• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2: New World for 3DS

Teknoman

At current, yes everything else of intrest have been on other places. Not too much of a Nintendo person. But this game really had my interest.

Indeed but they are available elsewhere.

If you like RPGs period, there are already a truckload, most non Nintendo.

TreIII

That's more of a flaw in NxC series itself. Hell, at least they're kind enough to let you skip through enemy attacks.

True, but I think showcasing that something as a "syndrome" of the series is all the more reason why it should be examined and addressed.

There's a lot of things about the typical "SRW-style" formula that just don't mesh as well with the action-rpg aspects that Monolithsoft wants to incorporate. The OG Saga games were a bit better in this respect, if only because you only had to be concerned with random encounters on a map instead of wave after wave after wave of enemy reinforcements on a SRPG-style map. And if nothing else, you at least had a 100% escape option on non-boss battles in OG Saga.

cj_iwakura

True, but I think showcasing that something as a "syndrome" of the series is all the more reason why it should be examined and addressed.

There's a lot of things about the typical "SRW-style" formula that just don't mesh as well with the action-rpg aspects that Monolithsoft wants to incorporate. The OG Saga games were a bit better in this respect, if only because you only had to be concerned with random encounters on a map instead of wave after wave after wave of enemy reinforcements on a SRPG-style map. And if nothing else, you at least had a 100% escape option on non-boss battles in OG Saga.

A brilliant way to fix this would be to include OG2's fast-forward feature for the fancy animations.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, you could skip the boss attacks & your own special/multi-unit attacks. Though they could still imply a 2x speed for normal attacks, I guess, but it'd make it harder to find the moments to attack in order to get criticals.

cj_iwakura

At the very least, you could skip the boss attacks & your own special/multi-unit attacks. Though they could still imply a 2x speed for normal attacks, I guess, but it'd make it harder to find the moments to attack in order to get criticals.

Yeah, there's no way around that. They'd have to be crazy to ignore the feedback, though. If it was that big in the west, we're nothing if not unspoken, and literally everyone who's played it had the same complaint.

I would just make the maps smaller, or at least have more variety, and drastically cut back on the enemy/boss repetition. Have 15 or so enemies with more HP so it takes team attacks to break them down, rather than 45 of them who crumble from a hit.

kunonabi

I think I need to do a better job of communicating how useful items are. Battles went much quicker once I started being aggressive with my item usage instead of hording them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I need to do a better job of communicating how useful items are. Battles went much quicker once I started being aggressive with my item usage instead of hording them.
Yeah, you need to be more careful with them on the 2nd/Hard Mode playthrough, but kind of amazed how much healing & XP gaining items you get.

Though I kind of hope equipment makes a bigger deal this time around. It was kind of just "there" & I didn't feel like there was much of a difference, not to mention it was a bit of a pain going through all those characters & equipping two or three things each.

Yeah, there's no way around that. They'd have to be crazy to ignore the feedback, though. If it was that big in the west, we're nothing if not unspoken, and literally everyone who's played it had the same complaint.

I would just make the maps smaller, or at least have more variety, and drastically cut back on the enemy/boss repetition. Have 15 or so enemies with more HP so it takes team attacks to break them down, rather than 45 of them who crumble from a hit.
Hopefully, since this was a bigger hit than they expected, they'll listen to more feedback than "Okay, people want this character in!"

& yeah, it was a HUGE pain when you'd finally defeat about 10 enemies but then NOPE HERE'S 10 MORE!!! I think less but more health compared to more but less health might help out.

Here's a topic; in advance of the unveiling, who do you think will be unveiled to be in the game right away, and do you expect any departures?

I would think Sonic would be shown if he's in since he's obviously iconic, at least in the west.

TreIII

This this this.

Another thing I would recommend would be to make levels smaller and scale it back on the player's side, too. 8-10 sortied units should be fine. You don't need to have the player's entire roster deployed, anymore than you need to give them 40-50 meatbags plus bosses to combo!

If nothing else, remember that your game is on a portable. Having the option to quick-save is always nice, but you shouldn't be making your levels that large anyway.

Edit:

Here's a topic; in advance of the unveiling, who do you think will be unveiled to be in the game right away, and do you expect any departures?

I would think Sonic would be shown if he's in since he's obviously iconic, at least in the west.

I honestly hope they don't include Sonic (for personal reasons, largely), but I could see why they still wouldn't. They'd either have to tone down the "fanservice" so that the game could safely be marketed to Sonic's audience, or Sega would just have to be fine with Sonic being depicted alongside such.

Durden77

Hell yeah! I loved the first one, but like other people have said it was just too long. I got to a little after unlocking X and Zero and just couldn't continue. If they clean it up a bit with a sequel, I'll be there.

I honestly hope they don't include Sonic (for personal reasons, largely), but I could see why they still wouldn't. They'd either have to tone down the "fanservice" so that the game could safely be marketed to Sonic's audience, or Sega would just have to be fine with Sonic being depicted alongside such.

Klonoa was in NxC without issues, though of course it was a Namco game first and I guess they're more known for allowing that?

I would think Sega would be fine with it.

Loona

There's a site and video confirming it now: http://www.famitsu.com/sp/150413_pxz2/

Mostly returning series, but Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza of the Dead is in too, as is Hotsuma from the modern Shinobi games, and Taki's repalcement from Soul Calibur V.

Virgil added from Devil may Cry, and Kagemaru from Virtua Fighter, as well as a few others I couldn't quite make out.

Of course, Reiji and Xiaomu are in.

Edit: screenshots: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201504/13076330.html

X and Zero are back so I'm even more sold. I hope Sigma is their villain this time. I like Vile but you gotta have the big bad. Plus with his virus powers and love of reviving old enemies, it makes easy excuses for Banpresto's almost trademark brainwashed characters and bringing back old enemies schtick.

You had me at Kiryu, Majima, Hotsuma, and Kage-maru...I'm ready for 60+ of repetitive gameplay again.

I'm hoping that Sonic, Mega Man, and Klonoa/Pac-man make an appearance...Plus that they bring Valkyria Chronicles characters too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Who is the assist in Chris/Jill?

And no more Demitri for Dante? Aww...

X/Zero has a new Map Super move as well, gonna miss Hadouken.

Hiryu / Hotsuma is the first "cross" company team since King / Felicia in NxC right?

EDIT: Wait, the pair-ups are different than usual, they're vague if it's an assist or a new team up!

random25

I doubt Sonic will come in here. He's not human/humanoid after all.

Megaman/Blues or Megaman/Bass additional tandem would be sick.

Top Bottom