• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having over 400K people watching your animated show at 130 AM seems decent if you ask me but I don't really know what I'm talking about. Just seems like a decent number all things considered.

Friday and Saturday nights in general tend to be shit for ratings unless it's a sports game. Add to the fact that the Network and Broadcasters will really only care about the 18-49 demo, not the overall viewership so it really doesn't make a difference how many shows manage to crack over Million.

The 18-49 holdover has been solid and pretty consistent Year over Year. And I think the fact that by next month, the block would have expanded an extra hour that it did last years shows that the block is doing just fine ratings-wise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Friday and Saturday nights in general tend to be shit for ratings unless it's a sports game. Add to the fact that the Network and Broadcasters will really only care about the 18-49 demo, not the overall viewership so it really doesn't make a difference how many shows manage to crack over Million.

The 18-49 holdover has been solid and pretty consistent Year over Year. And I think the fact that by next month, the block would have expanded an extra hour that it did last years shows that the block is doing just fine ratings-wise.

Yea, they wouldn't be spending all this money on brand-new shows if the block was in any kind of trouble.

ckohler

u34Nc8n.jpg

Episode 44 "F'ing Bubbles!"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Zonic discuss the Spy Kids movies, Vegeta's cooking, Videl's hairstyle, oily men, hyper mega particle cannons, GAF Man, incompetent protags, and Feels Piece.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode044.mp3

Timecodes:
0:02:33 DB Super
0:09:00 DBZ Kai
0:16:19 Jojo
0:21:02 Gundam Unicorn
0:32:00 HxH
0:39:44 Shippuden
0:44:12 One Piece
0:52:23 Closing

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Sakura Haruno...

Manga spoilers

She got with the man of her dreams and fathered his child. Considering it was her only goal in the series no matter how much Kishi shit on her with the writing she did accomplish her only established goal, something yamcha had for a short while before he got ntr'd

She gets the man she's been obsessed with for years, breh. Even if he is a piece of shit.
Oh I know. I know how that shit ended. My biggest fucking gripe with her is how she constantly gave up her moral integrity. Her "Sasuke I need you speech" at the end of part one is some horse shit.

Chase17

Manga spoilers

She got with the man of her dreams and fathered his child. Considering it was her only goal in the series no matter how much Kishi shit on her with the writing she did accomplish her only established goal, something yamcha had for a short while before he got ntr'd
Plus she has a cool daughter

Moaradin

Episode 44 "F'ing Bubbles!"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Zonic discuss the Spy Kids movies, Vegeta's cooking, Videl's hairstyle, oily men, hyper mega particle cannons, GAF Man, incompetent protags, and Feels Piece.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode044.mp3

Timecodes:
0:02:33 DB Super
0:09:00 DBZ Kai
0:16:19 Jojo
0:21:02 Gundam Unicorn
0:32:00 HxH
0:39:44 Shippuden
0:44:12 One Piece
0:52:23 Closing

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

You're right about the Super ending. Everyone else was being crazy :p

Honestly
Karin should have been, thats what the story was building towards thematically and it was basically lol jk the last chapter
That would've been hilarious too and I think that's how a lot of people read it too.
Would've been Kishi taking an epic shit on Sakura as well.
lol,

Or that one of the future plot points will be
Ging giving an ex-convict permission to beat the shit out of his son.
Ging is at least very confident in his genetic superiority. "You won't be able to kill him, he's my son after all."

That seems like an unfair fight
Arale would wreck both of them.
Sadly I realize this..."This goes against the will of causality."
Even in Jojo Arale would have a Requiem stand.
He'll be in the background throughout the epilogue while saying nothing.
It's like if he don't need to fight something on the side for Guts he's got no purpose these days. Farnese has Rodrick, so that's kind of not really his creepy sort of on off love interest anymore.

cntr

Banned
the podcast got really lewd this week

and when future people come back to listen to this, they're going to have no idea what the spy kids stuff was about

Morlas

The problem with this thread is we've been treating it like a battle thread when it's really a gag thread.
tumblr_ohrqhrjvqd1ulpmhpo1_500.gif
*sweeps under the rug sheepishly*

My headcanon is that a microscopic tadpole from within Goku, on its own accord, used Instant Transmission and created Gohan. And the same goes for Goten.
This would explain why he could be so oblivious to those types of things! :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Praise Beezsus, I stepped out of a mangled car last night into the pouring rain only to wake up on my 33rd birthday with a sore throat so bad I can't speak three words in a row...but who cares, TOONAMI in three more days! Bring back Bleach!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Inuyasha is welcome back at any time.

Also of interest is that if you count GITS:SAC HD as a new version then everything on TOONAMI is first run. Soon to be four and a half hours with Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom