• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2: New World for 3DS

Kasumin

I know a lot of people didn't like how the game dragged on, but I didn't mind. I just wanted more interactions from my favorite characters from franchises I loved that were pretty much dead. Like X and Zero. And for once they didn't screw over X in favor of Zero. It was nice to see both featured prominently (which means Inafune had nothing to do with the game).

I'll take a sequel! Hopefully with more characters from more under appreciated franchises and some improvements in mechanics. If people think PxZ dragged on, though... Namco x Capcom on the PS2 was even longer due to how enemy turns were done. PxZ actually severely cut down on battle length in comparison.

Of course, I may be slightly biased since I was playing PxZ when I was suffering from some really bad insomnia. So it was either stare at the ceiling or play PxZ. I'm sure some people would still opt for the former, though :p

Eighting.

They haven't done anything resembling a fighting game since Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes. All Eighting does now is annualize Kamen Rider in a video game format. They don't do GNT or Heat the Soul anymore. Konami destroyed Bloody Roar. Capcom doesn't want to do TvC2. If Harada or Dimps weren't available and it was up to Bamco to make it happen it would be either them or Banpresto.

Like I said though, French-Bread would easily be the best bet given the aesthetic of the Cross series and with a shell like DBFC to set it in. Eighting could definitely run backup for it but them leading the charge on the project is a whole different thing entirely.

They haven't done anything resembling a fighting game since Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes. All Eighting does now is annualize Kamen Rider in a video game format. They don't do GNT or Heat the Soul anymore. Konami destroyed Bloody Roar. Capcom doesn't want to do TvC2. If Harada or Dimps weren't available and it was up to Bamco to make it happen it would be either them or Banpresto.

Like I said though, French-Bread would easily be the best bet given the aesthetic of the Cross series and with a shell like DBFC to set it in. Eighting could definitely run backup for it but them leading the charge on the project is a whole different thing entirely.

Don't forget the extinction of the Naruto: Clash of Ninja series. :(

Poor 8ing, such talent no longer used to their fullest. :(

This game, Mario Luigi Dream Team and Okami are practically the only games I ever here anyone ask to be shorter.

Okami is long but has enough content to keep it interesting, Project X Zone just started piling on enemies so there would literally be over 100 units on a map, and the way you fought enemies and how repetitious it got made it drag on forever.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hurrah! I've beaten PXZ 3 times with over 160 hours put into it total so bring on the sequel!! Time for some .hack//G.U. characters to join the fray or... skip 'em an go right to third season characters! A Sakuya & Sora unit'd be great!

This time around I hope they let ya switch which characters you move around on the field since the sprites for everyone are made anyway. And that they pay up for vocal songs when the games localized instead of cheaping out like last time lol.

For a game that was meant to be a crossover with three of Japan's biggest video game companies, there was quite a lack of well-recognized SEGA characters.
What major characters does Segac have in Japan outside of Sonic & Kiryu? Most of their characters haven't been relevant in like forever if they even ever were! I was pretty happy with their members in PXZ and can only wish for more Fighting Vipers love an some PSU/Portable characters to join of the top of my head.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I was sitting around thinking that there was a developer with tons of licensed fighting game experience doing jack shit but I couldn't remember who and then Eighting popped back into my head.

I wish they were still making Naruto games. They'd look amazing on Wii U.

Don't forget the extinction of the Naruto: Clash of Ninja series. :(

Poor 8ing, such talent no longer used to their fullest. :(

I said Gekitou Ninja Taisen.

I was sitting around thinking that there was a developer with tons of licensed fighting game experience doing jack shit but I couldn't remember who and then Eighting popped back into my head.

I wish they were still making Naruto games. They'd look amazing on Wii U.

Special was easily the best game in the series and we didn't even get it over here. I still prefer GNT over UNS and would definately play more of the series if somebody would let them do so.

Where Special left things was they easily had at least another 2 or 3 games they could've done with the characters that would be available. But Bamco wanted an annual series and UNS fits that bill for them unfortunately. I don't know why those games didn't end up on the 3DS to continue the series?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Some preliminary new character brainstorming @_@

- Pairs
Nero & Gene [DMC, God Hand]
Sakuya & Sora [.hack]
Mega Man.exe & Roll.exe [MM Battle Network]
Emilia & Lumia [PSU/Portable]
Bahn & Candy [Fighting Vipers]
Viewtiful Joe & Sexy Silvia [VJ]

- Solo
Hermit [.hack]
Felicia [Darkstalkers]
Casey [Kid Chameleon]

- Bosses turned friendly Solos
Magashi [PSU/Portable]
Majima [Yakuza]

GenG3000

I wanted to support the original and its amazing cast of characters but it ended being badtastic. I dropped it around chapter 20.

Unless heavy changes are made in gameplay and pace, don't count me in for this one.

It'll be Sorey and Alisha.

If they want to keep current, but I was just thinking about how Jude and Milla have two games and sold better than Zestiria.

Wait, now that Sega owns Atlus, does that mean we could get SMT characters in this?

If I get Tales an SMT characters in this game my head will explode!! It'll likely be the closest thing I'll ever get to my dream crossover game of Tales and SMT.

Tohsaka

Hopefully they cut back on the endless enemy reinforcements this time. I enjoyed the first game, aside from that aspect of it.

They literally just need to allow us the ability to skip battles.

Or just make each mission not riddled with 20 enemies on screen.

Either of these options will make the game good, or at least better.

Videoneon

The only thing I can think of

namco
soul calibur representation (there should be a team)
klonoa
jude/milla is ok i guess, yuri/estelle is cooler

sega
yakuza
phantasy star
atlus??? (jack frost solo?)
skies and shenmue representation

capcom
hiryu solo

don't need sanic, or pacmin, or old megaman

NeonZ

atlus??? (jack frost solo?)

If they include Atlus, I guess there'd be obviously a Persona pair and maybe a SMT solo (maybe Black Frost from Devil Survivor, since he's close enough to generic Jack Frost, and has an unique personality. They also wouldn't need to make a mute character speak), alongside SMT demons as enemies, especially with Persona 5 going with demon enemies again.

Neiteio

oh man, the boob jiggle in those gifs have more frames of animation than like most OVAs in their entirety

that's, uh, an interesting use of budget

cj_iwakura

Reiji and Xiaomu! LIVE AGAIN!

Great news. No surprise, considering how well the first did.

I'll never play the original again, but I'll get the second on day one, all the same.

I really enjoyed the battle mechanic in the game since I've played Super Robot Taisen OG Saga. But it gets repetitive as you progress, and the chapters gets longer. I remember playing two chapters in one go, and almost fell asleep.

I'm still sad that Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Exceed didn't come out here.

ZeroX03

Banned
PXZ strikes me as a game that needs a bunch of improvements but had awesome sprites and potential so this sounds great.

cj_iwakura

If they fix up the gameplay, it'll be a great sequel. I'm cautiously optimistic.

The gameplay itself was great. It's the Super Robot crap that needs to be thrown in the trash. Repetitive maps, massive armies of enemies, bosses with endless HP, etc. Fix that up, and you have a masterpiece.

B.K.

Meh. I haven't played Project X Zone, but I'm sure it's horrible and this one will be just as bad. The team that makes these games is a bad team. They've never made a good game.

Videoneon

Brave New World is a reference to the Theme song of the original game in this series, Namco X Capcom.

Yeah. if Anything, the retention of "Project X Zone" in the title suggests to me it'll only be three companies again

If they include Atlus, I guess there'd be obviously a Persona pair and maybe a SMT solo (maybe Black Frost from Devil Survivor, since he's close enough to generic Jack Frost, and has an unique personality. They also wouldn't need to make a mute character speak), alongside SMT demons as enemies, especially with Persona 5 going with demon enemies again.

My bad, somehow I didn't clarify, but I agree that an atlus unit makes sense. I have no idea how you would make that work though, or who would be chosen

Can't wait for the second one. Sank 90+ hours in the last game despite its stupid plot.

Needs some Ace Attorney, Bayonetta and Persona characters. Kthxbai

cj_iwakura

Can't wait for the second one. Sank 90+ hours in the last game despite its stupid plot.

Needs some Ace Attorney, Bayonetta and Persona characters. Kthxbai

I think my clear time was like 58 hours. It just never. ever. ended.

If I hadn't mostly played it at work, I'd have gone nuts.

Day one. Hopefully they put more Endless Frontier reps in like Aledy and Neige or stick Suzuka and Aschen together for laughs.

Also Phoenix and Maya on the Capcom side, and more Sakura Taisen characters from Sega.

I'm still sad that Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Exceed didn't come out here.

I know them feels, man. Even imported the LE. ;_;

Sign me up.

The combat can get repetitive, but I still enjoyed it. Put in some Monster Hunter characters - like Great Sword Guy, Light Bow Gun Chick, Rathalos and Zinogre.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I was at the event.
The biggest news (which maybe would deserve its own thread too?) more than PXZ2 imo is that speaking with Cris and also by looking at the (yet not officiallly) announced line up is that BNE is going all in on PC.
You can expect 90% of their titles to be released on PC and he even said clearly that Europe will get first class treatment thanks to being more receptive to the Bandai products of the company (anime licenses and such) compared to NA markets, which will be reflected in more localizations than ever and, as already said, PC releases for almost everything.
He even reiterated that thanks to PC will be seeing more titles localized, even for many games which didn't have a PC release originally for the japanese market.

I was at the event.
The biggest news which would deserve its own thread more than PXZ2 imo is that speaking with Cris and also by looking at the (yet not officiallly) announced line up is that BNE is going all in on PC.
You can expect 90% of their titles to be released on PC and he even said clearly that Europe will get first class treatment thanks to being more receptive to the Bandai products of the company (anime licenses and such) compared to NA markets, which will be reflected in more localizations than ever and, as already said, PC releases for almost everything.
He even reiterated that thanks to PC will be seeing more titles localized, even for many games which didn't have a PC release originally for the japanese market.
If this is true (no offense meant, I just take people's word with a lot of salt when it comes to Japanese media companies not being retarded w/ global markets), that probably has a lot to do with them getting their IPs to Europe before NA and how shit their NA efforts have been since the anime boom. Most of their problems here in NA stem from not listening to people who actually know the market.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If this is true (no offense meant, I just take people's word with a lot of salt when it comes to Japanese media companies not being retarded w/ global markets), that probably has a lot to do with them getting their IPs to Europe before NA and how shit their NA efforts have been since the anime boom. Most of their problems here in NA stem from not listening to people who actually know the market.

Well obviously it's not like I can (or want to) vouch for them :p
Just reporting what's been said during the event, I couldn't even stay for the whole duration of it so most of it comes from a friend reporter of mine.
If you meant you're taking with a lot of salt what *I've* written (meaning I made it up) then I'm a bit buffled, besides the fact it s not the first time I report on things or break minor news which you couldn't possibly knew/remember of course, it's not like I've reported a megaton or some kind of whoa-scoop!11! lol :) no offense taken either way! Just thought it could be a somewhat interesting thing to share.

ShinMaruku

I find it funny how you went from being somewhat interested in this to writing it off because it was a 3DS title.

You may find it funny. But it's an intresting game, just not enough to buy a 3ds for one game. World will not end if I can't play it.

Top Bottom