• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's to sell Mac Sauce, Filet-O-Fish Sauce, & McChicken Sauce bottles in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Will you add ketchup on it?

I do not support the McHotDog.

gXK6ZZt.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just to point out to our American friends, what we call a McChicken is not the same as what you guys call a McChicken. What you call a McChicken is a Jr McChicken here and it tastes very different. You can't get our McChicken in the US.

Kr0ni

Neo Member
I remember making homemade Big Macs as a kid with my Uncle. We used thousand island.. yeah not even close to the same.

The McChicken sauce definitely is not just mayo. But probably not different enough to warrant buying a bottle.

Give me KFC Spicy Mayo and Subway Southwest Chipotle please.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If I remember right the Big Mac sauce was only sold at McDonalds restaurants in the US?

I always got the impression that the franchisees are really powerful in the US and would fight *any* reason they'd lose out on a single sale - like offering the sauces in a grocery store.

geomon

These sons of bitches. They know the only reason to buy that fucking overpriced Filet O Fish guts is because of the tarter sauce and they know we can't get that shit anywhere else except through them and now they release it into the wilds of Canada. Fuckers.

Don't be surprised if a blackmarket pipeline from Canada to the US is formed because of this. I'm convinced there are literal drugs in that tartar sauce that makes me keep wanting it so fucking much.

venomenon

I'd prefer the Big Tasty sauce. Don't know if it's the same as the American Big N' Tasty but it's always been my favourite.

Kyuur

Fish and McChicken are weird choices. Just brand-name Mayo and Tartar sauce.

Mac sauce on the other hand is completely different in taste to Thousand Island. I guess maybe they thought launching it solo was too little? Either way I'll probably pick up a bottle.

sikkinixx

McDs in Canada is so superior to that garbage in the US that it's hardly surprising they bless us with MacPoulet sauce.

ghostmind

I always ask for McChicken sauce packets for a fry dip, so this has piqued my interest.

And once again, Canadian McChicken sauce isn't just mayo.

McChicken has been a staple in Canada for decades, and there isn't really an equivalent in the USA.

Had McNuggets over the weekend. 6 for $5.19, 20 for $10.49. They're actually pretty good though. Not overly salty like BK's, and white meat.

gfxtwin

So mayo, a thousand islands and Tartar sauce? lmao

At least when Whataburger sells their ketchup it is unique from other ketchup and tastes kind of amazing (for ketchup). Don't know anyone who's ever been blown away by any McDonald's sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom