrg.

Edit: Also, where the hell is wonderful Dvorak music??? That is supposed to be the best symphony in the show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...roducer-adapt-sci-fi-epic-warner-bros-1041130
Hollywood is trying to do a Maschinen Krieger/SF3d adaptation? It's a model kit series so I suppose they could just tell whatever story they want. The backstory is basically this:
SF3d takes place in the distant future, following a cataclysmic World War IV that all but wiped out life on Earth. Human settlers return to Earth, specifically Australia, and soon find themselves unhappy with their overlords in the Galactic Federation. Crime runs amok and the settlers are unable to restore order themselves, so the Galactic Federation tasks the Strahl Democratic Republic (SDR) with straightening things out down under. The SDR’s methods are heavy-handed and the settlers soon find themselves thrown under the boot of vaguely Germanic totalitarianism. In turn, the unhappy settlers hire mercenary forces to get rid of the SDR and war breaks out in post-apocalyptic Australia.

There’s no comprehensive storyline for SF3d, and no coherent canon to speak of. Instead, there’s lots of stories and background fragments spread out across magazine features, model kit boxes, and books. The focus has always been on the kits themselves, with what appears to be minimal effort to ensure it’s all cohesive and makes sense. Comics, short stories, and even a live-action short film round out the material created under the banner of SF3d, but if you’re looking for an exhaustively focused vision like Star Wars, or even Gundam, you’ll be sorely disappointed.
For those that aren't familiar with it check these out:
http://www.zimmerit.moe/kow-yokoyama-sf3d-original/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzRKS0bNStg
Ma. K is probably one of the main visual design inspirations for Hawken with it's particular brand of gritty mecha

Thud

Uukhhhhh. That VA triggered me.T_T Also Kircheis hair is not even wavy like ocean of flame. What the hell???

I am sooo going to keep getting triggered while watching the show here.T_T

Also, those CG ships is lame. The Brunhilde don't need that huge thrusters. It is famous for its slick but highly modern design mgrgrgrgrgrrg.

Edit: Also, where the hell is wonderful Dvorak music??? That is supposed to be the best symphony in the show.

I got that soundtrack on my PC. Found a few favorites on it.

That's why I'm kinda eh on it. They don't make anime that way anymore. :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Koi to Uso 12

OK...

wat

Uuuuuuh.

Honestly this could have been 20 minutes of "Go read the manga for the rest" and it would have been a better "ending".

Oh god, they had the Lilina hotel scene? That's really recent in the manga (e.g. there's maybe the content of one episode of anime material in between that and current). I'm surprised they got that far (although Koi to Uso chapters are like 5 pages about half the time).

Thud

They never did. LOGH is a crazy thing that took almost a decade to complete. 110 episodes distributed as an OVA. I don't know of anything else comparable.

I haven't seen anything like that as well. The novels are ten volumes long, but the OVA's is a bit broader.

It can easily discuss the politics while nothing of note happens during the episode. That would have been a few pages in the novel.

Nohar

So, I'm looking for recommandations. I've been following Made in Abyss, Gamers!, New Game!!, Ballroom e Yokoso, Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, Re:Creators, Kakegurui, Kubikiri and Boku No Hero Academia.
Tried Knight's and Magic, but this anime failed to keep me interested (stopped at episode 7).

I was wondering if, maybe, there was an interesting anime which failed to catch my attention, and if so I would be thankful if you could advise me something new to watch.

Also interested by a Discord invite, if you would welcome me.

Ascheroth

So, I'm looking for recommandations. I've been following Made in Abyss, Gamers!, New Game!!, Ballroom e Yokoso, Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, Re:Creators, Kakegurui, Kubikiri and Boku No Hero Academia.
Tried Knight's and Magic, but this anime failed to keep me interested (stopped at episode 7).

I was wondering if, maybe, there was an interesting anime which failed to catch my attention, and if so I would be thankful if you could advise me something new to watch.
From this season, or in general?

7O3X
Hand Shakers
Dive!!

Nohar

From this season, or in general?

From this season ideally, although if you have good shows to recommend that I may have missed, I'm interested to hear about them. I already watched Yuri on Ice, Re:Zero, Demi-chan wa Kataritai, and quite a few more (although the ones I just mentioned left a very good and lasting impression), but listing them all would take a while (and I honestly don't remember all of those that I watched).

Szadek

Anime in a nutshell, tbh.
#notallanime

Speaking of:
Revolutionary Girl Utena - Ep. 10
Best Girl episode:
If it wasn't clear enough, Nanami is really screwed up.
This episode really shows how twisted she truely is and how far she would go.
Of course, she doesn't stand much of chance in a fair fight, but then again she doesn't have to play fair, does she?

Cornbread78

Nah it's just all the interesting posters have buggered off either banned or tired of this place.

more like people stopped being spammy

and Cajun got banned

Once Code Geass R3 airs we will be back to three OTs a season

Might as well throw me an invite if you'd have me. Not like I'm not on the Destiny clan board 24/7 these days. I haven't been keeping up with the anime lately, lol.

phaze

From this season ideally, although if you have good shows to recommend that I may have missed, I'm interested to hear about them. I already watched Yuri on Ice, Re:Zero, Demi-chan wa Kataritai, and quite a few more (although the ones I just mentioned left a very good and lasting impression), but listing them all would take a while (and I honestly don't remember all of those that I watched).

Someone else watches Kubikiri ? Masaka !

Mahoujin Guru Guru is the one I can heartily recommend. Also Tsurezure Children & Aho Girl (warning for pretty deranged kind of humour)

Youkoso 11

It's only now that I realise that they're putting out two not one philosophical quotes in each ep. Need to rewatch.

Things at least started happening in the second half though mostly in a way that was to be expected.

Cornbread78

Did you watch Konosuba over the winter? If not, hit that one up first.

For the rest, well, here's what I sent to Narag last week:

Winter Season:
- Scum's Wish
- Tales of Zestiria (fantasy + awesome!)
- Interviews with Monster Girls

Spring Season:
- Eromanga Sensei (just so you can have that * trash stamp that we all got from the experience)
- Grimoire of Zero
- Sukasuka
- Tsuki ga Kirei (this is really good, but it is a slow drama/romance show, so...)
- Saekano S2
- Clockwork Planet (the show is not very good, but it is pretty damned fun and entertaining)

Summer Season:
- Made in Abyss
- Tsurezure Children
- Gamers!
- Aho Girl
- Love and Lies (probably just my own tastes here, since I think I'm the only one left watching it, but it is pretty good stuff)
- New Game S2
- Isekai Smartphone Jesus (just for the spectacle of it all..)
- Kakegurui

We still got Cornbread and DTL for that. :p

Excuse me... That deserves a tumblr gif!

VKIzYJd.gif

Nohar

Thank you very much for your recommendations! I'll look into those right away :D

@phaze: I actually watched Kubikiri because someone mentioned this anime in this thread and I gave it a go. It may have been you ^^

Ascheroth

From this season there's Princess Principal, a steamspunk spy action slice-of-life whatever.
And the 4th Symphogear season.
Some other recent stuff would be:
ID-0
Blame! Movie
Quanzhi Gaoshou (The King's Avatar), which is a chinese e-sports MMO anime (mouse and kayboard style, not that fancy VR stuff), which was great fun.
SukaSuka

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sakura Quest Episode 25:

I would say after careful consideration that this show has become my AOTS and possibly my AOTY, it took a bit to find its footing but once it hit its stride it got going and became a damn excellent series.

Kenstar

Im just now noticing that the alliance side has these blocky ass ships fighting against the empires sleek ships

Now why would you make these huge ass targets like that with big cross sections that are easier to hit instead of making it very narrow and long with a couple metric shit tons of armor right at the front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom