• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2: New World for 3DS

Loona

At least they used Regina from Dingo Crisis as a main. Would be cool if they brought her back.

Maybe they'll bring her back and team her up with one of those cats from Monster Hunter, and constantly have arguments about the difference between dinos and dragons.

Regina was actually a neat asset in NxC, since her series justified the time travel parts. I'not into the series, but it got my respect based on that.

I enjoyed the bit I played of PxZ so this is a welcome surprise. Now let's begin the unreasonable demand of certain characters and their amiibo counterpart.

Give me Yuri Lowell and Zephyr amiibo!!

I have to agree with the sentiments of people saying it dragged on. I managed to play through the game but the last bit of it was a slog. I was ready for the game to be over maybe 2-3 hours or more before it actually ended.

That said.

All in again on Day Zero.

I dunno. Some pairings just make the most sense together, like X and Zero.

And as comedic as it might be to, say, have Bayonetta team up with Trish so that Atsuko Tanaka could be talking to herself? Maybe it would just be best to have her roll with Jeanne, instead.

I think the contrasts (and little "Oh, that makes sense" like Dante and Demetri) are the best parts of it. So Bayonetta with someone like, say, Jude from Xillia is more fun to me than just Bayonetta and Jeanne.

Sadist

Sure, why not?

The original was a pleasant surprise saleswise; didn't it triple the sales expecations of Bamco Europe?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I won't lie, I can see why people found it repetitive (I only played one chapter at a time, maybe one or two chapters a day to not experience burn out), but I found it fun, especially trying to experiment mixing all the teams & support characters, then seeing all the unique dialogue.

& just the overall fanservice of stuff like Mega Man & Zero with Kite & Black Rose popping in, then calling Ulala to chu chu chu the enemy as she summons Upa-Upa, Space Harrier, & Scooter from Alien Storm in order to take down Nemesis, Selvaria, & Vajra was so awesome to see.

Ryan95

Isn't actually strange that the eastern branch of Namco Bandai Games mentioned a game that was not even announced in Japan? I'm pretty skeptic, but if that's true, it means time before the localization announcements in Bamco is gradually getting shorter and fans are getting their favoutite games in a period nearer to the Japanese launch.

I know I won't be able to stay away from this one. My hopes for this game include the inclusion of some more original characters from the Endless Frontier games and a way to speed up the stages. If they could figure out a way to make player turns quicker the game would be much, much more enjoyable. I'd settle for doing slightly reduced damage in return for attacking without animations.

Edit: Player attacks, not phases. I've been playing too much Super Robot Wars lately.

Backflip

You guys will be happy (I think) when you see the trailer. I was at the Parisian event and the official reveal was supposed to be on monday. I can't show it yet but seeing that everything has leaked, I hope that Bandai Namco will let us put it online.

You guys will be happy (I think) when you see the trailer. I was at the Parisian event and the official reveal was supposed to be on monday. I can't show it yet but seeing that everything has leaked, I hope that Bandai Namco will let us put it online.
is there dot.hack
dude you have my heart right now

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
If they do another .Hack needs to be less shit like Link and more like GU or the original series.

Since what the fuck was link worst game in the series outside of that WTF fighting game...

evanmisha

Is Monolith Soft developing again? I realize you probably can't answer this but it's worth a shot

If they do another .Hack needs to be less shit like Link and more like GU or the original series.

Since what the fuck was link worst game in the series outside of that WTF fighting game...
Now, hold on. The fighting game was ridiculously ugly, but it was fun.
Link was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalls, tho.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I can't wait to see the trailer. Hoping it'll show us some new characters/franchises.

PUT IN BAYONETTA, SEGA. IT'LL BE THE CLOSEST TO A BAYONETTA/DMC CROSSOVER WE'LL GET

Never played it myself, but I hear its great fanservice (Kos-Mos and T-elos is awesome), but with gameplay that really starts to drag.

I'll give a look to the sequel if they improve the pacing of it. And keep Kos-Mos.

whoa whoa whoa

Jawmuncher

oh man i'm jealous. Can't wait to see the trailer and all the new characters.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
ENv0Nnv.gif

arue

Now I'm excited. Can't wait until Monday (or earlier) to see the trailer!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I'm kind of hoping they do cross-company units. We had cool stuff like Frank West & Hsien-Ko paired up, but imagine if we had Dante & Bayonetta teamed up. Or Morrigan & Ivy.

Rarutos

I loved Project X Zone so much I went back and played Namco x Capcom all the way to the end and I loved both even if the battles are super long and slow!!! The great crossover fanservice was more than enough to keep me happy.

MORE SAKURA TAISEN PLEASE!!!

Teknoman

Day 1, I really liked the combat system, just needs more game villains and less originals.

Edit: can someone post gifs of the awesome moves and not the gainaxy ones lol.

Akiller

Wait, so there are Sega characters Too right? So Dante vs Bayonetta is possible right?PleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

The original was the only 3DS game I've ever regretted buying. Nice sprites and animations, but everything else was legitimately bad. Hopefully there is some actual depth to the gameplay this time around.

Eolz

YEAH PROJECT X ZONE HYPE !

The gameplay was disappointing compared to Namco X Capcom, but the fanservice (in many ways) was off the charts. Spent 100 hours on it.

So happy! Hope the gameplay will have a bit more depth, the levels and story a bit less repetitive, and more playable characters obviously.

I remember that thread where Namco said PxZ1 did way better than expected, glad this led to a sequel!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, so there are Sega characters Too right? So Dante vs Bayonetta is possible right?PleasePleasePleasePleasePlease
Hell yeah.

& yes, the original PxZ had the following Sega franchises: Space Channel 5, Valkyria Chronicles 3, Virtua Fighter, Sakura Wars, Resonance of Fate, Shining Force EXA, Fighting Vipers, Dynamite Cop, & Zombie Revenge, even if some were just support.

Edit: Here, Wiki lists all the playable characters, supports, & rivals.

JordanN

Banned
Played the demo of the first game and was very letdown.

I enjoyed Super Robot Taisen Exceed on the DS so I have nothing against the concept. Hoping the sequel is better.

Top Bottom