• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2: New World for 3DS

Spikain

I know I'm dreaming here but Nintendo are now much more willing to lend their characters for spinoffs and crossovers...

What if...

To be honest, I wonder why they don't release RPG's in this style on Mobile. These would actually make decent RPGS for mobile devices.

Where's my One Piece fighting game XD?

One-Piece-Super-Grand-Battle-X-Logo.gif

One-Piece-Super-Grand-Battle-X-3ds.jpg

It'll have to do... for now...

Mephala

This is good news.

The first one was fun and had some pretty good characters. Loved the animation and the combat system wasn't too bad.

My issue wasn't really the length of the game per se. More that it had so little in the ways of actual strategy and and the bosses, heck even some of the mooks were damage sponges.

I hope this franchise gets more popular and continues to make sequels whilst hammering out a more enjoyable gameplay. I for one love lengthy strategy RPGs.

For the curious there is a demo of the first game on the eShop!

I never played PXZ but i hear that Monolith worked on it. Is it worth giving a shot?

Are you a fan of a good majority of the series represented? If not, pass. Pass and do not look back

The game has a fun battle system and great visuals but the story is non-existent and the missions, especially near end-game, go on way too long and are repetitive as hell.

The game exists to have familiar characters fighting familiar enemies and looking awesome while doing it. If you don't have an attachment to the bulk of the cast prior to playing, the game's not going to be very compelling or enjoyable. I'm used to the earlier titles in this crossover series via Capcom X Namco, Endless Frontier, and Exceed so I knew what I was getting into with X Zone. Throw in a ton of game series that I love especially Mega Man X and I enjoyed Project X Zone a lot. It's still probably the most niche game I've ever seen.

I remember there being two demos for it on the eShop. I'm not sure if they're still there. If they are, give it a shot.

On topic, holy wow at this being announced. It tanked in Japan and even worse overseas. I cannot believe it's getting a sequel. These games must take couch change to create.

Edit: Never mind. I'm stupidly wrong on the sales. Unexpected good news is best news.

To be honest, I wonder why they don't release RPG's in this style on Mobile. These would actually make decent RPGS for mobile devices.

It'll have to do... for now...
Asking it to be localised ;P more surprised there's been nothing yet, you would think Nintendo will want it released due to Amiibo support lol

On topic, holy wow at this being announced. It tanked in Japan and even worse overseas. I cannot believe it's getting a sequel. These games must take couch change to create.

That's outright false. The game sold incredibly well in Western markets, and the fact that Namco announced the sequel during a conference in Europe is a further proof of this.

LuuKyK

PXZ2? Nice...need to finish 1 first someday though :V

I just came to peace with the fact that I will never complete the game despite enjoying what I played of it.

The game is great until there is no more characters to recruit, after that the missions become waaaaay too long and repetitive and you gain nothing by beating them aside from plot conclusion, but the story is so bad that I don't feel like its worth it.

NeonZ

I hope they give up on attempting to make this grounded, and include cartoony characters like Sonic too this time. The story was very messy anyway, and much worse than in the SRW titles, so there was no point in attempting to keep things grounded.

Is this still going to be by Monolith Soft? I wonder if there's any chance of Nintendo characters being added too, especially with that "new world" title. On the other hand, there's also Atlus, since Sega owns them now. It'd be cool to get some SMT/Persona/Devil Survivor characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh. I remember following the release in Japan it barely scraped by at 150K~ a month after release. I stopped following the sales numbers at that point since it was too depressing.
I think it sold about 85k+ the first week in Japan, but I don't know the exact numbers for the US since Namco never said & I'm told VG Charts isn't the best source. Edit: Uh, wow, if even the actual name is censored, then I think that tells me I shouldn't look at their numbers.

If at the very least, it did (much, much) better than Namco was originally expecting, then I'm content, especially if it was enough to warrant a sequel.

I just came to peace with the fact that I will never complete the game despite enjoying what I played of it.

The game is great until there is no more characters to recruit, after that the missions become waaaaay too long and repetitive and you gain nothing by beating them aside from plot conclusion, but the story is so bad that I don't feel like its worth it.
Yeah, once you get everyone in your party, you've pretty much seen everyone, so that sense of "OH MAN, who's gonna appear next!", which I think helped in motivating you to keep playing, is gone. I sort of agree when people say that the game lasted a few too many missions.

I understand they have to give attention to so many character, but hopefully the story can be a bit more memorable this time around & have the pacing of the missions/character unlocking be better.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The article's title "Bandai Namco: in 2015 horizontal and vertical growth" makes me laugh for some reason.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The article's title "Bandai Namco: in 2015 horizontal and vertical growth" makes me laugh for some reason.

They are being a lot more proactive than other companies here thats for sure. So Id say it is a fairly accurate title. Esp with how they are really pushing harder with the SE Asia market but still will have to see how this gen goes with the West. But that also ties into the SE Asia market releases as the English localization for those can assist with the Western localization also if they have a master text file that they deem good enough to use. And not do something stupid again like with their fuckup of Hollow Fragment.

Bandai Namco has been pretty damned good with actual game output also in comparison to the other companies here.

Producer

PxZ had some problems but man it had alot of my favorite ever characters. Loved the fanservice and the artwork & animations. Looking forward to this one.

EDarkness

Recently got around to play Project X Zone and I had a lot of fun with it. I'll definitely pick this up if it comes to the States.

vareon

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 on the new consoles and PC will sell well when it comes out later in the year, as will One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Saint Seiya, Tales of Zestiria, J-Stars Victory VS + and Godzilla.

Reading the MCV article, did they basically confirm Tales of Zestiria and J-Stars Victory VS for PC?

LuuKyK

Reading the MCV article, did they basically confirm Tales of Zestiria and J-Stars Victory VS for PC?

Not really, but the game did show up in the Steam database, and there are rumors floating around so it wouldn't really be a surprise at this point.

Cut enemies per map down, speed up gameplay or just make it more interesting, and yeah you could really have something.

Otherwise I'll probably skip, I was so excited for this game, and I could not make it through it; and I am a guy who plays the Super Robot Wars games and don't really find them tedious.

Pachael

I was slightly hoping for another company to join the fray, but who knows - hope the new characters that join the fray shake it up a bit, as I expect the battles to be quite long again

Vena

Google/Wiki is telling me 18.

May be right. But for whatever sense of age I have of anime characters, she looks like someone who'd show up in a show as a mid-20s something year old.

Well whatever, I feel sorry for her back and shoulders!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So who do you tap to do it?

Harada's busy. Dimps needs to release The Rumble Fish 2 on somebody's console & they're on SFV duty.

That leaves either Arc System Works or French-Bread.

It would in a sensible situation fall to French-Bread because they could just take what's already there in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and work with that.

But I'm down for more PXZ however it comes.

Eighting.

I absolutely loved Project x Zone even if it took a significant portion of my lifespan to beat. I hope this one comes westward as well.

MrDoctor

Wasn't she like 15-16 in her game (preposterous but whatever)? Somehow this way of drawing her makes her look considerably older... for an animated character that is.

That's anime ageing: characters are almost always 10-15 years younger than they appear, especially the females. Go past 25 and the inverse starts to becomes true.

Oregano

I hope they add characters from a new company(or two). Nintendo would be the obvious one but Atlus characters would be nice now that Sega owns them.

Also Japan is going SRPG this year. Seems like they had an Awakening.;)

Harusame

Didn't play too much of Project X Zone, as I am not the greatest at turn-based games, however I quite enjoyed it for what it was. I will definitely try the sequel though.

Top Bottom