• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2: New World for 3DS

The End

PxZ was 30 hours too long

ahhh yeah I think I'm in for this. I need the fanservice and half decent (lol) strategy gameplay

The best thing they could do to fix that is cap the number of units you can bring into battle (like Fire Emblem does) and have smaller, less grindy maps.

Omnicent

I'm in again for the fanservice (better have Dante in this) and hype. HYPE!.

Also please tone down the amount of enemies per mission/mission time and I'd be set (I got burned out a bit 3/4 through with all the enemy waves)

Puruzi

Banned
UEDixuP.gif

DAY 0

TreIII

Hurrah for another game with X and Zero in it!

I guess the only thing I could suggest would be to inevitably add Trish, Vergil and Nero into the mix somehow, since Dante and Lady are already in it.

Loona

I never played PXZ but i hear that Monolith worked on it. Is it worth giving a shot?

It's someone you enjoy more for the writing and how it tries to unify the settings - Namco X Capcom did this better, but PXZ still has a bunch of charm and uses all sort of elements from the source games.

It could work as a visual novel for the writing and music alone, but when you wouldn't have things like Erica's "ohayo bonjour" dance being used both as an attack and map buff.

I'm optimistic they'll optimize the battle flow - they've been tweaking the formula across several games:
NxC -> Endless Frontier -> Endless Frontier Exceed -> PXZ

I didn't get to play or see much of the EF games, but for project zone they cut out time spent on regular attacks from non-boss enemies to help make combat faster - maybe for PXZ2 they'll do something like allowing the automation of juggle combo timing or something, letting you skip the whole animation if you've already suceeded with it on an enemy with the same weight class.

MSMrRound

Yesss. Sort of want. Sort of really want. Was expecting some Digimon/.Hack etc, but Project X Zone 2 is pretty nice too.

Sure, the first game was pretty draggy, but I had fun with it. 3rd playthrough, 180+ hours and counting.

Make it a fighter

So who do you tap to do it?

Harada's busy. Dimps needs to release The Rumble Fish 2 on somebody's console & they're on SFV duty.

That leaves either Arc System Works or French-Bread.

It would in a sensible situation fall to French-Bread because they could just take what's already there in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and work with that.

But I'm down for more PXZ however it comes.

Vanguard

They take around an hour regardless. There's one level (I think it was the introduction of Jin) where, 20 minutes in, a failstate gets introduced that you can easily, easily lose to if you haven't spent the map positioning your fastest characters to handle it.

Ah cheers, I think I got passed that? It's been so long since I've played it to be honest haha, I do remember Jin though I think. Would defo still buy a second though if this is true.

oSoLucky

I'm happy that they're making more in the series. PxZ was my favorite game of all that I played on the 3DS. Sadly I got rid of it though, so I won't be able to play this one for a while.

All of Bandai Namco's SRPG crossover games seem to have shit strategy/tactics gameplay, so I won't be surprised if the gameplay is shit.

Going to flip a table if Sonic & Pac Man & Mega Man (Keep X) arent in the game... Specially after this.......

super-smash-bros-mega-man-pac-man-and-sonic.jpg

And...
B5EeoRvCIAAvXjJ.png:large

Also bring Klonoa Back!!! He was in Namco x Capcom (STRIDER HIRYU TOO)

Klonoa_Namco_x_Capcom_5.png

strider-nx1.gif

Kozuka

Awesome news, Bamco has to work harder this time there is a big potential !
Moar Tactical is never a bad thing.

Loona

I'd like them to get a bit more creative with the pair-ups, too. I don't think anyone should be with characters from their same series.

What I'd really like is the ability to have custom pairs, with special team attacks for specific pairs.
It was nice having a mixed company team in NxC too (King and Felicia), something PXZ lacked.
Or at least the return of Multiple Assaults from NxC.
It still amazes me to this day that NxC got to use Rival Schools but only used teacher characters, and then included Hideo in a team attack with Ryu and Ken for Triple Shoryuken.

I hope the original characters are better this time though - I grew to like the Reiji/Xiaomu/Saya dynamic, but the PXZ originals never quite clicked with me.

I never played PXZ but i hear that Monolith worked on it. Is it worth giving a shot?

I'd say it's worth a go. The gameplay can get repetitive after playing it for an extensive amount of time but it's good fun in short spurts. Also it's relatively cheap now, you can buy it for $20 on Amazon USA.

I'm actually surprised there may be a sequel for Project X Zone. Didn't it bomb in Japan?

Zalman

This is a nice surprise. I haven't played the first one yet as I heard mixed things about it. I do like the concept though. Hopefully they can deliver an even better game this time.

Loona

So who do you tap to do it?

Harada's busy. Dimps needs to release The Rumble Fish 2 on somebody's console & they're on SFV duty.

That leaves either Arc System Works or French-Bread.

It would in a sensible situation fall to French-Bread because they could just take what's already there in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and work with that.

But I'm down for more PXZ however it comes.

Include SNK in the cast and have them handle the battle system.

Man, I'd so love a classic Athena/Valkyrie team.

BlackJace

Ready for another round of:

Warp in -> Characters talk about how confused they are about where they warped to -> Enemies warp in -> Beat up trash enemies -> Boss warps in -> Banter b/t party and boss -> A ridiculous amount of reinforcement enemies warp in -> Chapter title introduction/jingle -> Kill everything -> End Chapter (x45)

Day one

Jashobeam

I really liked PXZ, it was fun but a bit repetitive and the battles really dragged on in the later stages. I would be happy with more flexibility when choosing teams and a better story. Keep the same battle system it rocks!

TreIII

I'd like them to get a bit more creative with the pair-ups, too. I don't think anyone should be with characters from their same series.

I dunno. Some pairings just make the most sense together, like X and Zero.

And as comedic as it might be to, say, have Bayonetta team up with Trish so that Atsuko Tanaka could be talking to herself? Maybe it would just be best to have her roll with Jeanne, instead.

Warp in -> Characters talk about how confused they are about where they warped to -> Enemies warp in -> Beat up trash enemies -> Boss warps in -> Banter b/t party and boss -> A ridiculous amount of reinforcement enemies warp in -> Chapter title introduction/jingle -> Kill everything -> End Chapter (x45)

Day one

This is 100% every level. I joked with my friends about how literally every stage they acted surprised when more people appeared a few rounds in. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Strangely love it though...

Jawmuncher

What I'd really like is the ability to have custom pairs, with special team attacks for specific pairs.
It was nice having a mixed company team in NxC too (King and Felicia), something PXZ lacked.
Or at least the return of Multiple Assaults from NxC.
It still amazes me to this day that NxC got to use Rival Schools but only used teacher characters, and then included Hideo in a team attack with Ryu and Ken for Triple Shoryuken.

I hope the original characters are better this time though - I grew to like the Reiji/Xiaomu/Saya dynamic, but the PXZ originals never quite clicked with me.

At least they used Regina from Dingo Crisis as a main. Would be cool if they brought her back.

Z3M0G

No thanks if it is more of the same...

By hour 25ish, when I finally got all of the characters, then learned I was only about half way through, I said hell no... especially with how draggy the missions were getting...

Loona

This was the weak point for PXZ for me - NxC systematized things a bit more, defining 5 major groups of words, and establishing connections within and between them. I'd never expect them to tie something like Bravoman into as much of the Namco world, for example.

If Sega's in this time too, I hope their most ancient character in the cast has een around long enough to debut in a 2D game - it was pretty weird how Virtua Fighter was the veteran series there, while Namco and Capcom could pull out the likes of Arthur and Valkyrie.

Vitacat

Don't care if GAF hated Project X Zone, I really like it and would buy a sequel if it has some interesting new stuff.

Top Bottom